Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 30, 2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default Padfone Modular System

By Asus... looks interesting.

**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 12:20 PM   #2
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Neat concept, terrible PR.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 03:13 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

They said they weren't sure if it'd be able to support future phones, IMO it should just be a universal dock and support all of their future phones. I like the concept a lot.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 30, 2011, 07:21 PM   #4
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Good idea. Like this a little more than the cellphone laptop dock idea really.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2011, 08:34 PM   #5
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

I like it... lets just see what comes from this. Maybe this is what the future holds, having the main device as your portable and then just plug it in via workstation either at home at work or wherever.

Also appreciate that its Asus thats taking a big stab at this.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 06:58 AM   #6
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It will probably be very expensive: you're paying for both the phone and the tablet, after all.
I also feel they've announced it too early: all they had was a plastic mockup, and they're not even sure of the size of the thing, or of the exact specs.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
It will probably be very expensive: you're paying for both the phone and the tablet, after all.
I also feel they've announced it too early: all they had was a plastic mockup, and they're not even sure of the size of the thing, or of the exact specs.
But if you don't have to buy the tablet and can just upgrade it by buying the phone, it's a smart idea for the consumer. That's assuming they make it support more than just the first model.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:11 PM   #8
Hack1903
Radeon 8500

Hack1903 is still being judged by the masses

The biggest weakness that I see in this system is it would force new phones to be the same form factor if they are to work with the pad part.
Old May 31, 2011, 12:28 PM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack1903 View Post
The biggest weakness that I see in this system is it would force new phones to be the same form factor if they are to work with the pad part.
Not really, look at the Zune and its dock. 1 dock could fit every model Zune with a slideable connector and plastic inserts.
Old May 31, 2011, 03:12 PM   #10
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

If it's using NFC to connect the two devices all you need is an NFC capable phone which most smartphone users will have by the time this thing comes out. I can't see ASUS forcing you to buy one of their phones.

Google demonstrated in one of their presentations that they could put an android phone (with NFC) while playing a youtube video next to an Android tablet (with NFC) and it transfered the video from the phone to the tablet wirelessly.

Last edited by eNforcer : May 31, 2011 at 03:14 PM.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote