Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:40 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
.nox
Meh

.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Broke my Nexus 4, about to buy new one

So I dropped it and it's beyond repair. I got 400$ cash in hand and I'm ready to get another Nexus 4.

Smart move or should I consider other options ? I hate Samsung's touchwiz layer, otherwise I would've gotten an S4..

Z10 I do not fully trust app wise and future wise...

Help.

I would tongue **** that ass so much, she wouldn't need to wipe it for a week.
-Megaman
.nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:12 PM   #2
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

z10 is a great phone, but it depends on what apps you use so make sure they are available. Note that many android apps can be side loaded but still not a perfect solution. Bro has a Nexus 4 and i really like it, seeing that youre familiar it might be best to stick with it. Personally i would always try to stick with a google phone, i just cant believe the wait times that other companies have with new OS releases. Frustrating as hell...

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Sep 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:20 PM   #3
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nexus 4.

You can't beat updates directly from Google, and not having wait for the manufacturer and carrier to push them to you.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by .nox View Post
So I dropped it and it's beyond repair. I got 400$ cash in hand and I'm ready to get another Nexus 4.

Smart move or should I consider other options ? I hate Samsung's touchwiz layer, otherwise I would've gotten an S4..

Z10 I do not fully trust app wise and future wise...

Help.
If you have a standby device, use it. Nexus 5 announcement is claimed to be coming soon
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:29 PM   #5
Grannus

Grannus is still being judged by the masses

Nexus 4 is already sold out by the way. If you can hold out wait for the nexus 5.
Grannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2013, 01:05 PM   #6
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

hold out for the nexus 5, the nexus 4 is sold out
Old Sep 27, 2013, 01:08 PM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Better hold off for the 5, cause you're not getting a 4 unless it's used, and no other Google edition phone is that inexpensive.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2013, 01:17 PM   #8
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Best Buy and Futureshop still sell the N4 here. You can buy it outright from Koodo (cell provider).

Best option, buy the N4 now. Hold onto it in case the N5 release is crap. Return it and buy the N5 if it's good.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2013, 01:49 PM   #9
.nox
Meh

.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges.nox doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I was gonna get my hands on a N4 from Virgin. I heard about the N5, but two months without a phone has been rough -- I don't wanna wait another 2 months.

I'll grab one tomorrow.

That being said, if the N5 is anything like the N4, it's gonna be incredible. I'd like for the build quality to feel more sturdy. Perhaps metallic compounds of some sorts for the frame/bezel. Better battery and a removable one at that, even better camera, better cpu, removable storage card...

****... How is the N5 lookin on paper ?

-Megaman
Old Sep 27, 2013, 01:49 PM   #10
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Nexus 5 should drop in October.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2013, 01:57 PM   #11
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Most of the rumors focus on the N5 having a top of the line SoC and being around 5" screen size. I would say expect the same build quality (LG style). If they improve the camera and battery life, keep the price low, I might get one.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 27, 2013, 01:58 PM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The other big rumor is the camera is supposed to be a big improvement.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 01:58 PM   #13
.nox
Meh

Ok ****k it, I'll wait for the N5.

-Megaman
Old Sep 27, 2013, 02:00 PM   #14
.nox
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Best option, buy the N4 now. Hold onto it in case the N5 release is crap. Return it and buy the N5 if it's good.
Thing is you can't return phones if you've used X amount of call time or own the phone for over a few weeks. None of this garantees me I'll even see the N5 whilst owning that N4.

-Megaman
Old Sep 27, 2013, 02:10 PM   #15
Zero
Sass hole

You can always reset the call time

N5 should be announced shortly, they might even launch on the 14th.

The only reason I said buy an N4 is that it's super cheap right now. We expect the N5 to be cheap but there's no guarantee it'll be as low as the N4 when it launched.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 27, 2013, 02:44 PM   #16
.nox
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
You can always reset the call time

N5 should be announced shortly, they might even launch on the 14th.

The only reason I said buy an N4 is that it's super cheap right now. We expect the N5 to be cheap but there's no guarantee it'll be as low as the N4 when it launched.
I thought they had some special way of finding out

You're right about the phone being cheap.

-Megaman
Old Sep 27, 2013, 03:14 PM   #17
dreamwalker
valar morghulis

dreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete strangerdreamwalker once held a door open for a complete stranger

My Galaxy Note 2 died on me and I'm on a Nexus 4 - I'm not sure what people are referring to when they hate Samsungs additional stuff, because in terms of useability and general speed, the Note 2 is leagues ahead.

I had to download random widgets to make sure I could get wifi/screen rotation enabled, whereas Samsung has this right at the top.

When it comes to devices with this much power you don't even notice any performance decreases due to this type of thing.

I do miss the stupid Note 2. I hate the virtual buttons, they take up precious screen real estate. I liked having a button at the bottom I could press to check if I have any messages on my status bar - with the Nexus 4 you have to press this awkward side button to wake the thing up.

I'd go S4 or Note 3.
dreamwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2013, 03:17 PM   #18
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwalker View Post
My Galaxy Note 2 died on me and I'm on a Nexus 4 - I'm not sure what people are referring to when they hate Samsungs additional stuff, because in terms of useability and general speed, the Note 2 is leagues ahead.

I had to download random widgets to make sure I could get wifi/screen rotation enabled, whereas Samsung has this right at the top.

When it comes to devices with this much power you don't even notice any performance decreases due to this type of thing.

I do miss the stupid Note 2. I hate the virtual buttons, they take up precious screen real estate. I liked having a button at the bottom I could press to check if I have any messages on my status bar - with the Nexus 4 you have to press this awkward side button to wake the thing up.

I'd go S4 or Note 3.
I feel the same way. I'm still on a Touchwiz based rom on my GS4 even though I could go to a Google edition rom at any time. Touchwiz may have sucked in the past but it's just not the case anymore.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 04:06 PM   #19
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't think you can buy a Nexus 4 anymore.

I'm waiting on what the N5 brings and my switch to that.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2013, 07:00 PM   #20
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

iphone 5s...

of course you'd need another 400 bux just to buy it outright....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2013, 07:30 AM   #21
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wait for nexus 5! Rumored to have a snapdragon 800 - will be superfast!
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote