Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:43 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Default slowly getting the ultimate emulation phone. (Note9)

This has been a project of mine for awhile, a mobile emulation station that I always have with me. The note 9 can pretty easily emulate every console up to and including the Wii, with the exception of the PS2/PS3/XBox as those emulators are either non-existant or generally bad for Android.

Using a USB-C dongle or USB-C to HDMI cord, you can hook it up to a TV, and use wired or wireless controllers with no problem, at 1080p. With 128GB base storage, and an SD Card slot...plenty of room for games.

Using a bluetooth controller like the Gamesir T1S which hold the phone makes this a hand held system:
https://www.amazon.com/GameSir-T1s-C.../dp/B06XBXHG41

Still configuring some parts of this, but it's been working pretty darn well.

For emulators, been playing with Retroarch, which is a horribly designed but wonderfully flexible app, which can support almost every emulator you would want. The exception being the Gamecube and Wii, for which we'll need Dolphin.

Then I used ARC Browser as a way to navigate all the games.
This video is pretty close to what I'm aiming to achive, I'm mostly there save for some filter effects:

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:31 PM   #2
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Amazing stuff! Looks like you've put in a ton of work getting everything working.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:38 PM   #3
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Looks awesome indeed .

I've got an N64 Emulator up and running on my Note 8, and in conjunction with my GameSir G4s controller, the experience has been very smooth.
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 8, 2019, 08:47 AM   #4
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

The part I'm really itching to try is proper multiplayer on the TV.
Two bluetooth controllers, HDMI out...just need someone to play a few rounds with.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old Jan 9, 2019, 01:15 PM   #5
somewon
Rage3D Veteran

somewon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
The part I'm really itching to try is proper multiplayer on the TV.
Two bluetooth controllers, HDMI out...just need someone to play a few rounds with.
Hmm..yeah, that would be really cool.
I've got my Note8 hooked up to the TV via HDMI -- no lag, works extremely well with the Bluetooth controller; haven't considered multiplayer though, would be interesting to see how that works out...so report back if you get it going!
somewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2019, 09:40 AM   #6
A2597
A Peculiar Person

So one of the best purchases I've made for this was a USB-C to Micro-USB 6 inch cable. It's about the perfect length to plug the phone into the controller while holstered by the controller. Zero input lag now, making old retro games MUCH better!

Quote: