Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:00 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
fellix_bg
Don't lettuce on me!

fellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshfellix_bg kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Engadget liveblog just called the graphics from some EA racing game "on par with current console gameplay graphics"
After seeing the demo on the live stream, I would say it's indeed at least on par with the consoles. On the other hand, racing games are the easiest way to showcase mind-blowing visuals on a cheap -- remember Gran Turismo on the first two PS consoles.

Life has more imagination than we carry in our dreams...
fellix_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:03 PM   #62
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Pricing is BS as always, 16GB $199 ok fine, but 32GB at $299 and 64GB at $399 given how cheap flash mem is these days?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:04 PM   #63
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Worlds thinnest phone? Isn't the droid razr 7.1mm?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:06 PM   #64
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Its just a taller, thinner iphone 4S with more powerfull innards and a new smaller connector.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:07 PM   #65
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
it should get the app support that wp7 was missing also like native code support. i think alot of app development was held back because WP7 was limited in the code compatibility department.
Yea, WP8 removes a barrier for developers but the market still isn't there in terms of install base. Will devs really invest in porting things over to WP8? Hard to say at this point. Even if they do, it won't happen overnight and you'll still be stuck using one generation of WP8 devices with an anemic ecosystem.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:08 PM   #66
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

hordaktheman is still being judged by the masses

I'm not terribly impressed. Nothing that makes me wanna upgrade my 4 anyway.

I hate that aspect ratio though. Seems like change for the sake of change.
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:09 PM   #67
slaWter
Radeon R700

slaWter is still being judged by the masses

Second wave here. But at least only a small 1 week delay...

Can't wait
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mid 2012 # Intel Core i7 2.7GHz # 16GB DDR3 1600MHz # nVidia 650M 1024MB # Samsung 830 768GB SATA 3.0 & 512GB USB 3.0 # 27" LED Cinema Display
Fileserver Intel Core i3 530 1.2GHz # 4GB DDR3 1333MHz # Intel X25-V G2 40GB, WDC Scorpio 250GB # 16TB RAID 6 + 24TB RAID 6 # Adaptec RAID 5405 w/ Chenbro CK12804 SAS Expander # Norco RPC 4220
slaWter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:13 PM   #68
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

My excitement from this is the cheaper 4S.

I'm ditching AT&T and joining my wife's plan on Verizon. FAR better coverage in my area.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:17 PM   #69
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Am i the only one who's not impressed
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19557497
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:17 PM   #70
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

So... when do pre-orders start? And will it be the kind of thing people HAVE TO camp out for?

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:18 PM   #71
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Well nothing here to sway me from WP7/8

Last 2 iPhone releases have been pretty lackluster I have to say.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:19 PM   #72
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Well nothing here to sway me from WP7/8

Last 2 iPhone releases have been pretty lackluster I have to say.
Might have something to do with the company no longer being run by a fanatical lunatic.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:21 PM   #73
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
So... when do pre-orders start? And will it be the kind of thing people HAVE TO camp out for?
friday
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:24 PM   #74
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

WTF!?!??! no LTE for europe!??!?!?!!?

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:24 PM   #75
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Camping out for a phone is so 2010...

Expect demand to be higher than supply for a while (artificial or not, doesn't matter). SO if you want one on launch day, yeah you'll need to camp out or being near the top of the list with your carrier's pre-orders.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:25 PM   #76
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
WTF!?!??! no LTE for europe!??!?!?!!?
Wasn't there some graphic that showed LTE carriers in Europ near the beginning?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:27 PM   #77
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Wasn't there some graphic that showed LTE carriers in Europ near the beginning?
it said HSDPA on them in europe

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

whats ****ing wrong with them!
How hard is it!

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood

Last edited by badboy : Sep 12, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:31 PM   #78
slaWter
Radeon R700

Well, an LTE subscription here would be $180/month. No big loss if it's indeed not supported
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Mid 2012 # Intel Core i7 2.7GHz # 16GB DDR3 1600MHz # nVidia 650M 1024MB # Samsung 830 768GB SATA 3.0 & 512GB USB 3.0 # 27" LED Cinema Display
Fileserver Intel Core i3 530 1.2GHz # 4GB DDR3 1333MHz # Intel X25-V G2 40GB, WDC Scorpio 250GB # 16TB RAID 6 + 24TB RAID 6 # Adaptec RAID 5405 w/ Chenbro CK12804 SAS Expander # Norco RPC 4220
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:33 PM   #79
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

omg the loop button on the itouch i thought it was a button turns out its for them to sell a stupid strap

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:33 PM   #80
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Well, an LTE subscription here would be $180/month. No big loss if it's indeed not supported
in sweden it's the same as a 3g subscription

- True Blood
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:36 PM   #81
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
it said HSDPA on them in europe

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

whats ****ing wrong with them!
How hard is it!
Engadget stated EE and Deutsch Telekom will get LTE. Dunno if that helps you though.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/a...d-verizon-lte/

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:39 PM   #82
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Quote:
Engadget stated EE and Deutsch Telekom will get LTE. Dunno if that helps you though.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/12/a...d-verizon-lte/
they maybe use the same frequencies as US.. most of europe dont, we have different frequencies

- True Blood
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:53 PM   #83
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Well bad news: My slight hope of seeing an iphone that will impress me totally shattered. Reading comments around webpages seems most people are meh.

Good news: My stock prices go up tmr.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:55 PM   #84
badboy
Merc with a mouth

http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

NO LTE

damn you apple!
you suck!

- True Blood
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:57 PM   #85
slaWter
Radeon R700

Quote:
in sweden it's the same as a 3g subscription
Nice!
We now have new full-flatrate subscriptions. You pay for the internet speed you want. From $55/month for 200kbit up to $180/month for 100Mbit LTE.
Ridiculous pricing for the speeds. Flatrate would be nice but if you want at least the basic 3G speeds, you have to pay $100/month. So I skip that, keep my old 3G subscription and get an unlocked iPhone without subscription instead
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:01 PM   #86
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Well there it is people... whatcha think?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:02 PM   #87
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Galaxy S3 is still top dog
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:05 PM   #88
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Wow, there's is absolutely no vision within management at Apple right now. I mean the phone? Okay, most new generation phones only have 1 or 2 extra new features, dual band wireless, new processor, evolvement of current features, okay. What runs on it.... eh... come on. My current 3GS will be slated to run iOS6... holy... schnikes. I have absolutely no reason to not switch to a Samsung Windows phone.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:06 PM   #89
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Well there it is people... whatcha think?[/IMG]
Still on the fence til more in-depth reviews come in.

How about you, this sway your purchasing decision in any direction?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:09 PM   #90
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Im totally at a loss about 4g.. it sucks alot.

And I cant change to any other phone because I would use 4g for the games in the app store and android or wp8 doesnt have the games.

- True Blood