Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Aug 15, 2011, 06:04 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default Viewsonic Dual OS Tablet (Win7 & Adroid)

Sounds kind of interesting; appreciate that some are willing to expirement. I wonder if Android can go 3.0+. I wonder how the hardware will fare once you start pushing it.

The ViewSonic ViewPad 10 10.1"; Wi-Fi, Bluetooth dual OS tablet supports both Windows and Android operating systems. It's your choice for the best mobile entertainment and productivity tools. ViewPad 10 is packed with rich features including capacitive multi-touch 1024x600 LCD screen, high performance Intel Pine Trail processor, integrated DDR3 2GB SDRAM and up to 32GB SSD storage capacity, 1.3 megapixel webcam and full connectivity including a mini VGA port and Micro SD slot. With compact and lighter design to carry than a laptop, ViewPad 10 is ideally designed to view Flash-based content and Office programs with Windows, and for the best mobile entertainment experience with Android.

Key Features:

Full networking capabilities with WiFi and 802.11b/g/n Bluetooth + EDR
Built-in e-reader and mobile applications for Android operating system, with Adobe Flash support in Microsoft Windows 7
High-resolution 1024X600 screen with a high-quality capacitive multi-touch panel
Expandable storage capacity up to 32GB with micro SD card
Full connectivity with 2 USB ports, mini VGA port & micro SD slot
Enhanced productivity with the Documents-to-Go app to review and edit office documents anywhere your business takes you
Enjoy eBooks, videos, photos, games and apps for full entertainment on the go
Slim, ergonomic and lightweight design, weighing in at under 2lbs. and measuring 0.57 inches thick

Specs:
Type 10.1" LCD Capacitive multi-touch screen with LED backlight
Resolution 1024x600
Brightness 220 cd/m2 (NITS)
Contrast Ratio 700:1
Wireless Connectivity Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
DIMENSIONS (WxHxD)
Physical 10.8" x 6.7" x 0.57" (WxHxD) (275mm x 170mm x 16.5mm)
Packaging 12.9" x 8.8" x 0.28" (WxHxD) (326mm x 224mm x 72mm)
Net 1.93 lb. (0.875 kg)
Gross 3.75 lb. (1.7 kg)
PACKAGE CONTENTS
ViewPad 10, power cord, Quick Start Guide, User Guide, CD System Recovery for Windows Driver, CD System Recovery for Android
1-year limited warranty on parts and labor
1.3 megapixel camera (front)
CORE
CPU Processor Type Intel Pine Trail N455 1.66GHz
Chipset Mobile NM10 Express
VPAD10_AHUS_05: 2GB DDR3, 16GB SSD VPAD10_APUS_05: 2GB DDR3, 32GB SSD
3.5mm audio jack for stereo headset, 2 USB 2.0 ports, mini VGA port, Micro SD card slot
Types G-Sensor
Type Li-ion, 3200mah
Life 4 hrs (approx)

Source

**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

I don't have high hopes for Win7 running that well on it, or at least not for very good battery life.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:09 AM   #3
BBA
GTX 570 SC+ATi GPU

BBA is still being judged by the masses

Looks like I can finally have a low cost tablet for tuning cars. All I for that need is windows and a USB port.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:13 AM   #4
BBA
GTX 570 SC+ATi GPU

BBA is still being judged by the masses

ALso...think of how much simpler it will be to use this mounted in a car: Windows supports all types of sound cards and tuners and some decent ones are available with USB connections. Would be perfect to replace my current navigation head unit with, just add a slot loading DVD drive below and good to go.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 09:51 AM   #5
GSGRUNT
No chops 🎸

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

"Resolution 1024x600"??? what are they thinking?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:03 AM   #6
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

why do companies waste resources on obviously flawed concepts?
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 04:01 PM   #7
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
why do companies waste resources on obviously flawed concepts?
If apple made of one these they'd be running Mac OSX and iOS5 and it'd be the best thing in the world.....
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 04:03 PM   #8
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
If apple made of one these they'd be running Mac OSX and iOS5 and it'd be the best thing in the world.....
The flaw in your logic is that Apple makes both OS's and the hardware and in fact would be the best thing in the world. This product is a mash of 3 completely different companies. Frankly it's rather pointless. Why would you need a dual OS on a tablet?
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 08:18 PM   #9
HAL10000
Radeon Arctic Islands

HAL10000 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
iOS is largely a subset of Mac OS X so it's nearly pointless to "dual boot" on an iPhone/iPad. Porting from one to the other can be done very, very, very quickly.

The market can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
HAL10000 is offline   Reply With Quote