Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:30 AM   #6031
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I think its retarded that the c4 gets to stay after the person is killed.
pretty sure that will be "fixed" in the upcoming patch. I will miss it
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 03:16 AM   #6032
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

hey have any of u had trouble logging into Origin? The BF3 server site says "update in progress", but why is Origin not working? i can't even run it, and i have other games on it besides BF3.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:31 AM   #6033
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

site was on maintenance it was said in the top page of BL
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:44 AM   #6034
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
also toss c4 on the ceiling instead of the floor, it sticks there and isn't so easy to destroy.
I like to booby trap flags with C4. Just plant 3 packs in different areas around the flag. Go off to capture the next flag. As soon as you see the flag start to be neutralized on the mini map, blow the C4. It's gotten me a few kills and saved a flag or two.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:09 AM   #6035
fivefeet8
Radeon R200

fivefeet8 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
pretty sure that will be "fixed" in the upcoming patch. I will miss it
Will they also be getting rid of the other items that stay after you get killed?
fivefeet8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 08:39 PM   #6036
RealyPssd
Rage3D Veteran

RealyPssd is still being judged by the masses

Too much lag to even play right now... teh wot ****.
RealyPssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:40 PM   #6037
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah, bitches rubber banding everywhere. With my pings (100-150) game has suddenly become unplayable. Was fine before...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:55 PM   #6038
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So, reformatted my machine last week and installed osme new hard drives.

Now BF3 won't save it's settings. cloud on/off, local settings or cloud. doesn't matter. They just do not save.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:10 PM   #6039
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

GiBro nice game in the TO.
Cheers.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:28 AM   #6040
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

ROFL so many faggots play this game. Was on a server that they refused to balance the teams, we were getting killed and my team maters were USELESS. I complained about their shittiness and my squad kicked me. So I basically ended up raping the opposing team and becoming first overall by far in the game despite that we lost. Chirped my team the entire time for how terribad they were. They were pretty irate as I was raking up the kills. Eventually got to switch to the stacked team because I had enough of it. Admin then boots me LOL

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...uest-B2K-Maps/

Worst server ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:29 AM   #6041
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I've been on that crap server before.
Morons, and the majority of the players there are terrible anyway.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:36 AM   #6042
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I've been on that crap server before.
Morons, and the majority of the players there are terrible anyway.
Yea I won't be going back. I was riding 3rd seat in a tank and locked onto a chopper. Tank driver blew his smoke thinking we were being targeted. I facepalmed. My team mates were **** and were giving me a hard time for saying they were **** while I was going 17-3 lol. Anyone else thinking of going there stay away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:40 AM   #6043
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yo dawg, I heard this game is dead...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:58 AM   #6044
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

No matter where you go, there are going to be retards that dont know how to play very well. What I tend to do is just play with people I know. If no one on my team knows what to do I just go rogue.. I may not win but I am going to get hell of a lot of kills.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:47 AM   #6045
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just played this game again last night after not touching it for about a month. For whatever reason it's A LOT of fun again.

Think I'll be playing again shortly...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:21 AM   #6046
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
The lag and rubbish hit detection is killing the game for me.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:27 AM   #6047
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX70 View Post
Just played this game again last night after not touching it for about a month. For whatever reason it's A LOT of fun again.

Think I'll be playing again shortly...
you've been waving those light sabers around too much i can't blame you, millions of people have lol.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:29 AM   #6048
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
ROFL so many faggots play this game. Was on a server that they refused to balance the teams, we were getting killed and my team maters were USELESS. I complained about their shittiness and my squad kicked me. So I basically ended up raping the opposing team and becoming first overall by far in the game despite that we lost. Chirped my team the entire time for how terribad they were. They were pretty irate as I was raking up the kills. Eventually got to switch to the stacked team because I had enough of it. Admin then boots me LOL

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...uest-B2K-Maps/

Worst server ever.
welcome to multiplayer gaming. this is your first mp game?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:09 AM   #6049
KAC
That postcount though...

I need to jump back into this game and bust some caps. Skyrim totally owned this game in the past month+...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:29 PM   #6050
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

at least this **** works for you guys.

nothing saves. campaign, settings, co-op, keybinds, kits.... nothing.

run as administrator, doesnt matter, doesn't care. doesnt read the settings in the folder, doesnt save to them, doesnt do ****, just launches with default settings, every single time.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:47 PM   #6051
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
at least this **** works for you guys.

nothing saves. campaign, settings, co-op, keybinds, kits.... nothing.

run as administrator, doesnt matter, doesn't care. doesnt read the settings in the folder, doesnt save to them, doesnt do ****, just launches with default settings, every single time.
Something must be screwy somewhere. Last time the game wouldn't save settings for me, it was that open beta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:48 PM   #6052
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
The lag and rubbish hit detection is killing the game for me.
Find another server. For whatever, we'll bounce around to 4 or 5 servers some nights. Until we find a good server.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:20 PM   #6053
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Something must be screwy somewhere. Last time the game wouldn't save settings for me, it was that open beta.
dunno, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, origin too. cleaned up my registry as well. nothing works.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:46 PM   #6054
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Haven't played avidly for over a month now. After the Karkand pack, my interest in the game tanked. This has had the shortest lifespan of any Battlefield game for me.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:22 PM   #6055
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Haven't played avidly for over a month now. After the Karkand pack, my interest in the game tanked. This has had the shortest lifespan of any Battlefield game for me.
+1..
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:55 AM   #6056
PowerK
Gamer

PowerK is still being judged by the masses

Agreed. I haven't touched this game for a few months now.
PowerK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:06 AM   #6057
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I've said it before but I'll say it again, BC2 was better than BF3 imo.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:12 AM   #6058
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

140hrs for me, could only manage 90hrs in BC2 before I stopped. Hard to say this will get me as many hours as bf2 and most certainly not as many as 2142 (300+) but I'd say it's been great value for me.

Also chubz, I thought you liked the B2K maps?

Last edited by nutcrackr : Feb 13, 2012 at 03:14 AM.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:19 AM   #6059
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I've said it before but I'll say it again, BC2 was better than BF3 imo.
I think BC2 made me feel more like part of a team than BF3 ever did. It seems like it became all about stats and KDR whoring and showing off on Battlelog. That's all some folks did was compare penis sizes on Battlelog and belittle others who posted on the forums by pointing out their poor stats and claiming they had no business discussing the game, period. And I won't lie, even I became that type of person more than once. It was more the type of environment Battlelog created than the type of person I am. When profiles are just a click away for every single person who posts and you're forced to stick with one soldier the entire time, stats become the name of the game. As a result of the hostile environment created by Battlelog which denied you any ounce of privacy as a player, Battlefield 3 lost something that the previous games had (or perhaps gained something they didn't). When someone blasted my ass in Battlefield 1942 or Vietnam, I didn't check their "profiles" after each round to compare stats. And when I posted on forums about my experiences and took part in debates, I didn't inspect the profiles of those I disagreed with to see if they played as well as I did or spent most of their time on foot or in vehicles -- and they didn't check mine, either, because we simply couldn't. And in my opinion, that was the way Battlefield should always have been.

Now don't get me wrong, Bad Company 2 and the titles that preceded it had their fair share of idiots who cared only about their own personal gains, but I felt like that was ramped up tenfold in Battlefield 3 to the point of stats being the focus of the game. I'll never forget the time on Tehran Highway when we were on the American team and a Recon-only player hopped inside our one and only tank, kept it up high on the hill where we spawned, and did nothing the entire round but shell the opposing team below. He wanted to kill, but have no chance of being killed so that his stats wouldn't be negatively affected. I know this not because of assumptions made about that one round -- everyone dicks around every once in a while -- but because I checked out his profile and my fears were confirmed. The mentality of most of Battlefield 3's players seemed to revolve around phrases like "I must have more kills than deaths!" and "I must unlock this item by playing for me and only me!" On the subject of unlocks, did those completely goof up the air combat for newcomers or what? You basically have to fly and get slaughtered a million times with helicopters and jets before you unlock worthy weaponry and stand a chance -- hence the reason I rarely flew after the beta when I realized just how suicidal it was. Can't it just be simple like it once was? No unlocks, no bullshit. Just helicopters and jets with effective arsenals for each and every player, regardless of his "level" or "unlocks."

And there's simply no excuse for having a UI that made even Bad Company 2's seem perfect in comparison, a commo-rose that to this day is there only for the sake of being there, a horrible mini-map that when enlarged helps none at all, and zero squad coordination with strangers thanks to lack of in-game VoIP. After such a long run of being thrown on terrible teams that I felt I had no connection with thanks to crippled communications and filled to the brim with individuals with no sense of strategy or teamwork, I guess I just got so sick of the game I haven't had a desire to play the Hell out of it ever since. I feel that with Battlefield's continuous direction towards persistent stats, profiles that can't be recreated or even erased, simple interfaces with fewer options than ever before, and even unlocks for weapons and vehicles, it's become a three-headed monster that I no longer recognize as the old "friend" I once spent so much time with. Battlefield has become Statsfield; and unless DICE gets their act together, it's just another franchise that is more or less dead to me now.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:19 AM   #6060
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
140hrs for me, could only manage 90hrs in BC2 before I stopped. Hard to say this will get me as many hours as bf2 and most certainly not as many as 2142 (300+) but I'd say it's been great value for me.

Also chubz, I thought you liked the B2K maps?
~750 hours in BC2 for me, ~45 for BF3 so far..