Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old May 29, 2020, 11:41 AM   #1591
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanBlues View Post
https://www8.hp.com/us/en/vr/reverb-...=va_vxbe6kzc5h

HP Reverb 2 officially announced, $600 for full package
- Two 2160 x 2160 (4k) LCD Panels (brand new, better colors & contrast, reduced persistence, brighter)
- 90hz
- 6 meter cable
- 114° FOV
- Mura has been fixed
- Similar microphones to Reverb G1
- 1.21 lbs/550 grams with cable (lighter than oculus quest & index)
- "Less God Rays than Index"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Nice! That would be a nice upgrade over my current Samsung Odyssey. Looking forward to this more than the 3080Ti.
Yeah, I'm interested. The specs look good. Has anyone seen what the Field of View is?

I assume since they worked with Valve on this that the Steam Index controllers will work with it? Does anyone know about that? I have zero interest in any other controller design after using them.

EDIT: Looks like FOV is 114. Ehhh...

Last edited by OverclockN' : May 29, 2020 at 11:54 AM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2020, 01:45 AM   #1592
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Yeah, I'm interested. The specs look good. Has anyone seen what the Field of View is?

I assume since they worked with Valve on this that the Steam Index controllers will work with it? Does anyone know about that? I have zero interest in any other controller design after using them.

EDIT: Looks like FOV is 114. Ehhh...
Reverb doesn't seem to use lighthouse tracking so it might be a big pain in the butt getting the knuckles to work with it. I don't really know though, so we'll see.
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2020, 03:30 AM   #1593
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

114FOV isn't that bad Quest has 95 and once I push the headset towards my face I barely ever notice the black sides. Also I doubt this will work with Index controllers due to the fact it uses the same kind of setup as Quest/Rift tracking, which for me is much better than trying to place lighthouses. (impossible in my living room)

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 30, 2020, 06:45 PM   #1594
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If you want large FOV you'll have to look elsewhere than the 'main stream' like Pimax.
Old May 31, 2020, 03:39 AM   #1595
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Got a 5K+. It's a good set. However, as a glasses owner it is impossible for me to get both eyes focused on this thing. Frustrating as hell. Vive, Go and GearVR were fine. Space isn't the issue, it's.. the lenses, their focus distance...or something.
Old May 31, 2020, 10:40 PM   #1596
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
114FOV isn't that bad Quest has 95 and once I push the headset towards my face I barely ever notice the black sides. Also I doubt this will work with Index controllers due to the fact it uses the same kind of setup as Quest/Rift tracking, which for me is much better than trying to place lighthouses. (impossible in my living room)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
If you want large FOV you'll have to look elsewhere than the 'main stream' like Pimax.
My buddies have headsets with 90 FOV. It's binocular vision to the extreme.

A co-workers Index was amazing. So nice. I could get probably get along with 114 well enough, but it doesn't seem like the controllers will work with it.

Seems like the Index is still the VR unit for me.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 03:50 AM   #1597
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

If you use the Index allot they can wear out in weird ways. See the below YT video.

We are still in early days of VR at this point though. So it's only going to get better.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2020, 08:53 AM   #1598
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Valve really should have partnered with a more experienced company to make the Index. They did alright on the basic design, but they don't really know what they're doing when it comes to product manufacturing. The stick problems on the Knuckles were just inexcusable.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2020, 11:43 PM   #1599
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2020, 07:27 AM   #1600
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
Looks to be the one to get and best all arounder atm.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 01:42 AM   #1601
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
Reverb doesn't seem to use lighthouse tracking so it might be a big pain in the butt getting the knuckles to work with it. I don't really know though, so we'll see.
I tried using Vive Wands with WMR in the past and it didn't work that well. There is tracking drift between the two systems: they don't seem to track movement with exactly the same scale, so at least in a larger room they don't stay synced (my play space is 3x4m and at either end the controllers are like 8 inches off their actual position). I suppose, in a smaller room the drift may be small enough to be less obvious.

Still, based on my poor experience and the overall clunkiness of trying to set it up, I would honestly not recommend trying to mix tracking systems, at least not until some sort of official system is devised (which probably won't happen).

That being said, if these WMR controllers have been redesigned to be closer to Oculus Touch then I don't know that they'd be that big of a step down from the Knuckles. I've honestly been rather underwhelmed by my Knuckles. Not saying they're bad (other than having poor durability) but they also weren't as great as they were hyped up to be. The finger tracking is cool, but the ergonomics of the button layout isn't that good due to the inclusion of the unnecessary vestigial touch pad (which is too small to really work that well).

Last edited by Nagorak : Yesterday at 09:26 PM.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #1602
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's a miracle!

I've tested and it's true works on 1660ti and updwards, (anything that has the Turing decoding/encoding hardware).

Dark scenes etc no longer have the compression artifacts, and everything looks much better now .

(copied and pasted for those who don't read the other thread )

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote