Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:49 AM   #5761
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

the Jacket regrets that 699 FE MSRP so bad

next they will stop making the 10gb ones

and the 4000's

4060 = 699
4070 = 899
4080 = 1099
4080 ti = 1499
4090 = 2499
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2022, 11:51 AM   #5762
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2022, 01:22 PM   #5763
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 14, 2022, 04:20 PM   #5764
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
they need the Fed to print more money before release

Old Jan 14, 2022, 09:41 PM   #5765
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Pretty sure it is the memory at 21 Gs not working out. That and a 450 watts board.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2022, 04:04 AM   #5766
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Why does the 3090 ti even have to exist with the 4090 around the corner?
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2022, 04:11 AM   #5767
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

the Jacket regrets that 699 FE MSRP so bad

next they will stop making the 10gb ones

and the 4000's

4060 = 699
4070 = 899
4080 = 1099
4080 ti = 1499
4090 = 2499
Man you get this **** wrong every year.. do I need to show you the ridiculous predictions you had for the 3000 series before release? lol
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2022, 04:13 AM   #5768
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
I have no clue. I don't get it either .. the only thing I see is that with the lack of availability and extremely high demand, NV expects to lean on Ampere to still sell quite well even with the release of Lovelace.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 15, 2022, 04:26 AM   #5769
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Wouldn’t surprise me if Ampere GPU prices remain the same when Lovelace is released. It’ll give a whole new meaning to wallet rape.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2022, 09:29 AM   #5770
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
4000 series is still 8-9 months away.

yoz
Old Jan 15, 2022, 09:58 AM   #5771
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Man you get this **** wrong every year.. do I need to show you the ridiculous predictions you had for the 3000 series before release? lol
i was right on the 2000's

yea and the 3000's were way too low in the end no matter what the MSRP is

after the jacket seeing people paying 2 to 3 times that MSRP no way he is going to price low again

mining and low stock is a perfect storm for high MSRP's
Old Jan 15, 2022, 03:39 PM   #5772
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

There is an aditional challenge now at least in EU.The electricity prices doubled or tripled or even more.In my country is a big scandal on this theme.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 05:46 PM   #5773
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

Quote:
4000 series is still 8-9 months away.
Pfff, that's only like a few Mondays away.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 04:29 PM   #5774
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Got the new 3080 12GB today. Next to no difference in performance. Maybe 5-7%. Sad I had to buy a new card just so I had a backup in case the block install goes bad. That's the world we live in these days.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2022, 05:10 PM   #5775
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Got the new 3080 12GB today. Next to no difference in performance. Maybe 5-7%. Sad I had to buy a new card just so I had a backup in case the block install goes bad. That's the world we live in these days.
Hell at least you got one.

yoz
Old Jan 25, 2022, 06:58 AM   #5776
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I have no clue. I don't get it either .. the only thing I see is that with the lack of availability and extremely high demand, NV expects to lean on Ampere to still sell quite well even with the release of Lovelace.
The only reason I can see is it's a way for them to increase the selling prices on the 3090, without just transparently jacking up the prices. So, basically the same reason as the 3080 12 GB. In terms of generating more sales it will have no effect since everything is selling out already.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 06:47 PM   #5777
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Couldn't even win a newegg shuffle for a lowly $249 3050 today
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:50 AM   #5778
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

My 3090 is hitting 80 C again. Need to maybe clean it out and repaste it or reinstall that water kit.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:57 AM   #5779
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

GPU or memory?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 01:09 AM   #5780
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

80 degrees memory is normal. GPU…..well you better fix that shite
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 01:18 AM   #5781
KAC

80 GPU. I bought a Lian Li Evo case so I can install the water cooling kit on the card and continue to mine.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 02:38 AM   #5782
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

80c GPU is high, did you apply your own thermal paste? Doesn't matter, water will sort it out.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 07:06 AM   #5783
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Water won't fix bad contact though. Doesn't make sense your GPU temps just start climbing again.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 07:57 AM   #5784
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
My 3090 is hitting 80 C again. Need to maybe clean it out and repaste it or reinstall that water kit.
Maybe is a message that you need a 3090ti
Old Jan 28, 2022, 08:25 AM   #5785
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Water won't fix bad contact though. Doesn't make sense your GPU temps just start climbing again.

Sure. I just meant if he's going water, it should be sorted when he puts a block on.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 08:27 AM   #5786
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Sure. I just meant if he's going water, it should be sorted when he puts a block on.
Apparently he can't mount an air-cooler properly so god help him..

kidding..
Old Jan 28, 2022, 08:33 AM   #5787
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Maybe is a message that you need a 3090ti
I was thinking the same thing!

yoz
Old Jan 28, 2022, 09:00 AM   #5788
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Apparently he can't mount an air-cooler properly so god help him..

kidding..

Yeh
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:55 AM   #5789
acroig
Troll SMod

He's gonna need medical attention after all those burns.

yoz
Old Jan 28, 2022, 05:08 PM   #5790
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundFuku2 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
He's gonna need medical attention after all those burns.
Or perhaps another trip to a cooler climate.