Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Nov 30, 2017, 03:54 AM   #841
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Played a bit of Zelda and it wasn't fun at all with all the switching weaponry mid action.
That is a weird take away. I did find the weapon breakage mildly annoying at first but it doesn't take long to pick up more durable weapons. I'm regularly not taking weapons now as I have a handful of durable, strong weapons that can take down a larger goon without breaking.

one particular enemy you can use a certain technique that will not cause damage to your melee weapon and they drop epic weapons when you defeat them.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:48 AM   #842
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I don’t like anime. Any other game worth boning?

Btw I haven’t played switch for more than 30 mins since purchase.
I'd have to ask what your style of gaming is.
Because the Switch doesn't have much beyond stuff for either the younger demographic or a more broad demographic.

It could easily be just that the style of gaming that the Switch specializes in just isn't your taste.
From all your threads I imagine you're more of the hardcore gamer type so stuff like CoD and Assassin's creed is more to your liking.

The switch just doesn't have much of those types of games at the moment that isn't ports of existing games.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 03:08 PM   #843
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

But COD and AC are flagship casul titles.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 30, 2017, 03:10 PM   #844
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

KAC is a dudebro gamer.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 03:33 PM   #845
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nintendo games are for old school gamers who love old school improved graphics. Their first party games are some of the best there is in the modern gaming world regardless of graphics. Zelda BOTW and Mario Odessey were some of the most fun I have had in video games in a good while.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2017, 06:48 PM   #846
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
I'd have to ask what your style of gaming is.
Because the Switch doesn't have much beyond stuff for either the younger demographic or a more broad demographic.

It could easily be just that the style of gaming that the Switch specializes in just isn't your taste.
From all your threads I imagine you're more of the hardcore gamer type so stuff like CoD and Assassin's creed is more to your liking.

The switch just doesn't have much of those types of games at the moment that isn't ports of existing games.
I play most things but if graphics aren’t up to snuff then it is hard for me to progress. Zelda graphics are really bad and the frame rate is worse. Add to that constant weapon switching, no voice overs, childish fantasy world and a not so compelling storyline and I just never got into it.

MARIO I can play any day of the week. Who doesn’t want a pedo plumber to jump on small potty shaped enemies and try to get peach out of a bully abducter? However my fun was ruined or increased by just watching my family enjoy the game.

I would have loved to try some Metroid or Bayonetta 2 on the switch. Titles that seem more interesting to me.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2017, 03:30 AM   #847
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm liking Xenoblade 2 much better than I was expecting and very nice artstyle at times.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2017, 09:58 PM   #848
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I'm liking Xenoblade 2 much better than I was expecting and very nice artstyle at times.
Me too. Pretty fun game.

Didn't like how they mixed in level 18+ enemies in with the level 5 and 6 in that first "open" area outside the first town. I would check the area to make sure there weren't any around, start fighting, then BAM! Lvl 18 bird thing starts kicking my butt.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2017, 08:24 AM   #849
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I was fighting a level 9 and then I turned the camera and a level 81 was about 10 meters from me.

Long story short, ordered new pants from Amazon.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2017, 02:26 PM   #850
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
I was fighting a level 9 and then I turned the camera and a level 81 was about 10 meters from me.

Long story short, ordered new pants from Amazon.
Ah yeah, I remember that guy. First came into the area and it started charging right at me. Turned away right as I thought “first death incoming”.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2017, 06:35 PM   #851
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
I have Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, and some Tetris game. I have played Kart but didn't enjoy it. Played a bit of Zelda and it wasn't fun at all with all the switching weaponry mid action. Watched my son and wife play Odyssey and I like it but I am not going to play it as I have seen them play the whole thing thus far and they are almost to the end now.
I wish Zelda at least had the option to turn off weapon breaking or tone back how fragile everything is. Completely pulled me out of the game.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 09:22 AM   #852
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I wish Zelda at least had the option to turn off weapon breaking or tone back how fragile everything is. Completely pulled me out of the game.
The idea was they wanted you to get creative with how you approached each enemy encounter, and not just always rely on the same method of attack. In almost every situation there were literally dozens of ways to dispatch enemies, be it using your traditional weapons or several interactive environmental elements. If you were playing the game trying to use the same weapon all the time you were missing the point. Basically I think the Eventide Island side quest was how they were hoping you would play the entire game--just always improvising with whatever you presently had at your disposal.

Sure its arguable they could have gone about relaying the message to the player better, but it the end I think most people who enjoyed the game understood it. But I'd say it wasn't as much a problem as many make it seem. The game starts you off with the more fragile weapons in the beginning, so as to get you experimenting with others tactics. Then later on after you've figured out how you personally want to play the game they start giving you more durable weaponry.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 09:49 AM   #853
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
The idea was they wanted you to get creative with how you approached each enemy encounter, and not just always rely on the same method of attack. In almost every situation there were literally dozens of ways to dispatch enemies, be it using your traditional weapons or several interactive environmental elements. If you were playing the game trying to use the same weapon all the time you were missing the point. Basically I think the Eventide Island side quest was how they were hoping you would play the entire game--just always improvising with whatever you presently had at your disposal.

Sure its arguable they could have gone about relaying the message to the player better, but it the end I think most people who enjoyed the game understood it. But I'd say it wasn't as much a problem as many make it seem. The game starts you off with the more fragile weapons in the beginning, so as to get you experimenting with others tactics. Then later on after you've figured out how you personally want to play the game they start giving you more durable weaponry.
They've basically forced me to not use weapons when possible, so I try to time my battles out and use explosive runes most of the time... I'm actually to a point where I hardly have any weapons at all right now, all my good weapons broke, it's really zapped my will to play the game.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:10 AM   #854
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The durability thing sucked, anyone who claims otherwise is SIMPLY WRONG.

Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:07 AM   #855
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah, sarcasm aside its definitely a valid argument. Its understandable some people just want to use a single weapon when fighting, and not have to continuously be switching strategies mid-fight. I see what they were going for, to make a more robust and diverse gameplay experience, but at the expense of alienating some players who wanted a more simpler and traditional style

The good thing though is like I said later on you start to get weapons that are much more durable. Also weapon drops are always plentiful. Problem is the people who get fed up with the weapons breaking too early on and just quit before getting to that point.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:09 PM   #856
Mangler
PC

All I know that you've designed a bad durability system when the master sword can run out of batteries.

Or when truly unique weapons can break and be gone from the game forever, at least have the decency to include a smith that can repair and upgrade the durability of legendary weapons.

Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:31 PM   #857
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
All I know that you've designed a bad durability system when the master sword can run out of batteries.

Or when truly unique weapons can break and be gone from the game forever, at least have the decency to include a smith that can repair and upgrade the durability of legendary weapons.

Which unique weapons are you talking about? For example I know the Hylian Shield can be repaired by a secret vendor somewhere.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 02:35 PM   #858
Mangler
PC

Seems like it would be best to treat xenoblade 2 as a docked game, it goes <480p in handheld mode.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 03:42 PM   #859
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah but I don't want to play waifu simulator in front of the wife and kid. Going to be primarily docked.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:17 AM   #860
Mangler
PC

Seems like nintendo plans on releasing a bunch of hd version of classic wii and gamecube titles on the nvidia shield in China.

I really hope that means that they are also coming to the nintendo shield.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-games-co...ina-1821000990
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:22 AM   #861
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

I saw my son play Zelda and when he told me his master sword runs out of juice mid battle that was the final nail in coffin for me to ever play this game.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 02:24 PM   #862
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The durability system kind of sucks if youre a person who likes the run with a certain type of weapon through the whole game... but its designed that way obviously. It forces people to switch weapons, be on their tows, and encourages strict item management. At first I didnt like it as much but it forced me to use other weapons I normally wouldnt and think about battle a little differently. I never wasted any good weapons on crap mobs.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 03:32 PM   #863
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
The durability system kind of sucks if youre a person who likes the run with a certain type of weapon through the whole game... but its designed that way obviously. It forces people to switch weapons, be on their tows, and encourages strict item management. At first I didnt like it as much but it forced me to use other weapons I normally wouldnt and think about battle a little differently. I never wasted any good weapons on crap mobs.
It pretty much forces me to be more hardcore about the game than I care to be. It's pretty crap for casual gaming.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 06:33 PM   #864
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

'Picked up my Switch today. Not going to open it til Christmas though!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 07:05 PM   #865
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
It pretty much forces me to be more hardcore about the game than I care to be. It's pretty crap for casual gaming.
Cant argue with that. I want to play the trials DLC but I am going to wait for all the DLC to show up before I delve back in because I fear re-learning the battle system.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 08:35 PM   #866
Elysian
SCAATSJW

My biggest issue is the lack of time to game, so I want to just be able to pick it up and go. That's what I love about Super Mario Odyssey, it's a great casual gamer game. I have to really have time to invest to play Zelda. I enjoy it when I do have time, but before last week the last time I played was July
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:31 PM   #867
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My biggest issue is the lack of time to game, so I want to just be able to pick it up and go. That's what I love about Super Mario Odyssey, it's a great casual gamer game. I have to really have time to invest to play Zelda. I enjoy it when I do have time, but before last week the last time I played was July
****ing holidays lol. Works been crazy for me. I think everywhere should be closed for the last two weeks of the year. Stock up on groceries and supplies and everything shuts down for the last 2 weeks.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:50 PM   #868
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
I have no issues with durability as a concept and definitely do not want to run around with a single weapon. Heck, I spent 52 hours in Ass Creed not too long ago and was constantly upgrading and switching my weaponry. Similarly, many RPGs have had durability implementations with constant use of repair kits and what not.

What is wrong and takes me completely out of the game is the mid battle switching of weapons, constant weapon breakage, and running short of any form of ammo since you never know how much damage you can expect to deal with the current set of weapons. I am ok with a calculated approach to combat (think Skyrim, Witcher 2 or 3) and taking my time to strategize but taking me out of the game mid combat repeatedly is just not on.

Anyways, I have said enough about this everywhere so I am going to stop. People who enjoy Zelda, more power to them; it is not for me.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 06:15 AM   #869
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Later on in the game it kind of becomes a non-issue. You can easily farm a few white lynels or greater tests of strength. After a while I always had an inventory full of killer weapons. Just save the master sword for beasts and the castle where it won't break. I never went the ancient set with ancient weapons though. That sounds expensive and annoying.

Although it does encourage you to run from trash mobs since they're never worth the investment. Definitely could have been handled better.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2017, 09:48 AM   #870
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

When thinking about it, I can only imagine what a nightmare this game must have been for Nintendo to balance the gameplay. Its not perfect by any means in that regard, but I have to applaud their ambition and effort to balancing it as well as they could.