Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 15, 2017, 03:37 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Need to start streaming or something make some money off that ****!!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:05 PM   #32
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Man this game is LONG. I put 16 hours into it over this weekend. I have no life I know. I still have 4 chapters left. Crazy good horror game.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:16 PM   #33
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Megaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Really enjoyed the first one. Looking forward to this when I get the my PC going.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:42 PM   #34
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

im about to put 6 hrs in. still at the intro now
Old Oct 16, 2017, 09:56 AM   #35
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete stranger

6 hours and still in the intro?

Is this open world or something?

Edit -- nevermind i read your post wrong. Also looked up the playtime and it looks like it could take 25-30 hours to complete the game including side missions. Didn't even know it had side missions.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:36 AM   #36
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I loved the first game and happy to hear this one seems to be good too.

Going to play it for sure, just busy with other games so no time right now.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017, 05:40 PM   #37
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Megaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMegaman doesn't need no stinkin' badges

That’s a poor excuse meteor.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 07:46 PM   #38
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete strangerExposed once held a door open for a complete stranger

I only play one game at a time, I enjoy it better that way. I only have 2 hours of playtime each night. This means I can finish a linear shooter in just days or an open world sandbox like Skyrim/Fallout 4 in a month, but I get better enjoyment out of the game.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 08:47 PM   #39
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
6 hours and still in the intro?

Is this open world or something?

Edit -- nevermind i read your post wrong. Also looked up the playtime and it looks like it could take 25-30 hours to complete the game including side missions. Didn't even know it had side missions.
It's not a huge open world, there's two slightly medium sized city areas, don't think GTA or anything were talking quite small here to roam around in, about half the game is inside single large buildings or hellscapes, the game is excellent in my opinion I couldn't put it down. Things have really turned up in difficulty now though it's become quite hard to roam around as the enemies are powerful and numerous. I am playing on the medium difficulty.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 09:57 PM   #40
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

apparently this game sold really badly in uk retail, hopefully digital sales were better.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:41 PM   #41
Drexion
Radeon Southern Islands

Drexion is still being judged by the masses

Just uninstalled this after a few hours in. I loved everything about it, until I ran into the same issue that I did in MGSV:The Phantom Pain, which is "stealth" being a key part of the gameplay but it has no quicksave ability. Autosaves are too far apart at times, and having to replay entire areas gets old after a while, especially for stealthy gameplay which can be a long session of time without an autosave.

I only paid 35 bucks for this so I'm not too annoyed as I'll probably replay it in the future sometime, but from now on I'm no longer buying any stealth game that does not have quicksaves built in. My fault for not checking first.

Then again I said the same thing about MGSV, "I'll get back to it", but I never did. The thought of playing a game where stealth is mandatory at times, without some kind of quicksave feature, is just too annoying for me. Guess I might never get back to this, though I hope I do, I did enjoy it for the few hours I played.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:08 AM   #42
KAC
Vega lolwut? Bitch please

KAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Same reason why I stopped playing Stealth games. I don’t have time to replay long sessions since my time is at a premium.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:16 AM   #43
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Just uninstalled this after a few hours in. I loved everything about it, until I ran into the same issue that I did in MGSV:The Phantom Pain, which is "stealth" being a key part of the gameplay but it has no quicksave ability. Autosaves are too far apart at times, and having to replay entire areas gets old after a while, especially for stealthy gameplay which can be a long session of time without an autosave.

I only paid 35 bucks for this so I'm not too annoyed as I'll probably replay it in the future sometime, but from now on I'm no longer buying any stealth game that does not have quicksaves built in. My fault for not checking first.

Then again I said the same thing about MGSV, "I'll get back to it", but I never did. The thought of playing a game where stealth is mandatory at times, without some kind of quicksave feature, is just too annoying for me. Guess I might never get back to this, though I hope I do, I did enjoy it for the few hours I played.
Funny I thought the autosaves were extremely effective. I never had to spend more than a minute or two to get back to where I was. 75% of the time I was less than 30 seconds away from where I was. Shame really the game just keeps getting better and better too. Really wish I could get a cheat for more ****ing ammo though, I have a ton of these weapon upgrades and pouches for tons of ammo yet I have almost none all the damn time now in the final chapters. I can carry 300 rounds of assault rifle ammo yet I've only ever had 60 max, I can carry 30 sniper rounds yet they cost far too much to even waste my time with so on and so forth. Super lame. I just wanna shoot some ****.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:40 AM   #44
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
That’s a poor excuse meteor.
Yeah, I am full of excuses.

Thing is I have a busy life and what gaming time I get is given priority to retro gaming. Modern gaming is the sux. There are still the occasional awesome new games though that have a retro feel without the trappings of modern gaming that I still like to play, like the Souls series for example, and The Evil Within is definitely in that category too as it reminds me a lot of RE4. Definitely going to get it soon, but its a bit far down my list of the next games I will be playing.

You guys should know the best way to play new games is months after release when all patched up and discounted.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:33 AM   #45
Mangler
***ERN DAY PRESIDENTIAL

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Is the pc version bad?

Digital foundry makes it sound like you need to cap it to 30 to get a good experience in their video.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:36 AM   #46
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Is the pc version bad?

Digital foundry makes it sound like you need to cap it to 30 to get a good experience in their video.
I watched GGGmanlives' review and he said the game ran smooth at 60fps. He has a pretty high end PC though.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 03:12 PM   #47
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Is the pc version bad?

Been playing maxed out at 1440 with 0 issues. No cap on the frame rate.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 04:44 PM   #48
clerick
tfw

clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'clerick once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Finished it, had no problems with framerate at 1440p.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2017, 08:59 PM   #49
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

mynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymynakedrat2 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

its locked at 60 after the intro @1440p im happy with perf on this one. gonna play some more tonight!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:38 PM   #50
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

My 1080's can't handle this game at 4k resolution at Ultra. Well, in the 40's/30's, but I ain't used to console peasant framerates.

Not sure why SLI is not included, id tech engine is capable of it and other id engine games like Dishonored 2 support it.

Had to drop down to 1440p to get back to 60 fps at Ultra with the occasional dip.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 01:35 PM   #51
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

same results here b i am surprised how much the fps goes up on 1440p instead of 4k. i could squeeze about 50 on 4k when i turned options down, but no thanks!!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 01:02 AM   #52
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

Sweet! Can't wait to try later!

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/evil-w...erspective-pc/

First person like re7 wooty woot
Old Oct 23, 2017, 01:07 AM   #53
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Oct 23, 2017, 03:43 AM   #54
Evileh
Radeon Arctic Islands

Evileh can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEvileh can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEvileh can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

yeah it's cool but damn the textures really show how bad they are in this mode.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2017, 06:38 AM   #55
KAC
Vega lolwut? Bitch please

KAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I am trying to play the first one and honestly the game just sucks. Gay seems like he can’t move to save his life. Sneaking is so slow. Opening a door is an ordeal. Now I remembered why I stopped playing it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2017, 08:52 AM   #56
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Thats because you're gay and this game is for real men
Old Oct 23, 2017, 04:41 PM   #57
Megaman
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Thats because you're gay and this game is for real men
Hit the nail on the head.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 05:36 PM   #58
Jerm357
Rage3D Veteran

Jerm357 once held a door open for a complete strangerJerm357 once held a door open for a complete strangerJerm357 once held a door open for a complete strangerJerm357 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I've been playing the first one alot lately and I'm liking it. Now that I can run it at 1440p at 60fps, I have been having a way better experience with it than I did when I first tried to play it when it came out.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 08:39 PM   #59
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Hit the nail on the head.
Just messing with KAC, we all know he's metro as most console peasants are.

On a serious note, I am pleasantly surprised this game is not linear at all. I don't know how many "zones" there are but this feels more open world than 3rd person shooter. In fact I have dialogue options now? Did I download a mod for Skyrim?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:20 AM   #60
mynakedrat2
Bobcats gold weights

I know it's great!

That scene in the church really got me. Also scouting out between houses, watch those bushes!
I'm heading to the village Square now