Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 4, 2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings

Default Google TV ..

Not sure if this belongs here (android) but just picked up a Logitech Revue for $99 at Best Buy and looking forward to Gingerbread and Android Market. Installed the Logitech Harmony App on my Moto Photon, still getting used to the whole Android thing (phone and GTV). Any peeps have TIPS/Hints/Sites/Links etc they want to share I am hungry for info.

(IF a Mod finds a better place for this feel free to move it)
Old Aug 4, 2011, 06:57 PM   #2
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

It seems like Google TV player like the Revue belongs either here or in the HDTV section. I guess keep it here for now because of the Google OS involved...
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:27 AM   #3
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by @md_Guy View Post
Not sure if this belongs here (android) but just picked up a Logitech Revue for $99 at Best Buy and looking forward to Gingerbread and Android Market. Installed the Logitech Harmony App on my Moto Photon, still getting used to the whole Android thing (phone and GTV). Any peeps have TIPS/Hints/Sites/Links etc they want to share I am hungry for info.

(IF a Mod finds a better place for this feel free to move it)
Gingerbread? How about Honeycomb?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/02/h...evue-only-the/

Quote:
Logitech Revue users are waking up to some exciting news today, because they can finally run Honeycomb on their TVs -- if they're brave enough to try. As expected, the folks over at GTVHacker have leaked their Android 3.1 beta update for the recently discounted set-top box, now available for download and flash without even requiring a root. You can find all the requisite details and downloads at the source link, though you'll have to register with the site to do so. It's also worth noting that the update is still in a buggy, beta phase of development, and that once you upgrade, you may not be able to go back. If you're willing to dance with danger, let us know how you fare.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:01 PM   #4
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
whoops yeah .. 3.1 iirc.. keep forgeting codename to revision/version numbering... figured 2.x was Froyo and 3.x would be Gingerbread. According to wiki, 2.0-2.1 = Eclair then 2.2 = Froyo, 2.3 = Gingerbread, 3.0-3.2 = Honeycomb, a bit odd but then again they could name it anything they want I suppose.

After playing around with the Revue some more, I'm getting used to the Keyboard though the Logitech Media Player is pretty limited, I hope that with the upcoming Market we'll see more support for file types as well as better network support (with less emphasis on WMP streaming).
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:46 AM   #5
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

couple of updates:

Flash (Shockwave) Player does tend to crash once a few days , nothing truly horrible. Give Chrome a bit to recover and should be fine.

Soft Reset = Ctrl-Alt-Del(Backspace)
Right Click = Fn+Click
Touch pad clicking (Enable) = Ctrl-Shift-Fn-PgUp (Ch/Pg UP)
Touch pad clicking (Enable) = Ctrl-Shift-Fn-PgDn (Ch/Pg DOWN)

Unable to use Google Cloud Print (need updated Chrome Browser). And I do like the two finger drag scrolling.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:48 AM   #6
L4dd
Trollable

L4dd is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by @md_Guy View Post
couple of updates:

Flash (Shockwave) Player does tend to crash once a few days , nothing truly horrible. Give Chrome a bit to recover and should be fine.
Flash does crash as you stated:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33980126