Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Mar 19, 2014, 02:38 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
definitely very bad to nonIT skilled users ...
absolutely, can't imagine the panic for someone not computer-savvy.
And I'm even more surprised some complete total utter incurable idiot at AMD put back this paving nuclear bomb on their site, ffs.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2014, 02:43 PM   #32
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
it also breaks avast and some other software ...

definitely very bad to nonIT skilled users ...

Yeah, this is why I don't use either DDU or AMD cleaner utility. I always do manually uninstall AMD driver by use express uninstall, reboot, remove all the AMD/ATI registry, remove the folders from local roaming/local folder which can be seen the hidden folders if enabled from the folder options. Also remove the AMD folder from program files folder too. Then reboot. Install the new driver. Final restart...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:33 PM   #33
fasedw
PC Gamer

fasedw is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
lovely. used amd uninstall utility and my Windows 7 installation is fried. BSOD, no repair, no safe mode, no nothing. Since I have no restore points, I'm totally fuk3d.
Yeah somehow it screwed my xfi titanium hd drivers for my creative sound card I have just reinstalled win 7 and everything up to date etc. never again. Use the one at guru 3d driver uninstaller never had a problem.
I7 3930K 4.46 Mhz, Asus P9X79 DELUXE, 16 gigs corsair Plat 2133MHZ, Crucial MX 200 250GB, OCZ Vertex 4 256 meg, Patriot Pyro 240 gig, Segate 1tb hardrive, Toshiba 2TB hardrive, Corsair AX1200 watt, Pioneer BD-RW, Lian Li PC-343B Modular Black Aluminum Cube Case - Extreme Water Cooled Edition , 2 GigabyteG1 Gaming 1080 gtx,SLI ,Heat killer Cpu block, Coolgate 240mm rad, 2 syscthe fans 108cfm, 655 pump , SoundBlaster XFi Titanium HD pcie express sound card, Corsair M60 mouse, Gigabyte Aivia keyboard, Dell U2913WM , Sure ATH-M50x headphones. Win 10 1511 build
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=21558
fasedw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 20, 2014, 01:38 AM   #34
teiva
Radeon R200

teiva is still being judged by the masses

My Thief results running a 8350, R9-290, 16GB Ram, 14.3 beta drivers and 1.3 Thief patch:

DirectX Mantle
Min 31.7 55.6
Max 97.6 119.6
Avg 49.2 81.0

Nice improvement for $0. Well done AMD. I look forward to future driver releases, patches and more games with Mantle support

With regards to driver installs I used the uninstall all AMD software option, rebooted, installed the new beta and restarted with no discernable problems yet.

It's early days but so far it looks very promising.
teiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 09:56 AM   #35
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I see we have the same CPU, if only they could get Crossfire right once in their life, I would probably be a happy camper too.
The game does indeed run quite well even on a single 7950. Time to ditch Crossfire, perhaps?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:49 AM   #36
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Location: United States Deep in Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good
WaltC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

To both of you, on my previous system (Win7 - 890FX chipset - AMD PhenomX4 CPU and Crossfired 7950's), I used that darn utility many times w/o ANY issue, then it was removed from AMD's website for a while, then yesterday it re-appeared and I thought what the heck. For some reason this new Win7 installation on revamped system (990FX chipset - AMD FX CPU) didn't like what I was doing.
Pulling my hair thinking I got everything perfectly set up less than a month ago, and now here I'm all-over again having to restart EVERYTHING from scratch. Nothing, NOTHING I did last night allowed me to enter OS in any way, although drive content and RAID array are still intact. Can't believe what a nuisance this is going to be, I'm pissed like a suburban sidewalk.

Thx for your comprehension, guys.
So what do you think--they've changed the utility? Hmmmm...I still have my old one around, think--I'll download the new one and compare bytes if nothing else. Did you still have your old version of the uninstaller handy?

Oh, hey--I greatly sympathize--I can dimly remember what it's like to get your system hosed--not fun. I just think it's important to nail the cause of something like this--at least, for me it would be. It probably isn't the uninstaller, but if they changed the application somehow, then it certainly could be. Hope you get it sorted ASAP!

Edit: Yes, according to the site, AMD updated the Uninstaller earlier this month....and, of course, I just had to try it... But not before creating a SRP, just in case what happened to you happened to me!

I had no problems with the utility, I'm relieved to say. To that end, I think I know what may have happened to you. Towards the end of its uninstall routine, the driver uninstall utility drops all screen feedback for ~20 seconds or so. In fact, I thought the program had actually finished because all visible feedback from the utility had ceased. I was about to reboot but I noticed that my hard drives were still churning, so I elected to do nothing and continue to wait. That was the right move, because after about ~20 seconds of zero feedback, a large requester pops up in the middle of the screen and tells me that the program is now finished and asks me to conclude by hitting the "finish" button on the requester. I note that drive activity has ceased so I hit the "finished" button, which is immediately followed by another requester informing me that I must reboot. I hit "OK" on that popup and the system reboots. It came back up fine in low-res, and I immediately installed the 14.3b's and afterwards checked to see that all other drivers had been correctly reinstalled and they had. (Actually, I liked this version of the uninstall program better than the original.)

However, seeing as how your system came back up completely hosed, I'm wondering if you didn't reboot during that lull in the program while the program was still running but without any visible screen feedback to make you think it was. I was tempted to go ahead and reboot, myself, because I thought it was done, so I know that at that point it certainly *seems* like the program has finished even though it hasn't. Rebooting before the program had finished would certainly account for what happened to you. Other than that, all I can say is that the first time I used it the program worked as advertised.

That would be my one criticism of the utility--that it doesn't maintain a constant visible screen feedback until it's finished--or else I can see many people rebooting at the wrong time and in the process getting fairly fouled up. Hope this helps in some fashion.

Last edited by WaltC : Mar 20, 2014 at 01:17 PM. Reason: add info
WaltC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:00 PM   #37
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Location: United States Deep in Martian soil where it's warm and the air is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Yeah, this is why I don't use either DDU or AMD cleaner utility. I always do manually uninstall AMD driver by use express uninstall, reboot, remove all the AMD/ATI registry, remove the folders from local roaming/local folder which can be seen the hidden folders if enabled from the folder options. Also remove the AMD folder from program files folder too. Then reboot. Install the new driver. Final restart...
Express Uninstall (I use it, too) does delete one of the AMD folders, which I know because after using it and then installing a new driver I'm always asked if I want to create a new AMD folder...the AMD folder that the Uninstall utility deletes is in c:\ root, and is the folder that contains the decompressed Catalyst driver installs. Even though I don't use the uninstall utility anymore, I still started downloading my drivers to an "AMD driver" folder, JIC... Of course, as you know, the Express Uninstall routine doesn't delete that folder.

Edit: The folder that I'm asked to create is the "ATi" folder, not another "AMD" folder....

I've yet to have Express Uninstall fail, and haven't had a Catalyst install hose my system in so many years I can't remember the last time something like that happened. It's no fun when it does, though, I'm sure...

Last edited by WaltC : Mar 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM. Reason: add info
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:02 PM   #38
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not done it for a while but this driver set seemed to update or interfer with a USB driver or something as I had a warning pop up stating something could run better on the USB port, rebooted then stuck on W7 boot screen, repair couldn't fix it... however, went back to previous workable boot and made it back in !

Scary driver set.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 03:21 PM   #39
The PIT
Radeon R700

The PIT is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
lovely. used amd uninstall utility and my Windows 7 installation is fried. BSOD, no repair, no safe mode, no nothing. Since I have no restore points, I'm totally fuk3d.
The last time I used this it borked the default permissions on the hard drive. I then noticed it also broke the windows installer so a applications installed using an msi wouldn't uninstall.
Problem was I couldn't remember when I ran the damn thing. So I didn't know which was the last good backup. Doh.
Luckily a windows 8 repair job fixed the permissions and the installer.
Otherwise it would have been try this backup an hour later. Nope no good try this one and so on.
The PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2014, 05:49 PM   #40
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ok tried it again, this time uninstalled using the express and same again with this set, unable to boot after installing... will now wait for finals and hope they dont screw up thousands of PC's in the process...
Old Mar 20, 2014, 06:50 PM   #41
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

holy crap.
I'm reinstalling Thief after spending all night yesterday reinstalling Windows.
Kudos to AMD.

WaltC, I'm aware of the program's behavior, since I've been using it extensively in the past and never had an issue.
It does indeed appear to lie dormant for a while and then pops up with a 'finished' message.
It happened this time too, and asked for reboot.
I did notice autoplay request pop-ups up for each of my disks, something that hadn't happened on my previous setup and which I found kind of weird.
Needless to say, I was on a BSOD seconds after.
OS simply wouldn't boot, even though the RAID array was intact and healthy (Ctrl+F) and drive content unchanged, as I found out when trying to do a system repair, operation for which I had to reload RAID drivers from a USB key.
Despite various attempts, Win7 remained inaccessible .
Unless you need an excuse for pulling an all-nighter, all I can say without hesitation is to stay away from that utility.
I've had my share of experience with pc's and never had such major failure caused by third party software.

Last edited by Lurk : Mar 20, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 07:37 PM   #42
Falcon1
Free Bird

Falcon1 is still being judged by the masses

Well, to be fair. It does warn you, it will uninstall all drivers. It is a very bad idea to use that tool, if you are running an RAID array from an AMD chipset...
AHCI should be save, as Windows should just use default AHCI drivers instead.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:51 PM   #43
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltC View Post
Express Uninstall (I use it, too) does delete one of the AMD folders, which I know because after using it and then installing a new driver I'm always asked if I want to create a new AMD folder...the AMD folder that the Uninstall utility deletes is in c:\ root, and is the folder that contains the decompressed Catalyst driver installs. Even though I don't use the uninstall utility anymore, I still started downloading my drivers to an "AMD driver" folder, JIC... Of course, as you know, the Express Uninstall routine doesn't delete that folder.

Edit: The folder that I'm asked to create is the "ATi" folder, not another "AMD" folder....

I've yet to have Express Uninstall fail, and haven't had a Catalyst install hose my system in so many years I can't remember the last time something like that happened. It's no fun when it does, though, I'm sure...
I see...but I'm pretty positive that there would be still some AMD/ATI files, registry, and folders leftover and especially if even when express uninstall fails to remove the AMD folder from the program files where it used to extracted the drivers. It's better to remove them than mess up with something else or conflict things. I always do the double check everything before install the new driver.

Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
EVGA SuperNova 650W
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:44 PM   #44
teiva
Radeon R200

teiva is still being judged by the masses

I'm pretty sure express uninstall all amd drivers will bork your raid driver as well. AMD should make the raid driver an option to uninstall considering how important it is to the OS (hence the probable cause of lurk's situation )

I remember running a raid array on one of my earlier rigs then stupidly ran one of those live Ubuntu cds and it took out my raid driver even though they categorically stated that the live cd does not do anything to your system.
teiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2014, 05:44 AM   #45
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Not to forget fix that AHCI driver that's pushed through windows update which can bork your computer good...
Old Mar 21, 2014, 08:23 AM   #46
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So AMD finally fixed vsync but now I have graphical anomalies in D3 (practically the only game I play) that are only present when vsync is enabled.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2014, 08:32 AM   #47
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
So AMD finally fixed vsync but now I have graphical anomalies in D3 (practically the only game I play) that are only present when vsync is enabled.
Doom 3?

Also, I think some of you might benefit greatly from some decent imaging-backup software.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 01:15 PM   #48
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

The Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete stranger

im pretty sure he means Diablo 3

lol
The Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2014, 01:47 PM   #49
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Diablo 3.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2014, 03:09 PM   #50
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

These drivers are unfortunately causing random reboots on my brothers machine.

Checked event viewer and before each restart occurs an event related to the graphics card drivers is logged as "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Sucks for him as he wants to play thief and these really boosted his minimums on his 7770.
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2014, 09:25 PM   #51
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
These drivers are unfortunately causing random reboots on my brothers machine.

Checked event viewer and before each restart occurs an event related to the graphics card drivers is logged as "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Sucks for him as he wants to play thief and these really boosted his minimums on his 7770.
What did you try to do to your brother's rig? Did you try to do manually uninstalled the old driver as I posted previously above? BTW, do not use the AMD cleaner utility. That thing could mess up only if it's the AMD based machine.

Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
EVGA SuperNova 650W
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Old Mar 21, 2014, 09:29 PM   #52
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
What did you try to do to your brother's rig? Did you try to do manually uninstalled the old driver as I posted previously above? BTW, don't use the AMD cleaner utility. That thing could mess up only if it's the AMD based machine.

He tried just a benign uninstall and reinstall of the new betas.

I noticed that he had not installed drivers for some of the bluetooth stack etc for the board so I did that and looking at dependencies that could be a cause for errors.

My fault as I did this for him but it;s looking probable that it may be connected.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 05:53 AM   #53
Korrigan
GTX 980 Ti

Korrigan is still being judged by the masses

After installing this driver first, my system stopped booting, so I had to repair and revert the changes.

I reinstalled without the "SATA AHCI" driver and it worked just fine.

So a warning to you guys... this beta SATA driver seems incompatible with some motherboards.

The rest of the driver's just fine, works like a charm for my R9 290x OC.
Korrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2014, 09:53 AM   #54
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Fixed my brothers problem with these drivers causing bluescreens... it was caused by his bluetooth drivers.

Updated those and made sure everything was installed correctly and so far so good, not a single crash.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:28 AM   #55
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Quote:
I see...but I'm pretty positive that there would be still some AMD/ATI files, registry, and folders leftover and especially if even when express uninstall fails to remove the AMD folder from the program files where it used to extracted the drivers. It's better to remove them than mess up with something else or conflict things. I always do the double check everything before install the new driver.
No question!...I like Express Uninstall because of what it doesn't remove between installs...namely, my game profiles! The uninstaller utility gets even them, however. Like you, I'll stick with Express Uninstall. I was just commenting on the ATi folder being deleted by the EU--to each his own, right?....

Last edited by WaltC : Mar 22, 2014 at 10:55 AM. Reason: typo
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:54 AM   #56
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon1 View Post
Well, to be fair. It does warn you, it will uninstall all drivers. It is a very bad idea to use that tool, if you are running an RAID array from an AMD chipset...
AHCI should be save, as Windows should just use default AHCI drivers instead.
As I mentioned to Lurk, I did use the new version of the uninstall utility yesterday--after setting a restore point for insurance, of course--and I had no difficulty whatever with it I was glad to see--and I run a 1 TB AMD RAID array, but am not booting from it (Win8.1x64 boots in 15 secs, cold, anyway, and from an older, slower Seagate S2.)

The way the driver uninstall program works, if Windows is running properly, then upon the program-prescribed reboot Windows will install its standard placeholder driver until you can install the latest AMD driver set--and that's what happened with my RAID array, evidently, as it survived wholly intact. If someone is booting from a RAID array then of course the rules may change. AHCI is set within my EFI and Windows installs the driver as per that UEFI setting upon reboot. Had no trouble with that, either.

For what it is worth, the uninstall utility gave me no problems whatever. I don't care to use it every time, however, because it deletes my game profiles and if I had remembered that it did that I probably would not have tried the utility yesterday at all... But, I'm glad I used the program in the sense that it provided a very clean slate to install the latest 14.3 betas into...certainly cleaner than the one I had originally installed them into!

Ah, ha--now, back to some Exult U7...
Old Mar 23, 2014, 08:43 AM   #57
Korrigan
GTX 980 Ti

Korrigan is still being judged by the masses

After some more testing, I reverted to the 14.2 v1.3 drivers. With the 14.3 I was getting occasional artifacts on the windows 7 desktop and random crashes which I never got with 14.2.
Korrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:08 PM   #58
kakarot
Radeon Caribbean Islands

kakarot is still being judged by the masses

I take back what i said about that suck ass AMD utility. Do NOT use it even if all you have is an amd video card. I ran it in safe mode, after uninstalling video drivers, and it killed all usb ports on the pc. Never had an issue with the older version but i ended up having to clean install all his **** and bought him driverfusion to avoid this crap again
kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2014, 11:45 AM   #59
WaltC
Captain Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot View Post
I take back what i said about that suck ass AMD utility. Do NOT use it even if all you have is an amd video card. I ran it in safe mode, after uninstalling video drivers, and it killed all usb ports on the pc. Never had an issue with the older version but i ended up having to clean install all his **** and bought him driverfusion to avoid this crap again
Out of curiosity, why did you run it in safe mode (and I sure don't understand the reasoning behind manually uninstalling your drivers and *then* running the AMD driver uninstall utility)? I understood that the uninstall utility is designed to be run under a normal boot, and when you boot into safe mode your *device drivers* generally aren't loaded (unless you opt to load your network/Ethernet driver.)

Yea, run it in safe mode and it will take out your installed drivers in places I'm sure--but they won't be the ones you want to get rid of, necessarily (because you are in safe mode.) It seems to me the entire purpose of the uninstaller program is so that you can remove everything AMD without having to resort to safe mode and all of the other crap that we used to do years ago...

Engaged under a normal boot (which I think is the only correct way to use the program), the program worked perfectly for me and did just what it was supposed to do and nothing else. The AMD driver uninstall utility is not a "cleanup program" like many others, it's not a "uninstall your drivers first and then run this program to clean up the residue" program--it is a *driver uninstall utility* that, when used correctly, eliminates any need for a so-called clean-up program, imo.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:03 PM   #60
kakarot
Radeon Caribbean Islands

kakarot is still being judged by the masses

I never run anything like it if not in safe mode, I don't think any app can remove stuff that is in use. But tbh i always thought of it as a clean up utility and it always removed crap left over from a normal uninstall.
But for shits and giggles i ran it on mine, in regular windows mode, and behold my usb ports also stopped functioning as well. We both have z77 boards so I am sure something is going on here with intel drivers
kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote