Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 15, 2019, 04:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Save Yourself!

Hello, I know your password is : (mypassword)

Your computer was infected with my malware, RAT (Remote Administration Tool), your browser wasn't updated / patched, in such case it's enough to just visit some website where my iframe is placed to get automatically infected, if you want to find out more - Google: "Drive-by exploit".

My malware gave me full access and control over your computer, meaning, I got access to all your accounts (see password above) and I can see everything on your screen, turn on your camera or microphone and you won't even notice about it.

I collected all your private data and I recorded you (through your webcam)!

After that I removed my malware to not leave any traces.

I can send the videos to all your contacts (email, social network), on the whole web, including the darknet where the very sick people are, I can publish absolutly everything I found on your computer!

Only you can prevent me from doing this and only I can help you out in this situation.

Transfer exactly 900$ with the current bitcoin (BTC) price to my bitcoin address.

It's a very good offer, compared to all that horrible **** that will happen if I publish everything!

You can easily buy bitcoin here: www.paxful.com , www.coingate.com , www.coinbase.com , or check for bitcoin ATM near you, or Google for other exchanger.
You can send the bitcoin directly to my address, or create your own wallet first here: www.login.blockchain.com/en/#/signup/ , then receive and send to mine.

My bitcoin address is: 14WqqoWch8bDkFYUtxP96qUgyEQxDZhsoZ

Copy and paste my address, it's (cAsE-sEnSEtiVE)

I give you 3 days time pay.

As I got access to this email account, I will know if this email has already been read.
If you get this email multiple times, it's to make sure that you read it, my mailer script is configured like this and after payment you can ignore it.
After receiving the payment, I will remove everything and you can life your live in peace like before.

Next time update your browser before browsing the web.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man, looks like Im F...….. I better pay or the web could get all my

Last edited by Nascar24 : Aug 15, 2019 at 04:51 PM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 04:51 PM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Oh wow! Is this legit?
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 04:51 PM   #3
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

next he's gonna ask to rob a bank then fight a stranger, look out... Black Mirror episode all over again...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 15, 2019, 04:58 PM   #4
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Bacon eggs and scam
Old Aug 15, 2019, 05:05 PM   #5
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Oh wow! Is this legit?
The password was legit from probably 6 months ago.

To bad I dont have a webcam.

I changed the password I believe when I found out that it was compromised somewhere.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 05:19 PM   #6
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 05:20 PM   #7
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Yeah, these are the new scam emails that have been making the rounds. I've gotten quite a few different ones over the past several months. All had older passwords or variations of them with an added character or two.

They're probably using credential databases from security breaches that happened eons ago. Even if you don't use the password they list anymore some people might get spooked enough to fall for it.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Corsair MP510 480GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 05:23 PM   #8
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
The password was legit from probably 6 months ago.

To bad I dont have a webcam.

I changed the password I believe when I found out that it was compromised somewhere.
how do you think they got your old password?

slimy bastards, I picture a pimple faced little fuker sitting in moms basement with nothing better to do... or a team of kids in china...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 05:27 PM   #9
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
how do you think they got your old password?

slimy bastards, I picture a pimple faced little fuker sitting in moms basement with nothing better to do... or a team of kids in china...
I just googled his exploit and it told me it was a scam Its just as figured, they are using hacked email passwords from who knows when. It seems everything on the web gets hacked as companies have crap all mis configured or not patched.

https://howtoremove.guide/remove-dri...exploit-email/
Old Aug 15, 2019, 06:56 PM   #10
Canesfan2020
Radeon Northern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I wish I got this email so I could troll

I haven't had a functioning pc in probably a year at least.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 07:47 PM   #11
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

this is like the call I got last week from my grandson arrested in Mexico and needs 2000 bucks

I told him he must be a miracle kid and can get himself out since I have no kids to have a grandson

bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 03:35 AM   #12
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

Got one too. I got the "lame" version without the "legit" password thingy, my email address was scavenged from a website hack in 2012 or something and probably made the rounds (the website hacked was last.fm according to ihavebeenpwnd).

A few years back I also got the fake tech support call from people claiming to be working for "Windows" requiring remote access to the computer to remove the virus. Ahah, sure guys.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 04:10 PM   #13
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

This is where unique passwords help, you can immediately nail down which site was compromised. I have some with a password that came from nexusmods which was hacked a long time ago.

Now I even use gmail aliases to nail down which sites sell my email address. Pretty easy to spot when a piece of spam comes in addressed to [email protected], easy to filter out as well, like fish in a barrel.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote