Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 2, 2015, 05:00 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default Google Hangouts Question (sms)

So for the ones who are using an pure google phone, hangouts is our default sms client. No prob. But for some reason after a reboot today all sms "history" dating back to weds last week are gone. If i go into a specific person who i txt'd yesterday or this AM, its correctly date stamped but still not showing up in recent history. Any idea what happen or is happening? Tried rebooting a few times, still no go. If i txt a person now it puts the history back to normal for that specific user. All msgs from others are still not showing up in history unless it was pre last weds.

Sorry if this sounds confusing
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2015, 05:27 PM   #2
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

If I use Googles Messenger, everything is dated properly. Damn it google, stream line sh*t like this better!!

FYI Google messenger is better for sms... didnt know this. Sigh.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 06:08 PM   #3
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Cannot stand Hangouts SMS and, with Messenger getting more air play, I think Google agrees that this merging trend is not good. I'm amazed that Google manages to do some things so poorly.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 2, 2015, 06:14 PM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

My Hangouts is working fine .. I have texts dating as far back as May 19th 2014 on my phone with people I haven't spoken to since then. Still logged in my history.

Thanks for suggesting Google Messenger though. I switched over to Google Hangouts a while back since the standard Messenger app on the Samsung GS3 was slow and shitty. I've used Google Hangouts for SMS for a while but if Messenger is better I'll give it a shot.

Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2015, 06:26 PM   #5
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Cannot stand Hangouts SMS and, with Messenger getting more air play, I think Google agrees that this merging trend is not good. I'm amazed that Google manages to do some things so poorly.
Its baffling, I like A LOT of what they do but somethings just are They need to clean up a lot of this. I guess this is what happens when you have your hands on too much, i dunno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
My Hangouts is working fine .. I have texts dating as far back as May 19th 2014 on my phone with people I haven't spoken to since then. Still logged in my history.

Thanks for suggesting Google Messenger though. I switched over to Google Hangouts a while back since the standard Messenger app on the Samsung GS3 was slow and shitty. I've used Google Hangouts for SMS for a while but if Messenger is better I'll give it a shot.

Same, ive been using it since i got my nx5, but today after i rebooted it went awol... the history that is. If i go into a msg from yesterday its dated correctly but just not showing in history. Odd...

But yeah im really dign messenger, so much nicer.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 08:31 AM   #6
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Hangouts is the biggest POS... I had a GV message from Sunday and neither the phone or the Hangouts browser plug-in felt it necessary to inform me. The app frequently crashes on my Nexus and it burns insane CPU when using Hangouts Dialer.

What really ticks me off is that unlike Google Voice, there's no way to quickly check/respond to messages through a web browser. You have to use Chrome, and you have to install the Chrome extension, and you have to keep the browser open, and you have to stay signed in with the correct account.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2015, 08:54 AM   #7
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks like there's a ton of issues with Messenger.

My hangouts is still working fine so I'll just stick to that, I guess. I don't really have any crashing issues either. However, my GS3 is still on 4.0.4 version of Android so it's outdated as hell, so who knows. My phone refuses to update through OTA.

The only issue I have with Hangouts is that it seems to get bogged down sometimes and gets a tad slow every now and then. At the same time, my phone is **** so that's probably part of the issue too.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 09:58 AM   #8
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I haven't tried Messenger yet, still using Google Voice for SMS. I made a switch to Hangouts for awhile, but it was clunky beyond belief. What are the Messenger issues?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:08 AM   #9
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Take a peek at the app on the playstore and scroll through it. Out of the 15 reviews I looked at, it was all people with complaints
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:25 AM   #10
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Well you'll all prolly love this then; http://www.neowin.net/news/google-is...s-and-hangouts

Google+ was never the popular kid in school, and it looks like Google is finally ready to give up on the project and break it apart into services that people might actually want to use.

After a few rumors came forth, mainly thanks to an interview with Sundar Pichai, it’s now official: Google+ will be broken up into services. The confirmation came from Bradley Horowitz who announced he’s now the head of Photos and Streams, two elements of G+ that have now been spun off.

Interestingly enough, Pichai mentioned in his interview that Stream, Photos and Hangouts were each seen as individual powerful products. So far we haven’t heard what Google plans to do with Hangouts, arguably one of the more popular aspects of G+, but we’re sure that the product is here to stay, perhaps in some integrated way with YouTube.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:36 AM   #11
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Hangouts is great honestly. I rarely have issues with it. I think splitting Google+ is a great idea, though. Breaking into the social media market with Google+ was a little too ambitious, imo, and I don't think people liked having so many things linked to each other - I know I didn't like Google+ interacting with my youtube. Google Hangouts has a lot of potential, and if it sees individual attention it could an even better app than it is now.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:09 PM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I didn't even know about Google Messenger, but I installed it this morning and it fixed ALL the issues I was having with Hangouts. Damnit Google.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:51 PM   #13
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Yeah same Nunz, been using hangouts since day 1 and its been great so far... but since the little hiccup and changing over to G.messenger i think this is better platform over all. Seems quicker and more stable, let alone the visual/material design is a great welcome. Havent had any issues with it and ive been using it like crazy since yesterday. Lets see if this keeps up after using it for some time.

But yes, Google needs to clean up and organize this echo system. This is when some other vendors gui is welcomed. They seemed more polished in many areas.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 09:29 AM   #14
Lupine
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
But yes, Google needs to clean up and organize this echo system. This is when some other vendors gui is welcomed. They seemed more polished in many areas.
Considering how slowly Google is to respond sometimes, echo system is a pretty apt description!
Old Mar 4, 2015, 01:20 PM   #15
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I still use Messages... because it doesn't call home like Messenger or Hangouts.

Google is certainly trying to be rid of it though, and wouldn't be surprised if we aren't forced to move onto the live version shortly enough.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2015, 01:37 PM   #16
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I've been using hangouts. Its been randomly not sending picture messages sometimes. Very odd. That was on a custom rom. I got a better plan with another provider and got a "free" samsung galaxy LTE (Avant in the states) I haven't tried since getting this phone. Waiting for them to port over my number.
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote