Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 12, 2017, 02:33 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Trailer looks incredible, but scripted as hell.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2017, 03:40 PM   #32
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Yup 100% scripted and I'm calling it now that the game will not play or look that that on release. No crosshairs nice but doubt it, no ammo or health indicators apart from your wrist thing doubt it, the rocks and way the large creature died how would you work that out you think ?

Still, looks great but don't hold your breath.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 04:08 PM   #33
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Didn't Last Light ship with the no hud/ranger mode?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 12, 2017, 04:54 PM   #34
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
You didn't play Stalker?
I did, never completed it, didn't like it.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2017, 08:19 PM   #35
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

if it wasn't for the russian connection/themes/etc, STALKER and Metro have very little to do with each other.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2017, 08:21 PM   #36
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Trailer looks incredible, but scripted as hell.
there are a lot of cool scripted moments in the first one. being introduced to the large librarian monsters for the first time was FANTASTIC. scripted =/= bad, per se.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2017, 01:32 AM   #37
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Everyone, including (irresponsible?) game journalists, have been stating this game is open world, but I believe what the dev actually said was "non linear levels". Kinda like Crysis2/Crysis3 - fairly large size areas you can explore how you want yet you progress through the game in a fairly linear fashion, from one specific area to another. It looks like anyone who's thinking this is gonna be some kind of sprawling Elder Scrolls open world type game is going to be sorely disappointed.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2017, 02:16 AM   #38
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Everyone, including (irresponsible?) game journalists, have been stating this game is open world, but I believe what the dev actually said was "non linear levels". Kinda like Crysis2/Crysis3 - fairly large size areas you can explore how you want yet you progress through the game in a fairly linear fashion, from one specific area to another. It looks like anyone who's thinking this is gonna be some kind of sprawling Elder Scrolls open world type game is going to be sorely disappointed.
Thank you. Yes, this did not seem like open world at all and hence, my comment that let it be an FPS and not a stat management auto leveling enemy RPG nonsense.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2017, 04:02 AM   #39
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The non-linear approach I think works better, it keeps the interest there to move from section / map to section / map with at least a clue or objective. Too many of the open world games leaves you to roam without an idea thus people like KAC and me I'm afraid just lose interest.

I guess less funnelled approach giving the appearance of open world but steering you to the conclusion.

So, hope yet.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 04:07 AM   #40
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
The non-linear approach I think works better, it keeps the interest there to move from section / map to section / map with at least a clue or objective. Too many of the open world games leaves you to roam without an idea thus people like KAC and me I'm afraid just lose interest.

I guess less funnelled approach giving the appearance of open world but steering you to the conclusion.

So, hope yet.
Far Cry 1 nailed that approach and I hope that's what this is, else I'll be joining you and KAC losing interest.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 07:20 AM   #41
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
if it wasn't for the russian connection/themes/etc, STALKER and Metro have very little to do with each other.
Less important but both teams are from Ukraine, not Russia.

There are many similarities between two. As i already explained the key people are the same. Both games have similar setting, and two very similar elements are factions and this quasi-realistic design.
Linear Stalker would be exactly like Metro.
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2017, 08:28 AM   #42
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yeah, the settings actually share a lot of similarities. Both have radiation, mutants, weird anomalies. Metro obviously is placed in more of a city setting, and also (obviously) the metro, so it's not totally the same feeling/game play, but I can definitely see how the settings are similar.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2017, 08:44 AM   #43
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Didn't Last Light ship with the no hud/ranger mode?
Standard 2033 also comes with Ranger mode with no HUD and no crosshair. If it's slow paced like these two I would have no problem playing Exodus with no crosshair
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2017, 09:59 AM   #44
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:

So, hope yet.
I feel the same way. I am good with open world RPGs, but when it comes to FPS I want them to be linear experiences, but if the maps are open, and you go from map to map to map in a linear fashion then that is acceptable as well.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:03 AM   #45
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Playing through Metro 2033 in ranger hardcore mode with no crosshair was honestly one of the greatest fps gaming experiences of my life.

I never played the hardcore mode of LL because it was sold separately IIRC. Hopefully in this one they've included it in the base game.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:23 AM   #46
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Answers some of the questions here, cut down scenes, hud removed, QTE prompts removed, shortened overall scenes.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 02:42 PM   #47
methimpikehoses
transmigrator

methimpikehoses is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I felt they were similar in many ways, bob.

Old Jun 13, 2017, 05:56 PM   #48
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

So, hope yet.

Yeah I think Devs when making open worlds should sort of instance some parts of the game like the main missions. That way Devs can really focus on making and optimizing the game to play fun.

Basically if Metro has 20 main missions have 10-15 of them sort of locked into an area. You still have an open world to explore and do ****, but when its time to get story **** done, parts of the game can be done more cinematic.

I can't stand Ubi Softs open world **** anymore.... its the same damn thing with a different skin slapped onto it.

Of course this approach will cost much more money.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2017, 01:48 AM   #49
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I wonder if this will be 3D compatible. This will bring my 1080 to its knees.

Last edited by Megaman : Jun 14, 2017 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Grammar
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2017, 08:54 AM   #50
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Answers some of the questions here, cut down scenes, hud removed, QTE prompts removed, shortened overall scenes.
You have forget to mention the most important: the game will be Metro/Stalker combination, and that trailer is in-game.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 04:49 PM   #51
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So the description on Steam makes it sound like there will be actually very little underground metro in metro. Not sure how I feel about that.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2017, 04:58 PM   #52
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

And they know this how?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 05:48 PM   #53
mercs2007
Radeon HD 6870

mercs2007 once held a door open for a complete strangermercs2007 once held a door open for a complete strangermercs2007 once held a door open for a complete stranger

You people are too easily impressed and also gullible. You actually believe the gameplay graphics will be like that? How many times have we been fooled with graphics on E3 and when the final product comes out its not even close. I won't believe it till its on my pc and I am playing it myself.
mercs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2017, 05:54 PM   #54
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercs2007 View Post
You people are too easily impressed and also gullible. You actually believe the gameplay graphics will be like that? How many times have we been fooled with graphics on E3 and when the final product comes out its not even close. I won't believe it till its on my pc and I am playing it myself.
idiot
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2017, 06:28 PM   #55
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Did you play Last Light? It's an amazing looking game and I wouldn't be surprised if it looks the same. The bear stuff etc was scripted, but this was in game footage.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2017, 11:23 PM   #56
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
So the description on Steam makes it sound like there will be actually very little underground metro in metro. Not sure how I feel about that.
It's the reverse of the last two games, underground areas now need a massk to breath, and the outside air is clean to breath. Also, given the description of atyon and his team moving across the world to a new place, sounds like far more travel above ground.

Quote:
Metro is prolly one of the only games i would actually believe that footage for. Their other games already looked that goode, and apart from lower poly count, they still DO look that goode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Did you play Last Light? It's an amazing looking game and I wouldn't be surprised if it looks the same. The bear stuff etc was scripted, but this was in game footage.
Saying it was in game footage is almost meaningless now, the game's mercs is talking about all showed ingame footage as well, then proceeded to to downgrade massively for release. Even withcer three changed before release, though it was more of a style/sideways change then a downgrade.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2017, 04:46 AM   #57
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

That Witcher 3 version existed only in some short videos and sequences, and in edited photos. Developers never confirmed final game will look like that.

With Metro Exodus is different story because devs confirmed that this is in-game footage. They also said that this is ending of one level where you must escape with train, so that's why it's feels scripted.

There is still one year before release, so things can change in terms of graphics. But to me graphics is not important here. It can look like LL if you ask me.

Last edited by Ancient76 : Jun 15, 2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 09:15 AM   #58
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

WHAT?????

GRFX ARR EVRYTING!!!!!!
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:21 PM   #59
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Eh bro, i'd say Last Light already looks like that or at least damn close. There is no doubt that this is ingame footage. This aint Ubisoft we're talking about where they downgrade every single game.

Regardless, gameplay is more important. In this day and age i feel we've reached a point where graphics are pretty damn impressive everywhere you look, so its more about art style, design, sound, gameplay, physics, etc. to me at least.

Its 2017, as far as im concerned any game coming out will look good. Maybe its just me but I dont see how visuals can make a big leap and show us something we havent seen already. Some of these games look like CGI movies sometimes.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:39 PM   #60
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
Eh bro, i'd say Last Light already looks like that or at least damn close. There is no doubt that this is ingame footage. This aint Ubisoft we're talking about where they downgrade every single game.

Regardless, gameplay is more important. In this day and age i feel we've reached a point where graphics are pretty damn impressive everywhere you look, so its more about art style, design, sound, gameplay, physics, etc. to me at least.

Its 2017, as far as im concerned any game coming out will look good. Maybe its just me but I dont see how visuals can make a big leap and show us something we havent seen already. Some of these games look like CGI movies sometimes.

Yeah I agree for the most part.. I think HDR and 4k will help a bit but until a new generation of development happens.. we are at the stage of diminishing returns.

It will probably be some next gen console that comes out with new tech that PC's don't have in the distant future that will bring us to the next level of graphics.

I am seeing a lot of stylized games. Stylized is fine I just don't want 8/10 games all cartoony or retro.. or w/e. I guess thats how MS is delivering True 4K because they are releasing cartoony style games.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote