Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 20, 2021, 01:16 AM   #781
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Looking for some firsthand experience here. Is DLSS 2 better than native 4k?
4K native is a true 4k. DLSS is doing optimizations in the background that can, in some cases lower quality from 4K native. But DLSS can give excellent results and quality image at much better performance. No idea on your rig how much better or worse or if performance matters or not. If you can run native 4K + AA that might look better than DLSS Quality images. You'd have to try each and see how it performs and what you think looks best.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 03:52 AM   #782
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Started playing and everything maxed not DLSS has me at roughly 100fps most of the time so Im going to roll with that.

Kind of surprised how much HDR helps this game. It almost looks flat without it.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 04:44 AM   #783
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I will also restart playing this as I don’t have any other crap to punch through right now.
Will see how good HDR looks.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 20, 2021, 09:23 AM   #784
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Looking for some firsthand experience here. Is DLSS 2 better than native 4k?
For the FPS boost you get I'd say yes.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 10:41 AM   #785
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If you're getting satisfactory framerate without needing DLSS I would stick to native.

DLSS should only be used when you need that extra performance. Its a great feature but I don't believe it can look better than native res.

[disclaimer] However though, when I played through Death Stranding it was before I got an RTX card so I did not play with DLSS obviously. Take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 10:42 AM   #786
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
If you're getting satisfactory framerate without needing DLSS I would stick to native.

DLSS should only be used when you need that extra performance. Its a great feature but I don't believe it can look better than native res.
Ya, especially at 100FPS+ @ 4K.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 04:10 PM   #787
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

There are other reasons to use dlss if you can do native at 100+ fps still, and thats vram. Dlss should use less vram on your card, so you can use it for other things or if you have a card with piss poor available vram, like me and my 3070
Old Jan 20, 2021, 04:20 PM   #788
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
There are other reasons to use dlss if you can do native at 100+ fps still, and thats vram. Dlss should use less vram on your card, so you can use it for other things or if you have a card with piss poor available vram, like me and my 3070

8GB isnt enough? 4k doesnt even take up that much.

This sure is a pretty game btw.

Old Jan 20, 2021, 04:44 PM   #789
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
8GB isnt enough? 4k doesnt even take up that much.

This sure is a pretty game btw.
Game looks almost cinematic on my phone with Gforce now but the time I loaded it on the pc, the clarity of the monitor made it look a little less so. It’s the only game I’ve tried on the service so far that my initial impression was that it looked better on a phone screen.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 04:46 PM   #790
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Game looks almost cinematic on my phone with Gforce now but the time I loaded it on the pc, the clarity of the monitor made it look a little less so. It’s the only game I’ve tried on the service so far that my initial impression was that it looked better on a phone screen.

Probably got a nice OLED on your phone so those blacks really make the game pop I would imagine.

I am playing on an OLED on desktop so the game looks amazing. I have taken some screenshots of the game while playing and they dont seem to pop as much as I see it because HDR isnt captured in screenshots as far as I can tell.

Old Jan 20, 2021, 04:53 PM   #791
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Probably got a nice OLED on your phone so those blacks really make the game pop I would imagine.

I am playing on an OLED on desktop so the game looks amazing. I have taken some screenshots of the game while playing and they dont seem to pop as much as I see it because HDR isnt captured in screenshots as far as I can tell.
Playing on an IPhone 11. Monitor is an X27 which has much better IQ than my OLED E6. It’s just this game. But it does look great on both.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 04:55 PM   #792
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Playing on an IPhone 11. Monitor is an X27 which has much better IQ than my OLED E6. It’s just this game. But it does look great on both.

iPhone 11 is definitely oled. I cant imagine your x27 has better quality than youre oled.

Maybe the pixel density of the phone gives it that much oomph.

Old Jan 20, 2021, 05:33 PM   #793
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
iPhone 11 is definitely oled. I cant imagine your x27 has better quality than youre oled.

Maybe the pixel density of the phone gives it that much oomph.
The x27 destroys the OLED. Much better HDR, Color accuracy and while the blacks aren’t OLED level, they are insanely low due to the full array and active zones.

The game just looks better on the phone because it hides the flaws. At least that’s what I think is going on.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 06:56 PM   #794
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Once you guys get a feel for the game we really should setup Strand Contracts between R3D players. Creating a Strand Contract between players makes it more likely we can share equipment and structures. Otherwise, it is random. When I played on PS4 I didn’t know many other players and didn’t try this feature. It seems like a nice way to help out fellow R3D players:

https://www.gosunoob.com/death-stran...and-contracts/

Definitely add me if you can. I am trying to 5 star every outpost so I’ll be leaving a ton of stuff around.

PS. My Steam name is the same as my R3D user name.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 07:27 PM   #795
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Once you guys get a feel for the game we really should setup Strand Contracts between R3D players. Creating a Strand Contract between players makes it more likely we can share equipment and structures. Otherwise, it is random. When I played on PS4 I didn’t know many other players and didn’t try this feature. It seems like a nice way to help out fellow R3D players:

https://www.gosunoob.com/death-stran...and-contracts/

Definitely add me if you can. I am trying to 5 star every outpost so I’ll be leaving a ton of stuff around.

PS. My Steam name is the same as my R3D user name.

Ill do this when I get to the point in the story when I can. The few ladders and ropes I have seen laying around from people are very helpful from a new player.

Im not sure how much helpful I can be to you, but I can use anyones elses help

Old Jan 21, 2021, 02:15 AM   #796
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I researched trying to creating contracts with specific people. That research tells me it's nearly impossible. It doesn't work off your friends list on any platform, it'll be by incredible luck that you find another R3D member's structure randomly.

Last edited by eNforcer : Jan 23, 2021 at 01:38 AM.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 05:36 AM   #797
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Is there fast travel in this game. I seemed to have missed delivery #5 as I never went back and kept progressing forward. Would be a bitch to go back and restart that delivery. Tell me how it is?

Also there is a bike lying around with a dead battery. The dude says I need to find a guy to get the battery but I don’t see any mission for it? Is it a side mission that I have to do?

The latest mission I did was get 1 g of chyriliam and now I have deliveries 9 and 10 as upcoming missions. Also how often should I go to private room?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 06:02 AM   #798
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Fast travel comes in the 2nd region, and if you do it you can't take any items or resources with you.

You need to build a generator using a PCC to recharge the bike, if you don't have a PCC or the abilitiy to make one then it should come later as a delivery reward.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 06:05 AM   #799
KAC

I have a PCC. I thought that was to either build a watch tower or a bridge. Nobody told me I could build a generator. I am assuming I will be able to complete the deliveries even if I have missed them?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 08:58 AM   #800
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

You will always be able to go back and complete missed deliveries in previous regions.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:09 PM   #801
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I have a PCC. I thought that was to either build a watch tower or a bridge. Nobody told me I could build a generator. I am assuming I will be able to complete the deliveries even if I have missed them?
During the entire game deliveries unlock more and more. Just play the game. The one trick that you can miss is if your bike gets a lot of rain damage, take it down with you when you go to your private room and it will park in the garage and be repaired.

Also, do not try and blaze through a BT zone on any vehicle. Things go very bad.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:26 PM   #802
KAC

Ok this game requires lots of time to understand crap. Will keep going as I am still 30 mins away from finishing up my 3 hour courtesy bang.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:45 PM   #803
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

It does take a bit of time to understand everything but the good thing about it is at least for me I never had to resort to looking things up online to figure out. The game will teach you all the game mechanics simply by progressing through the story quests. Seems obtuse at first but its really designed very intuitively, the more you play the more you will understand it all.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:47 PM   #804
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Ok this game requires lots of time to understand crap. Will keep going as I am still 30 mins away from finishing up my 3 hour courtesy bang.
There is a lot first time through. I’d read a couple online guides if you are feeling overwhelmed. The game doesn’t let up on adding more and more. So, it’s always helpful to read some tips online. My advice is when things are confusing, look it up or ask here. Otherwise the game will beat you down pretty bad. It will take much longer than 3 hours for things to start becoming familiar so that’s unrealistic. You should at least stick with it a few missions after the intro level (where you are). You probably are about 30% done with intro level so it’ll take way more than 3 hours to get a good feel for the game. So many people do rage quite early because of not understanding the game. It’s a shame because the journey is worth the effort. The game does add more and more tools that actually make it easier and easier as you go. Just like that bike you’d love to jump on right now. The bridge, ladders, and rope you have now are just the start. There will be many of these types of perks added throughout the whole game. Kojima is such a prick sometimes because every aspect of the game he tries to reinvent game mechanics. So it is all unfamiliar to most gamers. That’s actually why I think it is a so great maybe even a masterpiece myself.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 12:50 PM   #805
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Just to be clear when I suggested to him to give the game 3 hours or so of a chance, I meant to see if he liked it. Not to understand everything. It definitely will take many more hours to understand all the mechanics, during which you will notice many things that are just like WTF is that all about. For me though that was one of the awesome things about the game that kept me wanting to play more.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 01:14 PM   #806
KAC

3 hour courtesy bang is something I do for all games to decide to continue or not.

I am ok with the game thus far. Not as impressed as others here. Game is good in being an original story and that has kept me pushing through a lot of games so that’s all fine.

From gameplay I am really not feeling it just yet. It is quite dull. Now I have my jizz that can mesmerize BTs. Not bad at all. I have known my jizz to mesmerize many bitch tits before so this should be fine as well.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 01:18 PM   #807
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I am ok with the game thus far. Not as impressed as others here. Game is good in being an original story and that has kept me pushing through a lot of games so that’s all fine.
That is actually more than I was expecting for you as to liking this game. Honestly thought you'd find it too weird and boring and quit before an hour into it.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 01:29 PM   #808
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

He's still on the tutorial map so he's hardly scratched the surface.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 06:48 PM   #809
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post

That is actually more than I was expecting for you as to liking this game. Honestly thought you'd find it too weird and boring and quit before an hour into it.
If you pay attention, you'll notice kac usually tries games 2 or 3 times before actually quitting them for goode. Most of the time he ends up liking them too, even after disliking them at the start.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 09:51 PM   #810
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah, i ain't paying that much attention.