Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 6, 2020, 06:52 AM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

when a flight sim can make racing sim community get excited after seeing this, I'll try paris dakkar route on a cessna when the game is out.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:40 AM   #332
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Good heavens that's beautiful. I'm ordering a HOTAS right now.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:50 PM   #333
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That looks great.

If this game is downloading and loading scenery and textures on the fly, would you still want to install it on an SSD, with all the reads and writes? Or will 16GB of RAM handle that? Not sure these are even the right questions.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 7, 2020, 11:15 PM   #334
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So what exactly do you do in this game? Masturbate every time you fly by Burj Khalifa or Leaning Tower of Pisa? Wtf?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 11:41 PM   #335
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So what exactly do you do in this game? Masturbate every time you fly by Burj Khalifa or Leaning Tower of Pisa? Wtf?

You say that like that doesn't sound amazing.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:12 AM   #336
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
yes
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:19 AM   #337
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Go back playing generic HZD and CoD.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:52 AM   #338
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Not gonna lie, this looks awesome. I know it doesn't support VR on launch, but heard they're adding support down the track. I think I might finally get a VR set just for this. Can't wait.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 12:53 AM   #339
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Dude, what you do with the game is up to you.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 02:00 AM   #340
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Glad this is on game pass. Release date?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 02:21 AM   #341
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Do you know how to use google?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 02:43 AM   #342
KAC
That postcount though...

If I did I won’t be here at R3D.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 03:06 AM   #343
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Take a look at the animals in the game too, elephants look amazing and the animation spot on.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 09:01 AM   #344
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Looking at the videos, I see cars that pop in and out, hit an intersection and reverse direction, meh.... Needs to have full AI for all vehicles so you can follow virtual people around as you contemplate your empty life and masturbate.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 09:47 AM   #345
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It feels like this is just me, but "good looking," is not one of the things I'd describe this Flight Simulator as.

The pretty parts definitely look better than they used to, but the worst bits seem equally as bad as they did 20 years ago.

For example, the Nurburgring GP is basically a road. You'd think they'd be able to do some processing on that to turn it into a 3D model. Instead they're basically flying over a low resolution, flat texture.

It's like the good bits look good enough where the bad bits are just jarring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:

Last edited by metroidfox : Aug 8, 2020 at 09:55 AM.
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 09:51 AM   #346
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Some areas will look better than others and the graphics should only improve as the satellite imagery improves.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 09:59 AM   #347
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I really hope they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:21 AM   #348
KAC
That postcount though...

Can you kill animals by dropping a plane on them?
Can you take jets and shoot around civilian building?
Do buildings take proper damage when you ram a plane on them?
Old Aug 8, 2020, 11:26 AM   #349
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So I take you are buying this to Kill Animals Crashing and Kill All Civilians?
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2020, 04:41 AM   #350
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'd be happy to just fly pizzas after Death Stranding
Old Aug 10, 2020, 06:42 AM   #351
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
So I take you are buying this to Kill Animals Crashing and Kill All Civilians?
Hey I need to do proper simulation practice for the next main event
Old Aug 10, 2020, 11:44 AM   #352
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Please, do keep us posted!
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:48 AM   #353
Spencer
CA Driftwood

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

So for those playing the beta are the buildings and terrain detailed looking as you get close to them? Or does it look a bit blurred and lose clarity just like in all the previous versions? Now hold on I'm not asking for sharp details within 50 feet or so. Just when you're reasonably close at low altitudes I'd like to know if it looks fairly sharp.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:51 AM   #354
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
So for those playing the beta are the buildings and terrain detailed looking as you get close to them? Or does it look a bit blurred and lose clarity just like in all the previous versions? Now hold on I'm not asking for sharp details within 50 feet or so. Just when you're reasonably close at low altitudes I'd like to know if it looks fairly sharp.
Yep. In fact, you can land near any building, get out, walk into it, use the restroom, shake, wash your hands, grab some coffee, hop back in your plane and leave. The detail is amazing!
Old Aug 13, 2020, 10:52 AM   #355
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

Have you ever used 3D mode in Google Earth?

The buildings can show astonishing detail but they can also warp and distort. Photogrammetry can be a bit hit or miss.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 11:59 AM   #356
Spencer
CA Driftwood

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Yep. In fact, you can land near any building, get out, walk into it, use the restroom, shake, wash your hands, grab some coffee, hop back in your plane and leave. The detail is amazing!
I just googled if you can walk into the buildings and it didn't say you could do that, and so I was crushed. I guess I'm just stuck with HZD and RDR2.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:06 PM   #357
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Buildings look a bit generic when you get close:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79RhQwljiG4

Start from 9:30

I wish someone would just make a video of going down a street or road or something next to some buildings just to see how detailed they are. My guess it will be more detailed than prior but still look a bit "lifeless" except for vehicles that move like they're on rails.

Edit:

Also this one shows buildings are more detailed up close but still you get that "lifeless", "basic" feeling especially towards the landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B-iUqGoj3k
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:26 PM   #358
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Buildings look a bit generic when you get close:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79RhQwljiG4

Start from 9:30

I wish someone would just make a video of going down a street or road or something next to some buildings just to see how detailed they are. My guess it will be more detailed than prior but still look a bit "lifeless" except for vehicles that move like they're on rails.

Edit:

Also this one shows buildings are more detailed up close but still you get that "lifeless", "basic" feeling especially towards the landing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B-iUqGoj3k
Maybe in another twenty years when hardware catches up to lofty expectations, they'll get it right.
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2020, 12:55 PM   #359
Spencer
CA Driftwood

After seeing those videos I think I'll do fine with detail if I stay about 150 - 200 feet above the top of each building during my flybys. So that means the taller skyscrapers will be above me and looking plain but maybe I can plan routes to go over lower buildings then later go higher above the tallest buildings. Here's to another $90 and 150gb or whatever gb.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 01:00 PM   #360
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I noticed the same stuff as Exposed, but it's to be expected.

It looks amazing as long as you don't fly too low.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600