Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 7, 2015, 08:09 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Elysian Tuned Aperture Guitar Pickups - *Patented*

Filed for my first patent today, figured I'd share it here since there are some musicians.

I've been working feverishly on this for the last couple of months. I've invented a variable aperture electromagnetic pickup bobbin, and have been working with a lawyer on filing the provisional patent. That's officially in today, so I can now share my work

This is the 4 different configurations that can be made with a humbucker.

Here are some bobbins on the CNC, before the tops are glued on:

And here are a bunch of bobbins/pickups I've made:

That last set went to a guy who is going to be doing clips and DI files for me.

Here's a general rundown of the configurations, basically how they work independent of winds or magnet type. Assume the low string is the left most pole, and the bridge is south of the pickup. This is also assuming bridge pickup.

1. This configuration is the first one I thought of when I came up with the invention. The wider part of the bobbin is under the high strings, giving them the highest volume and fullest tone, whille the narrowest part is under the wound strings, giving them a somewhat bright, focused attack. This configuration is fantastic for thrash metal.

2 & 3. These two configurations are similar with only minor nuances as differences. They're both great for modern metal and clean tones, as they give good bass and tight focus on the wound strings, great attack, and give very clear and full clean tones, almost piano-like.

4. This one is more like a Les Paul. The bass is emphasized, the wound strings are very full, thick, and ballsy. The high strings are still present and cut through the mix well, but aren't quite as full.

Once I get the recordings and DI files I'll be starting a Kickstarter, and with regards to that, the more shares the better. With the Kickstarter, I'm also going to mix in some rewards related to my actual guitar building business, but the main focus will be the pickups. I'm really excited about this, more excited than ever before.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 08:14 PM   #2
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

I have no idea what the hell most of what you said is; but you clearly know what you're talking about

Grats on the patent man! That's pretty f'n cool
Old Jan 7, 2015, 08:17 PM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post

Yep. Congrats!
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 7, 2015, 08:20 PM   #4
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
This.

That's pretty bad ass. I'll show this thread to a couple of my friends who are musicians, they may get a kick out of it.

Tried to rep you Elysian but the damn thing won't let me
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 08:43 PM   #5
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Heres hoping Gibson or some other outfit dont sue you into the stone age...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 08:50 PM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Heres hoping Gibson or some other outfit dont sue you into the stone age...
I've researched well over a thousand patents to make sure it wasn't done already
Old Jan 7, 2015, 08:56 PM   #7
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Good luck mang and hope we get to hear some new sounds out of it... why am I thinking of this as some kind of new fancy theremin device?...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 08:58 PM   #8
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I'm not really familiar with how pickups are built, but I think I have an idea of how they sense things... what role does the bobbin actually play?

Are you making the entire assembly into a coil, around the bobbin, so your patent effectively involves changing the distance between the pickup 'cores' and the windings of the magnet to change the pickup sensitivity for each string?

Is there such a thing as a pickup with a coil around every 'core' (whatever they're called), where you could achieve a similar sounding result using way too much equipment - an individual pickup for each string and an equalizer to tune the balance?

Just sort of trying to get my head around it... neat stuff though.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 09:04 PM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
I'm not really familiar with how pickups are built, but I think I have an idea of how they sense things... what role does the bobbin actually play?
The bobbin is the spool that the wire is wrapped around, and it also holds the metal pole pieces.

Quote:
Are you making the entire assembly into a coil, around the bobbin, so your patent effectively involves changing the distance between the pickup 'cores' and the windings of the magnet to change the pickup sensitivity for each string?
The asymmetrical shape allows for tuning how the strings get picked up across the entire pickup. Being able to flip it around allows the manufacturer or end user to also make this kind of change.

Quote:
Is there such a thing as a pickup with a coil around every 'core' (whatever they're called), where you could achieve a similar sounding result using way too much equipment - an individual pickup for each string and an equalizer to tune the balance?

Just sort of trying to get my head around it... neat stuff though.
Yes, those kinds of pickups exist, but they are complex and not very popular.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 09:47 PM   #10
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

So does each string has its own wound, or is the wound the whole pickup wide?

I was under the impression that each string had it's own wound so what
you put up there gives me a mind bender...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 09:50 PM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
So does each string has its own wound, or is the wound the whole pickup wide?

I was under the impression that each string had it's own wound so what
you put up there gives me a mind bender...
No, it's incredibly uncommon for a stringed instrument pickup to have a wind per string.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 09:52 PM   #12
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
No, it's incredibly uncommon for a stringed instrument pickup to have a wind per string.
Ah OK, so you are bringing the wind asymmetrically closer to either
low or high strings to fit the taste of the player...

Noice!

So B1 would be a jazz or rock guitarist while B4 would be a blues one
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:12 PM   #13
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Very cool. Does that mean you could make crazy sounding ones by using other convex shapes around them? like a big oval would lower sensitivity in the midrange, or a circular bobbin to mute the middle two strings?

Not really sure why you'd want it to sound that way.... but it's an interesting idea
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:29 PM   #14
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Really happy for you man, it's very awesome to see someone living their dream and being good at it! Nice job.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:59 PM   #15
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:21 PM   #16
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

Looks interesting. Do you have any sound clips recorded with those pickups that you could share?
lviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:31 PM   #17
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lviz View Post
Looks interesting. Do you have any sound clips recorded with those pickups that you could share?
No, I have a prototype set in the hands of a better player than myself, he's going to be making clips for me.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 04:25 AM   #18
vertual
Canopus Pure 3D

vertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete strangervertual once held a door open for a complete stranger

That's awesome! Good luck with this!

vertual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 06:28 AM   #19
Disemboweler
Radeon Evergreen

Disemboweler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDisemboweler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hmm... how much would you ask for a pair? I'm in SA.
Disemboweler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 06:45 AM   #20
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 08:13 AM   #21
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Awesome Elysian - I hope you clean up on this
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 08:20 AM   #22
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

This why we have\need IP rights law. Elysian may have a million dollar idea here.
Without laws to protect his IP a big company like Gibson could build similar products, market the hell out of them and squeeze Elysian out.

Nice job Elysian.
GSGRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:10 AM   #23
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Congratulations on the patent
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:35 AM   #24
MUTHA-Theresa
Dirty Peace Luvin Hippie

MUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled withMUTHA-Theresa is not someone to be trifled with

That's some wicked beauty craftsmanship Can't wait to hear it

Now. Fly, you fools! - efin
MUTHA-Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 01:00 PM   #25
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disemboweler View Post
Hmm... how much would you ask for a pair? I'm in SA.
For the Kickstarter I'll be doing special pricing. They're hand made pickups, so it takes a bit more work than your standard mass produced pickup, but I'm still trying to give them a good value. For a pair of humbuckers the price would be $250. I've still got to figure out what the price of other styles of pickups will be. I'm also already taking orders on these even though the Kickstarter isn't up yet.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 02:47 PM   #26
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

I thought Patent Pending meant you could still lose the Patent, no? Wouldn't it of been better to wait until it's accepted? Either way, I don't know much about guitars but certainly looks like some pretty HQ stuff.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 02:51 PM   #27
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

When are we going to see you on Shark Tank?
huskylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 03:08 PM   #28
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Hire her

huskylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 03:11 PM   #29
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I've been learning guitar for about a week now. Holy **** is it difficult.

My sister asked for Rocksmith 2014 for Christmas. Turns out she doesn't like it/finds it too hard (entitled generation loool) so I've been playing it about 30min-1hr per day going through some of my favorite tunes. I've been practicing songs as the Rhythm guitarist. Cemetary Gates by Pantera? Yeah.. 31% mastery. I'm a beast.

It's a blast and it's super rewarding. Honestly, if it wasn't for Rocksmith I wouldn't be learning. I'm feeling as if I might enjoy playing drums more (long line of drumming in my family) but it'd cost too much for a starter set and the noise is way more than anything I make on the guitar.

So the patent you're putting in is for the top of the neck where you tighten/loosen the strings, I'm assuming? What does your patent do that is different from the standard? I read your post and felt dazed and confused LOL.

I thought that starting to learn guitar at 21 would be a bit too old (psychologically in order to master something you want to start learning before 13) but I feel like I'm learning at a pretty quick pace. I'm just having a hard time with picking on the correct string without looking. That's what I've been trying to focus on for the past day or two.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2015, 04:31 PM   #30
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
I thought Patent Pending meant you could still lose the Patent, no? Wouldn't it of been better to wait until it's accepted? Either way, I don't know much about guitars but certainly looks like some pretty HQ stuff.
My lawyer told me I can now go public, so I am. Patents can be lost, but no one is going to steal it, I've got priority now since my provisional is in. The US switching to first-to-file ensures this. If I wasn't sure that it's not been patented already then I wouldn't have filed, but I've done a lot of research before coming to this point, and I'm fairly certain I will get my patent