Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:38 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL10000 View Post
Well, maybe there was more emphasis on the backend rather than the UI. Or maybe people/focus groups didn't like change? Is there even a UI group anymore?

Could be a myriad of reasons, including the one you mentioned.
Yes, there has been a lot of backend stuff, however, the UI guys need to step it up.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:06 PM   #32
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
Big misconception, there is no company called BlackBerry. I worked for RIM, quit in September to work with a startup.
So you had a RIM job? *instantrimshot*
So I come home and find my best friend in bed with my wife. I say, "Lenny, I have to; but you?" *instantrimshot*

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Have a good night and try the veal!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:51 PM   #33
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric View Post
So you had a RIM job? *instantrimshot*
So I come home and find my best friend in bed with my wife. I say, "Lenny, I have to; but you?" *instantrimshot*

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Have a good night and try the veal!
If I had a penny for everytime this jokes has been used, well you know the rest.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 1, 2010, 12:47 PM   #34
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

So can this new OS be used on most semi recent Blackberry's? Say like a 8530.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 01:57 PM   #35
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

I believe you cannot do that, but they did release a newer OS for other users. I'm still on a 9000 bold and this new OS has a very nice fresher feel to everything... probably to mimic the 9700 and newer.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 02:41 PM   #36
vitocorleone
Radeon Arctic Islands

vitocorleone is still being judged by the masses

I think the only Blackberry I only truly loved was the pager-style device with the thumbwheel - the form factor was pretty much perfect for thumbing in text input. Hardware design went downhill from there as it "evolved" - I remember how floppy the successors were as they were really tall and the keyboards were at the bottom and typing caused it to flop up and down in your hands. Network sucked, too. I remember performing a benchmark usability study of key tasks on that device and some others that wanted to compete with it back in... 1999 or so. No, I didn't work for RIM.

I had an 8530 for 2 years for another job as my main phone. It worked well as a phone and was good for email. Beyond that... not so much. The hardware was good. I miss hardware keys as I still suck at touch screen typing - probably because I've been using mobile devices for so long before this whole touch screen thing became popular And I even design apps for touch screen devices these days!
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:02 PM   #37
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i loved the keys on the bold 9000, i still cant get used to touch screen keyboards