Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old May 10, 2018, 10:22 AM   #961
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Yeah, I've been PC and XBone gaming more lately...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 05:00 PM   #962
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

seems like the Nintendo titles itself has hit a dry spell..... (they cant be the only ones pumping out titles after titles though)

and third parties has just not been picking up the slack
(I haven't seen any major big name releases announced for awhile. I guess monster hunter generations is the next big one, but prior to that it was what....Wolfenstein? which was announced last year or something?)

Only the indies seem to be keeping a steady stream going and even that's not going to appeal to everyone.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2018, 05:09 PM   #963
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Yep, I was excited for Fire Emblem Warriors, but that game was... Well not great.

Then was waiting for Dragon Quest VI? X? And it basically disappeared. And theres nothing really on the horizon.

Really want to play it... There just is nothing. Hell at this rate I'd be excited for a pokemon game.. And I hate those.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 12, 2018, 05:48 PM   #964
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

For me I can't stop playing Indie games, better (for me) than a lot of the crap that comes from AAA these days.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2018, 06:39 PM   #965
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
seems like the Nintendo titles itself has hit a dry spell..... (they cant be the only ones pumping out titles after titles though)
This would be a great time for them to release a switch version of Super Mario 3d World. Actually they still have several silver-bullets from the WiiU library, stashed in their arsenal. There's really no excuse for Switch dry spells.

Methinks we won't hear anything until next month though... but I'm hoping for a proper virtual console that supports gamecube & wii games.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : May 12, 2018 at 06:52 PM.
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2018, 06:46 AM   #966
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The mother****ers at nintendo better bring this to their shield, **** nes titles with online support when you got a working gamecube/wii emulator.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2018, 09:28 AM   #967
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
This would be a great time for them to release a switch version of Super Mario 3d World. Actually they still have several silver-bullets from the WiiU library, stashed in their arsenal.

I've always considered the whole existance of the Switch has been a dry spell. There still no games on the thing.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:10 AM   #968
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

I've always considered the whole existance of the Switch has been a dry spell. There still no games on the thing.
What? The way I count, there's 2 games.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:30 PM   #969
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I hope smash and pokemans are not the only thing nintendo has going for the switch this year, because I don't give a **** about those games.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 01:19 PM   #970
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

How long did the Wii take for 3rd parties to jump on board? (I mean they did eventually overdo it with the s*** ton of shovelware)

I just don't get it...the thing is selling well and all the games I hear about are indie games.

It should be a potential goldmine, especially when there's this few big name third parties involved.

Isnt it powerful enough to run all the most current engines and whatnot? That should at least provide devs another source of income for their multiplatforms.

Nintendo can only do so much with their established titles and can only release so much at a time....they need help.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 01:28 PM   #971
Mangler
PC

Wasn't basically UBI the only ones that gave the wii a shot?

Everyone else basically just turned to shovelware.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 01:38 PM   #972
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Pretty sure most of the big name 3rd party publishers took a wait and see approach with the Switch, after seeing what happened with the Wii U.

Now that its a success I'm sure the games are coming. Just taking a bit longer.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2018, 02:33 PM   #973
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Wasn't basically UBI the only ones that gave the wii a shot?

Everyone else basically just turned to shovelware.
Well I think Ubisoft was the first to go and last to stay.
Every other 3rd party eventually got on board, but then I think they bailed after awhile and just threw shovelware crap at the Wii.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 01:21 PM   #974
Mangler
PC

Nice, octopath traveler is releasing next month.

I really like the look of that game.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 01:26 PM   #975
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Got the large collectors edition on pre-order.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Jun 11, 2018, 08:20 PM   #976
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So what Nintendo got announced. I got a switch collecting dust.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 07:07 AM   #977
Mangler
PC

Nothing yet, square just showed a switch game at their conference, I think the nintendo event is today or tomorrow.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:09 PM   #978
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

I think the Nintendo event is going on right now.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:14 PM   #979
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

So far they announced

-Super Mario Party
-Fire Emblem Three Houses
-Fortnite

-Buncha indie titles.
-recapping stuff already announced.

Might be other stuff coming, maybe they save for the treehouse.
I know they tend to do that, (announce some lamer stuff during E3, then stealth drop stuff during their treehouse).

-Oh now they're showing a bit of smash bros (called Smash Bros Ultimate) Going through the roster as it stands right now...and it appears every fighter who made an appearance will be in it.
Wow they're dragging the hell out of the Smash presentation.....they're showing almost everything.....bit by bit. Its basically a compilation of every smash rolled into one, with a few new bits here and there.

Last edited by Sasquach : Jun 12, 2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:18 PM   #980
Mangler
PC

Knockoff overwatch is also available right now!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:45 PM   #981
Mangler
PC

I guess this was a good direct for a smash fans.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:48 PM   #982
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks like mine is going to continue to collect dust.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2018, 01:10 PM   #983
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Good news there's some new games

Bad news is that they're either indies or not-for-everyone titles.

Mario Party...pretty much only good with friends, and even then the mingames has to be good and fun....theres been enough Mario party's with garbage minigames.

Fire emblem is tactical turn based RPG. good for fans, not so much for those without patience. But its a sign the franchise is gaining popularity.

Smash bros...is smash bros...lol

we'll see what the treehouse holds. I don't know when they actually do those.
Nintendo usually has a secret or two during those presentations.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 01:19 PM   #984
Mangler
PC

I wish nintendo would open their wallet and pay for a persona 4 golden port, the vita was just like the wii u so basically no one in the west has played it.

And persona is so hot right now.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 01:25 PM   #985
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sounds like Nintendo's presentation was pretty disappointing. I was hoping to hear more about:
  • Rumored Gamecube/Wii/WiiU games coming to Switch.
  • Metroid info (I really doubt it's launching this year)
  • Plans for the future of the 3ds platform

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jun 12, 2018, 01:37 PM   #986
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Sounds like Nintendo's presentation was pretty disappointing. I was hoping to hear more about:
  • Rumored Gamecube/Wii/WiiU games coming to Switch.
  • Metroid info (I really doubt it's launching this year)
  • Plans for the future of the 3ds platform
I find that Nintendo doesn't really show off anything good during the main E3 presentations. In the past several years theres really been like 1 that could be considered good?

Its always from the treehouse presentations or some other non-E3 related presentation where the more juicy bits gets revealed.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 02:57 PM   #987
Mangler
PC

Apparently fortnite does not require a phone/that dumb app for voice chat.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 04:01 PM   #988
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

The Switch is starting to feel a hell of a lot like the Wii U now. There's going to be a major software drought in the coming months, and the third-party support isn't looking good at all (is there ANYTHING notable other than Starlink?).

I was really hoping for some surprising announcements like a new Luigi's Mansion, or Mario Maker, or... hell, anything for that matter.

My Switch has been collecting dust ever since I beat Xenoblade 2 way back in January.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 04:17 PM   #989
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Switch for me has too many games, sure many are. Indie, but for me that's good enough.

Old Jun 12, 2018, 04:32 PM   #990
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Switch for me has too many games, sure many are. Indie, but for me that's good enough.
indie is the new shovelware lol.

But Nintendo really should put more focus on their lesser known titles instead of the cash cows. They may be great but they're not real surprises.

at least this time around Fire Emblem got some love (seems to have recently picked up in popularity)

They could really make the crowd go wow with say FZero, a proper new Starfox, Luigi's mansion, a Mario RPG that is back to the traditional style, and not of paper or Mario & Luigi, Pikmin 4, Kirby, Maybe a new IP, stuff like that.

Metroid prime 4 was last years megaton but that's not coming out anytime soon.