Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 23, 2013, 07:35 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Default What is this and how do I delete it? (Android app)

this showed up yesterday. I thought it might have come with a game (Pool Bar HD being installed around the same time, along with Angry Birds, and Fruit Ninja).

I can't uninstall it. If I do it crashes the launcher, and then reboots into the last launched app.
if I click it, it opens the web browser to a page full of ads for games.
it does not show up in my apps screen, or in settings.
I've run virus and malware scans, it never registers.
I've used apps dedicated to deleting apps...no luck.

How Do I Get rid of it?!

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 08:45 AM   #2
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Nuke and pave
Old May 24, 2013, 06:14 PM   #3
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Force stop then uninstall. If your rooted, then use titanium backup

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 25, 2013, 09:42 AM   #4
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Am rooted.
Didn't show up in task list, so can't force stop.
Didn't show up in applications folder.

Somewhere, between running an antivirus and rebooting it finally let me delete it without crashing the launcher. Thanks guys!

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.

Quote:
Old May 25, 2013, 03:02 PM   #5
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Folks complain about Apple's stringent app approval standards, but stuff like this sucks. Google needs to get better at that. Unacceptable.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 07:22 PM   #6
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

We don't even know where he got it from. Are you the new Raz?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 09:06 PM   #7
kingofslackerz
busy doing nothin

kingofslackerz is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
Folks complain about Apple's stringent app approval standards, but stuff like this sucks. Google needs to get better at that. Unacceptable.
Let's overact a little more...

So, can you see it in titanium backup? If you press and hold the icon, depending on your rom, some times you can go directly to App info from there to uninstall.

If you do get to the point you can uninstall:

Force Stop
Clear Cache
Clear Data
Then Uninstall
Reboot to recovery, Wipe Dalvik and Cache

App's data can still cause issues if not wiped before uninstalling.
kingofslackerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 09:33 AM   #8
A2597
A Peculiar Person

as far as I can tell, it was a web shortcut, not a full app. SOMETHING was adding it though. Also curious why deleting it crashing the launcher.

Either way, gone now. I may have neglected to clear app data / cache before uninstalling an app though.

Quote: