Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 11, 2015, 03:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default Nexus 5 - Running out of space

Not sure why or how but im 95% full, as per data g+ is taking up 7GB of space then photos are next around 300mb. Is G+ supposed to be that high?? Ddrive and photos are not being backed up, there's only 200mb or so via web and bin has been cleared.

Ive always been running around 85% but over the past few weeks its been hovering around 93-97% for no reason. Hell, ive deleted a crap load of apps and and pics/vids and it hardly makes any dent in the #. No music is being stored... so odd. Ive cleared the cache partition but i have yet to do a full reset. Id rather not to but I have yet to do once since getting the phone when it first came out. Tho after each update i do clear the cache.

Any suggestions? Should I go ahead and do the wipe? Whats the best way to save SMS history or does that automatically happen now?

Cheers
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2015, 03:54 PM   #2
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

Check out this app, it's my favorite for this sort of issue.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2015, 04:29 PM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

What happens if you delete g+ and reinstall it? 7gb seems completely unreasonable

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 11, 2015, 04:52 PM   #4
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
Check out this app, it's my favorite for this sort of issue.
Thanks, ill check it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
What happens if you delete g+ and reinstall it? 7gb seems completely unreasonable
Right? I read that 2-3gb is about the running average. I was thinking about that but wasnt sure if that was going to mess up anything as im always thinking that its built into with the android system.

I know I already mentioned it, but does the txt/sms history port over after a reset or do i need to run an app first? 98% of the people are in my contacts, but I cant afford to lose some of the history. I guess I can use an backup app, but id rather use whatever is built into android/Google.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 05:04 PM   #5
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Thanks Zero, I went ahead and uninstalled and then reinstalled it and im back down to about 35% usage now... which makes MUCH more sense. I guess over the yrs and OS updates it may have been doubling on its self.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 05:40 PM   #6
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Any issue preserving your messaging history?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2015, 06:04 PM   #7
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post

Any issue preserving your messaging history?
Sorry I reinstalled G+ alone... nothing happened to my messages seeing that im using Googles Messenger.