Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default BlackBerry OS 6.0

Not bad, their finally catching up with times... lets hope it will be fluid and compatible for many models.

Details:
  • Updated GUI that extends the black OS 5 theme with new animations and transitions
  • New home screen
  • New Web browser based on Webkit, with multiple sessions and tabbed browsing
  • Multiple views in the UI for apps (such as All, Favorites, Media, Downloads)
  • New context-sensitive pop-up menus
  • Multi-touch, including pinch-to-zoom in Web browser and photos
  • Universal search
  • New app that will pull in feeds from both RSS and social media
  • New media player
  • Most of BlackBerry’s core apps redesigned for the new platform
Short video:
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I think i'm in love
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:47 PM   #3
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I can't tell if that ad was cheesy or good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 27, 2010, 03:51 PM   #4
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Isn't that UI a little.. you know.. ugly?
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:00 PM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Not even a little bit Looks awesome, I'm glad Blackberry is stepping it up
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:02 PM   #6
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Seems like all the GUI's are standardizing around the same look, function, feel. With all the noise about tens of thousands of apps for iphone and droid is the berry being left behind a bit? Or can we easily say that every major smartphone has more than enough apps for 99% of users out there? So if berry or pre (yet pre is going droid now it seems) has fewer apps does it mean most of us would really care? Other than games Im not sure it matters which phone you get.

I need to do some reading lol... any good links?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:02 PM   #7
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

It looks like crap and boring as hell

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:04 PM   #8
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

The new UI is not bad *hint* *hint* nudge nudge...

I have a lot of criticism for it but oh well. Also it's not as responsive as it is in the video.

Last edited by VVanks : Apr 27, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:05 PM   #9
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I hope my storm runs this well.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:08 PM   #10
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

It looks like crap and boring as hell
I agree, it does look a bit boring. Too bad they're not using my version
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:10 PM   #11
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
I agree, it does look a bit boring. Too bad they're not using my version
You work for blackberry?

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:07 PM   #12
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I couldnt watch the video, worst video idea ever to show off a phone GUI.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:15 PM   #13
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I couldnt watch the video, worst video idea ever to show off a phone GUI.
Well the video itself wasn't so bad, it was different - the music however.. ah.. opinions are opinions.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 06:19 PM   #14
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

I dont care for or even like the video, but it was the only thing i could find that showed the OS well enough.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:17 PM   #15
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

OMG. Cheesy video. If I hear that song one more time ...

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:19 PM   #16
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Black Eye Peas must be the best thing since sliced bread. Insanity.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:24 PM   #17
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
You have go to be kidding me????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzedsyRsJVQ&fmt=18

Last edited by MasterGoa : Apr 27, 2010 at 11:28 PM.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:31 PM   #18
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You work for blackberry?
Big misconception, there is no company called BlackBerry. I worked for RIM, quit in September to work with a startup.

Watch this video without sound, you'll be laughing. Also, the video is quite misleading. It shows a transparent UI, giving it a lot of life while making it completely useless on an experience side, while the actual UI is just on a black background. So not a great representation of what it is really like, it's really just to hype people up about the new UI. The real UI will be out soon so check those out.

All I gotta say is that the marketing department at RIM is such a big F-up.

Last edited by VVanks : Apr 27, 2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:41 PM   #19
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

New video has emerged... Still dont know if its enough when compared to apples latest offerings or Androids. Still looks promising, need to see it in the real.

Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:50 PM   #20
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
New video has emerged... Still dont know if its enough when compared to apples latest offerings or Androids. Still looks promising, need to see it in the real.

^

That actually looks nice. I like the "type in a message" and then hit the Text, Facebook, or Twitter icon at the top to send it. All this going in and out of apps is gettings nuts.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 01:43 PM   #21
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Still using menus for a touch screen phone. I'm going over to UI department and punching them.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 01:46 PM   #22
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Coming from a guy that was a blackberry user for 5 years I would just buy an iPhone. I did and I didn't look back.
switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:02 PM   #23
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
No.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:04 PM   #24
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
Ahahhahahahahahahahahahah!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 02:21 PM   #25
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Still using menus for a touch screen phone. I'm going over to UI department and punching them.
Well you have to look at the users that use black berry. Have to provide them a consistent feel they are already used to while moving them into next gen. My wife for example. SHE HATES touch screen phones. This would still allow her to continue to operate her black berry the way she traditionally does. Black berry caters to business users and they tend to be focused on work than flash. Don't get me wrong. There are some savy biz people.
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:06 PM   #26
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmt View Post
Well you have to look at the users that use black berry. Have to provide them a consistent feel they are already used to while moving them into next gen. My wife for example. SHE HATES touch screen phones. This would still allow her to continue to operate her black berry the way she traditionally does. Black berry caters to business users and they tend to be focused on work than flash. Don't get me wrong. There are some savy biz people.
Yes I know. I work in the Industrial Design department.

The UI department needs an overhaul. This UI is aimed for touch screen phones, and still uses menus for crying out loud.

They need 2 UIs, one optimized for touch screens and one optimized for keypad / jog wheel.

In 3 years they managed to update the icon set. Jeez, wtf are these people doing all day. Think about it this way, When I started they had the Pearl 9100 (the ancient Pearl) and the Curve 8100 (the ancient curve)

Since interning 3 years ago, our department pushed out 1 revision of the Pearl, 1 completely redesign of the Pearl, 1 revision of the Curve, 1 complete redesign of the Curve, 2 complete redesigns of the Bold (9700 and the CDMA Bold), 2 touch screen phones with completely revolutionary technologies (okay they didn't work so well but still revolutionary)

Not only that, each phone has a bout 6-10 colors, each phone has about 10~ different types of keypads.

In these 3 years, what did the UI department manage to do? Create a new theme for the BlackBerry OS, with absolutely no changes in usability. Now they've finally tweaked the usability a bit for touch screen users.

It's just annoying that's all. A bit of look at what goes on inside RIM.

Last edited by VVanks : Jul 14, 2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:30 PM   #27
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Yes I know. I work in the Industrial Design department.

The UI department needs an overhaul. This UI is aimed for touch screen phones, and still uses menus for crying out loud.

They need 2 UIs, one optimized for touch screens and one optimized for keypad / jog wheel.

In 3 years they managed to update the icon set. Jeez, wtf are these people doing all day. Think about it this way, When I started they had the Pearl 9100 (the ancient Pearl) and the Curve 8100 (the ancient curve)

Since interning 3 years ago, our department pushed out 1 revision of the Pearl, 1 completely redesign of the Pearl, 1 revision of the Curve, 1 complete redesign of the Curve, 2 complete redesigns of the Bold (9700 and the CDMA Bold), 2 touch screen phones with completely revolutionary technologies (okay they didn't work so well but still revolutionary)

Not only that, each phone has a bout 6-10 colors, each phone has about 10~ different types of keypads.

In these 3 years, what did the UI department manage to do? Create a new theme for the BlackBerry OS, with absolutely no changes in usability. Now they've finally tweaked the usability a bit for touch screen users.

It's just annoying that's all. A bit of look at what goes on inside RIM.
Ah! Well that explains it. Still my favorite phone. Battery life is amazing compared to others.
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:26 PM   #28
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
In 3 years they managed to update the icon set. Jeez, wtf are these people doing all day.
Well, maybe there was more emphasis on the backend rather than the UI. Or maybe people/focus groups didn't like change? Is there even a UI group anymore?

Could be a myriad of reasons, including the one you mentioned.

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:45 PM   #29
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought it look quite good myself. But then again Im not some 1337 Hero that has to have it all etc.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:10 PM   #30
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I started using the 7290 back in the jog wheel days. To me that was the best of everything. You could hold the phone in one hand and navigate while your other hand was free to do whatever.

My second phone was a 8320 Curve. This had the trackball and offered a better screen. Unfortunately it did not have enough memory which made it suck.

My third phone was a 9700 Bold. I have it now and think the trackpad was a good move. So is the addition of a higher resolution screen and like 3 times or more memory. Unfortunately I think they have an engineering issue with it. Seems the phone drops calls, takes up to 3 minutes to make a call or will not answer incoming calls. This only happens 6 to 10 times a day and not on every call so the phone can be used somewhat. Now if you turn OFF WiFi AND 3G the phone is flawless but you have to turn both off. I've tried new sim cards, new phone etc it just has an issue. I'm so disappointed because my carrier has no other Blackberry phones in the same class so tomorrow they are going to work out giving me a Galaxy S phone. I love Password Keeper, it's simple and sweet. Now I have to move to KeyPass and manually copy down my dozens of passwords and import them into KeyPass... lose all my apps I bought for the Blackberry and now learn a new OS. I wish RIM had not ****ed a good thing up, but if a phone cannot be a phone it's worthless regardless what flashy GUI is running on it.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote