Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default Rim cut 5000 more and delayed BB10

**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wow, I wonder if the delay is because of engineers jumping ship?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:21 PM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Is there anything RIM can do at this point to remain in business?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 28, 2012, 07:47 PM   #4
wrex
Radeon R700

wrex is still being judged by the masses

Move to China and make their own Blackberry knockoffs.
wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

They still have great products but sporting a Blackberry just isn't trendy any more.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:47 PM   #6
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Oh noes! Don't take away our RIM jobs!
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:55 PM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
They still have great products but sporting a Blackberry just isn't trendy any more.
they're short on "great" lately.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:39 PM   #8
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Great?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:57 PM   #9
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Great?
Yes, you don't have to have the highest end or most tech to be great. I measure great in productivity or a tool, not a toy or entertainment.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:59 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Yes, you don't have to have the highest end or most tech to be great. I measure great in productivity or a tool, not a toy or entertainment.
You measure great by however it justifies your BlackBerry...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:03 PM   #11
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Please elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Oh noes! Don't take away our RIM jobs!
*RIMshot*

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:16 PM   #12
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Please elaborate.
Mostly boils down to the Blackberry keyboard and trackpad. Like on a desktop, keyboard they being right there, not having to animate input much at all, and the dozens of keyboard shortcuts, makes my BB more efficient than any iPhone or Android I've used.

Again, I use my phone as a tool, not a toy or entertainment. BB is certainly not as good for that.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:27 PM   #13
Zero
Sass hole

lol ok I meant what productive things do you you do on your phone beyond email and light document editing (if that).

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Jun 29, 2012, 02:47 PM   #14
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Mostly boils down to the Blackberry keyboard and trackpad. Like on a desktop, keyboard they being right there, not having to animate input much at all, and the dozens of keyboard shortcuts, makes my BB more efficient than any iPhone or Android I've used.

Again, I use my phone as a tool, not a toy or entertainment. BB is certainly not as good for that.
Once you go smartphone, you never go back.

Thing is, the smartphone would need to provide equal usability to how you use the Blackberry.

I think businesses still remain with blackberry because of security that is lacking in Droid and IOS. WP8 with some of its focus on security may turn it to a compelling alternative (and also provide the typical smartphone toy stuff that blackberry lacks).
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2012, 08:01 PM   #15
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

More and more businesses are allowing for Android and iPhones to be used instead of requiring the use of blackberries. So that idea that blackberry has some type of hold on the business environment is already quickly eroding. So the delay is a fairly big deal.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:03 AM   #16
Rakeesh
PC is ze master race

Rakeesh is still being judged by the masses

I think people just don't like canadian smartphones; they're cold and they smell like fish.
Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 11:55 AM   #17
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

There's talk over RIM selling off assets and just focus on software and backend support. These guys blew it.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:00 PM   #18
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
I think people just don't like canadian smartphones; they're cold and they smell like fish.
Well theres your problem.

It should have smelled like maple syrup.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:01 PM   #19
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
There's talk over RIM selling off assets and just focus on software and backend support. These guys blew it.
So they're going all Sega on us because of how f***ed up they are?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 02:12 AM   #20
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
No there isn't. We've been hearing bullshit rumours for ages now. Company will be acquired, company will split, company will ditch phones, yadda yadda yadda. Everyone just needs to sit tight and wait until their new BB10 phones are unveiled. If they flop the company is finished, but they might pull a hail mary.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote