Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Feb 1, 2001, 01:15 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
BARNY

BARNY is still being judged by the masses

Wink

I just ordered a RADEON 32DDR to replace my aging TNT2 ULTRA.I went for the RADEON because it gives you the most bang for your buck plus the 2D is supposed to be that much better. I DO HAVE A COPLE OF QUESTIONS.
1. Are 7072 the best drivers for win98se?
2. Do you have to have DX8 installed to use these drivers and is there any problems with this?
3 I have a KDS 17"Monitor with a .24 Trinitron tube, will this be a problem or do new drivers fix the problem I've been reading about?
4. ARE THE 7072 DRIVERS HER THE SAME ONES AT THE ATI SITE?
5. Are their any other suggestions for a new RADEON owner?

my computer is
P3 550
AOPEN 440ZX MB [SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM EXCEPT ITS OLDER]
256 PC100 RAM
15 GB Harddrive
8x DVD
4X8X32 CDRW

YOUR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPECIATED
Old Feb 1, 2001, 02:09 PM   #2
jm0ris0n
Over 1000 WU's Folded

jm0ris0n is still being judged by the masses

1.) i'm running ME, but the xx72's work fine for me

2.)I'd install DX8 just for the hell of it because form what I've heard the only nvidia users are getting screwed when using DX8. I am running it, but haven't gone to 8.a yet and no issues here.

3.)There is a fix for this issue, but i can't remember at the moment.

4.)Yes

5.)Never ever run anything in 16bit color again, and remember 3dmark scores aren't everything (this card kicks ^ss in everything else )
AXP 1.63Ghz -> IWill KK266+ -> 1024mb Crucial 7ns,cL2 -> MSI Ti4400 -> Turtle Beach Santa Cruz! -> Adaptec 2940UW -> IBM Ultrastar 18LZX 18.35GB Flavor + Maxtor27.2GB + D740x 40GB -> Afreey 12X DvD -> Lite-On 16/10 CDR/W -> Monsoon MM-2000 -> Samsung 700NF -> Razor Boomslang 2000dpi! -> Ratpadz -> Logitech Wireless KB -> Tricked Out INwinQ500

I'm folding with [email protected], shouldn't you?

Look Here: http://www.knockdownthewalls.741.com/home.html
Old Feb 1, 2001, 02:19 PM   #3
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

You'll want to enter 2-3 reg entries. You can do this manually or using Homer's tweaker (or one of the others). You'll want to make sure that:

1)HyperZ is enabled (on by default but good to check)
2)FastZClears are enabled (off by default I believe)
3)ExportWBuffer is disabled (helps with texture problems)

Radeon has some issues with fog, so if a game looks screwy, you may need to enable/disable some of the different types of fog using a tweaker/reg editor.

Read the excellent guide on this site on how to install the radeon (critical that ALL old video driver files and registry entries are deleted for best Radeon results). It is a must. And, of course, come back and ask questions here in this forum!
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad