Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 6, 2011, 05:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings

Default Blasphemy .. I know but.. (W7P on Android)

I really wanted to get a W7P but the only ones Sprint have are sliders and the one I really liked was on AT&T but to buy outright is $699+Tx, ending up getting the HTC Evo 3D. I really REALLY like the W7P UI, its impo the best and most natural interface for my needs and was wondering if there is an Android "skin/theme" that one would recommend. Something where the home screen has big tiles that I can use to launch apps with/from and with Clock/Calender tiles. (And damn screen is super freaking sensitive)
Old Jul 6, 2011, 05:41 PM   #2
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Launcher 7 is a good start. There's a few apps skinned to be WP7 like as well (a whole Zune music interface one is floating around XDA).

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:38 PM   #3
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 6, 2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2011, 09:39 PM   #5
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Desktop Visualizer, https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

This is a little more work, but can be paired with launcher pro and the right images to create a similar feel.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2011, 02:00 PM   #6
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofslackerz View Post
Desktop Visualizer, https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

This is a little more work, but can be paired with launcher pro and the right images to create a similar feel.
Oh I like this.. combined with Fede Music player is a nice home screen. Now only have to figure a way to add a HTC style clock and realtime weather/map and I should be good for now.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 02:46 PM   #7
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Theres a ton of htc clocks on the market, im using go go weather with th htc widget theme
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:39 PM   #8
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i installed ubuntu on my lg 2x android.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:59 PM   #9
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

Just saw on one of the mobile sights that someone OC'd the EVO 3d's dual core to 1.8Ghz.. and here I am still trying to figure out how to toggle between Launcher 7 and HTC's Sense UI.

Still miss a few small things from iOS, like being able to control any media player while the screen is locked, most notably Pandora and Stitcher and MediaFly, I like being able to have quick, almost instant access to volume, skip, pause etc controls. Also when getting a text being able to click on the notification and it taking me immediately to that text.. but man on man do I love the customization and the voice commands and the dedicated photo button ;-).
Edit: was just at the Sprint store they had the mini-usb/hdmi to HDMI cable as well as the case for the EVO 3D.. but DAMN $50 for a case. No idea of the cameras are covered with Gorilla Glass like the front is.

BTW is there a screenshot key combo like iOS has ?

Last edited by @md_Guy : Jul 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM.
@md_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2011, 02:03 AM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
i installed ubuntu on my lg 2x android.
I've run Ubuntu in a chroot, it's pretty meh.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 02:09 AM   #11
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I've run Ubuntu in a chroot, it's pretty meh.
it is but seems cool.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2011, 07:10 AM   #12
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by @md_Guy View Post
Just saw on one of the mobile sights that someone OC'd the EVO 3d's dual core to 1.8Ghz.. and here I am still trying to figure out how to toggle between Launcher 7 and HTC's Sense UI.

Still miss a few small things from iOS, like being able to control any media player while the screen is locked, most notably Pandora and Stitcher and MediaFly, I like being able to have quick, almost instant access to volume, skip, pause etc controls. Also when getting a text being able to click on the notification and it taking me immediately to that text.. but man on man do I love the customization and the voice commands and the dedicated photo button ;-).
Edit: was just at the Sprint store they had the mini-usb/hdmi to HDMI cable as well as the case for the EVO 3D.. but DAMN $50 for a case. No idea of the cameras are covered with Gorilla Glass like the front is.

BTW is there a screenshot key combo like iOS has ?
you can install other media players that will let you control from the lock screen (winamp is one of them)
and you will need to root your phone for screenshots, its not supported by default, something im not very fond of
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:48 AM   #13
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
it is but seems cool.
One modder got Debian running natively on the Xoom, he's got a primitive dual boot setup using Clockwork mod, it's pretty nuts.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:52 AM   #14
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by @md_Guy View Post
I really wanted to get a W7P but the only ones Sprint have are sliders and the one I really liked was on AT&T but to buy outright is $699+Tx, ending up getting the HTC Evo 3D. I really REALLY like the W7P UI, its impo the best and most natural interface for my needs and was wondering if there is an Android "skin/theme" that one would recommend. Something where the home screen has big tiles that I can use to launch apps with/from and with Clock/Calender tiles. (And damn screen is super freaking sensitive)
This will get you started, but lots of Windows 7 related themes/apps in the market place.

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2011, 04:21 PM   #15
necropimp
666 Flavors

necropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird singsnecropimp knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
you can install other media players that will let you control from the lock screen (winamp is one of them)
and you will need to root your phone for screenshots, its not supported by default, something im not very fond of
You don't need to root the phone for screenshots you can use a PC and the sdk or you can try using shootme without root... it works on some unrooted phones
Old Jul 18, 2011, 09:10 AM   #16
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Thanks guys, Launcher 7 looks pretty slick. Is it really resemble W7P theme? I never seen or experience W7P before. But the theme is real nice
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote