Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking Discuss Radeon tweaking, modding, and overclocking practices. Want to post your benchmarks scores? This is the place!

Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:16 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Last edited by CurrentlyPissed : Jun 21, 2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:42 AM   #212
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzwild View Post
Couple of 6870's with a baby OC (960/1160) P8711.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1133345
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Yup, sounds about right. With everyday clocks I get 87-8800 with a pair of 6870's and a 2600k. With heavy overclocking I can break 9 grand.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:23 AM   #213
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

My 6870s are poor overclockers unfortunatly. Could only squeeze 945 core and 1150 memory out of them. Which is way below others. Oh well.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:37 AM   #214
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Mine go to around 980/1180, but that doesn't affect performance all that much. What really cranks my 3dmark score up is when I increase the overclock on my CPU.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:25 AM   #215
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What is the right score for the rig in my sidebar. It is clocked at 4 GHz and 6950 is operating as a 6970 and I got about 5675 or something score. Is that correct?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 06:15 AM   #216
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
What is the right score for the rig in my sidebar. It is clocked at 4 GHz and 6950 is operating as a 6970 and I got about 5675 or something score. Is that correct?
Yup, sounds about right. That's a nice score .
Old Jul 11, 2011, 04:30 PM   #217
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzwild View Post
Yup, sounds about right. That's a nice score .
Thanks. Hit P5722 w/ CPU at 4.5 GHz.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:15 AM   #218
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

What is your Gpu clocked at? I hit 6300 with GPU @950 and 4.6 on the CPU
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:19 AM   #219
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl66 View Post
What is your Gpu clocked at? I hit 6300 with GPU @950 and 4.6 on the CPU
Vanilla 6970 speeds. I have a ton of background programs running like AV, Steam, Sound manager, MSN etc. Do these degrade performance?
Also my memory is running at some random speeds that I am not sure about like 9 9 9 27 or something (or is it 5 5 5 27) @ 1600 Mhz
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:38 AM   #220
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

At 880 default clocks that would more than likely be the difference. Bump the clocks a bit and you'll break 6K.

I doubt background apps would have any noticeable impact with these procs. I would bet your ram is running 999. I dont think Ive seen a set of ddr3 ram that can pull off 555. Mine is running 777 21. Not sure how much of a difference that would make.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:56 AM   #221
KAC
That postcount though...

I see. Will do that. Also I think you are right they are running at default and I just looked up the specs; they are running at 9 9 9 27. Will pulling the timings down help with anything? I seriously doubt.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 09:21 AM   #222
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

RAM timings will gain you a lot of points, I gained over 1000 points going from 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 to 6-7-6-18. I was around 16k and got it up to 17.5k.

Give your CPU and GPU a boost and drop the RAM timings and you will break 6k np.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:35 PM   #223
KAC
That postcount though...

Will have to see if the timings remain stable but worth a shot I guess.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 04:55 PM   #224
KAC
That postcount though...

With my GFX card maxed out in Overdrive to 950/1450 and CPU clocked at 4.5 GHz I am pumping P6103 marks.

Broke 6K bitches. You were right demowhc. No change in memory timings just yet.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 03:48 AM   #225
KAC
That postcount though...

Last edited by KAC : Jul 15, 2011 at 03:50 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:06 PM   #226
KAC
That postcount though...

More stable.

Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:20 AM   #227
Salsoul
Radeon R200

Salsoul is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

hello,
Pretty new here, been reading info on this site for a while and decided to sign up.

Here are my benchmarks.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1560058 10K 3DMark 11

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3341077 30k 3Dmark vantage

My CPU stepping is very weak and does not oc very well its only barely stable @4ghz with 1.5v going through @57c so its not a 24/7 OC.

3.8Ghz is my 24/7 OC on 1.41v voltage. strange cpu
Im waiting for BD to release in Aug hoping I get a good OCer this time.

Kind regards

Last edited by Salsoul : Jul 28, 2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: update
Old Jul 29, 2011, 05:36 PM   #228
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
More stable.
KAC, so you can compare I get:

Graphics: 5712
Physics: 7385

This is with an EVGA 570 SC @ 850-1700-2000 using the 270.61 driver.

EDIT: Results with 280.19 driver

Graphics: 6263
Physics: 7449

2nd EDIT:

Vantage score is stupid high, P29477
Score: P6430

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Jul 29, 2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 06:07 AM   #229
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
KAC, so you can compare I get:

Graphics: 5712
Physics: 7385

This is with an EVGA 570 SC @ 850-1700-2000 using the 270.61 driver.

EDIT: Results with 280.19 driver

Graphics: 6263
Physics: 7449

2nd EDIT:

Vantage score is stupid high, P29477
Score: P6430
It is clear that nV is cheating in the new driver.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 04:18 PM   #230
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
What?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:03 AM   #231
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
What?
He kids.

yoz
Old Jul 31, 2011, 11:37 AM   #232
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
He kids.

"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Aug 20, 2011, 05:32 PM   #233
konjini
Radeon Northern Islands

konjini is still being judged by the masses

AMD Phenom II X4 810 @3705Mhz & msi r6950 twin frozr iii power edition @ 990 clock 5760 mem cat11.5

P4872
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1699400

Damn, next paycheck goes to a i7 upgrade
Old Aug 20, 2011, 06:04 PM   #234
konjini
Radeon Northern Islands

konjini is still being judged by the masses

P5185 switching to cat11.8 Allowing to clock at 1000 core and 1450x4=5800 memory
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1699564

Edit:
oow lol http://3dmark.com/search?resultTypeI...&chipsetId=639
Fastest in that cpu gpu combo muhaha
Gives him self a shoulder pet

Edit 2 now @ P5353 3DMarks:
Same setup, memory timing changed to 9 9 9 24 30 @ 760Mhz
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1699992
Have the feeling if i go higher I will have to dodge from flaying cpu parts 2.2Ghz is stock cpu speed.

Last edited by konjini : Aug 21, 2011 at 07:35 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 02:18 PM   #235
Salsoul
Radeon R200

Salsoul is still being judged by the masses

my latest offering.

Last edited by Salsoul : Aug 25, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 03:21 AM   #236
Reva4Jay

why oh why?

Old Aug 26, 2013, 06:59 AM   #237
KAC
That postcount though...

Latest score 19281. Aww yeah!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 03:11 PM   #238
steveocrossfire
hd 6990

steveocrossfire is still being judged by the masses

is that at max overclocks ?? about 3k higher then my dual 7970's get
Old Aug 26, 2013, 04:08 PM   #239
KAC
That postcount though...

Yes it is at max clocks with CPU at 4.5 Ghz. I get about 19724 with CPU at 4.8 Ghz.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:06 PM   #240
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

New rig all around except video card - almost 40% faster with the same 7850, though a slightly higher gpu clock this time

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/.../3dm11/7080955