Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 15, 2013, 08:28 AM   #8851
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

They are taking BF3 servers down so people get ready for BF4
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:34 AM   #8852
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I quit playing really early in the sp campaign. I decided to fire it back up - Finished the rest of where I left off, and now I'm doing the f16 sequence. I'd forgotten how authentic the game-play can be. Looking forward to delving deeper into the sp campaign. Oh, it runs pretty sweet everything maxed on my tri 680's

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:37 AM   #8853
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Oh, it runs pretty sweet everything maxed on my tri 680's
Also looks great maxxed on my single GTX 570
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 17, 2013, 01:53 PM   #8854
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I was flying chopper, and on a fly-over the enemy mcon, got taken down with a mortar! Unfortunately don't think the guy was recording. First time in almost 700 hours that's happened.
That would have been awesome to see, never heard of such before. But i did get a kill while one was landed near a flag.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 03:27 AM   #8855
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

check out my mad skills

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 03:21 PM   #8856
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post

check out my mad skills
more curious about the music, but you do have some skills.
Fat_Daddy_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 04:57 PM   #8857
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Daddy_Cool View Post
more curious about the music, but you do have some skills.
Be lucky that I happen to have an encyclopedia of music knowledge.

1st song : Virtual Riot ft. Amba Shepherd - Superhuman
2nd song : Tiga & Zyntherius - Sunglasses At Night
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 05:47 PM   #8858
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nicely done, g-a-m-e.. especially that last part .

My aim is terrible in FPS now. The last few games of BF3 I played, I just went for the flag caps.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2013, 06:43 PM   #8859
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

M16
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:11 AM   #8860
Fat_Daddy_Cool
Poundmaker's Descent

Fat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete strangerFat_Daddy_Cool once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post

Awesome thank you
Fat_Daddy_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:29 AM   #8861
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post

me too its called shazam

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2013, 06:44 AM   #8862
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
me too its called shazam
In my case it's called reading the description of the video.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 08:58 AM   #8863
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I really need to at least try the last expansion. Is it any good? The latest maps, are they small or large open areas? I am more of a in your face punch that ***** kinda playa...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:59 PM   #8864
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I really need to at least try the last expansion. Is it any good? The latest maps, are they small or large open areas? I am more of a in your face punch that ***** kinda playa...
end game maps are medium sized with motorbikes, airdrops etc
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:27 AM   #8865
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

so I decided to play some more BF3, before the last expansion I put about 50 hours of gameplay in a 2 month period and played the game without a hitch on overclocked titans 1150mhz core and 6500mhz mem. then quit playing. I downloaded the expansion over night and tried playing today, and the game crashes with dx error every time within minutes of playing single player and multiplayer (driver crash and recover), sat there for like 2 hours backing down the overclock untill it was almost stock clocks, it doesn't crash on default gpu clocks. even tried the older driver that worked previously. what could be the problem, all my other games run flawlessly btw.
anyone know of a workaround to get it to stop crashing, not that I need to run the game overclocked, but that's not the point...
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2013, 10:59 PM   #8866
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
so I decided to play some more BF3, before the last expansion I put about 50 hours of gameplay in a 2 month period and played the game without a hitch on overclocked titans 1150mhz core and 6500mhz mem. then quit playing. I downloaded the expansion over night and tried playing today, and the game crashes with dx error every time within minutes of playing single player and multiplayer (driver crash and recover), sat there for like 2 hours backing down the overclock untill it was almost stock clocks, it doesn't crash on default gpu clocks. even tried the older driver that worked previously. what could be the problem, all my other games run flawlessly btw.
anyone know of a workaround to get it to stop crashing, not that I need to run the game overclocked, but that's not the point...
I had to drop the clock 10mhz on one card (below stock clock). I still get hard locks frequently though.

Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:05 PM   #8867
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Is that Titan OC from factory? It's probably that, if it is. Many people, including myself had this issue where the drivers would stop responding (it actually happened before the expansion) on their GTX 570s and 580s, even in the 600 series with the latest drivers.

The fix I went for, originally, was to downclock the card by 25 Mhz. This worked well but occasionally it would crash once then run fine for a while. Any OC on the card that I did resulted in a quicker crash for me in BF3 (soon as I joined a server). Any other game works fine.

I then pushed it back up to 742Mhz and increased the volts from 1.018 to 1.025 and I have not had a crash since.

I think the real issue is a combination of how the BF3 engine works with Direct X and Nvidia drivers.

Last edited by Megaman : Jun 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2013, 08:16 AM   #8868
H001iGAN
Orzysz

Yea oc from factory and runs fine with that overclock, all other games crysis 1,2,3 metro and LL, skyrim, all games work just fine overclocked to 1150 mhz, even bf3 was flawless before the expansion, I'm going to have to assume BF3 is the problem in this case. Even ran evga oc artifact scanner overnight to check the oc agian. In BF3 if I overclock even by a lousy 10mhz it crahes. Going to try a fresh install.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 10:23 PM   #8869
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Been going through the unlocks for the pump/auto shotties. Man they absolutely liquidate things. Been playing with the M1014 or whatever... I can clear a room of 3+ guys at point blank range without blinking an eye. You do have to be very careful to engage people at close ranges and pick your battles.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:07 PM   #8870
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

finally got service star for all weapons
Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:09 AM   #8871
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
finally got service star for all weapons
Every single weapon?? I've got like 50 stars for the M40A5 alone though

Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:43 AM   #8872
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just started playing again after like a year break. I somehow managed to increase my SPM despite being a little rusty. People are still as bad as they were a year ago.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:23 AM   #8873
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH(SAD) View Post
Just started playing again after like a year break. I somehow managed to increase my SPM despite being a little rusty. People are still as bad as they were a year ago.
yes. the popular thing now though is a bunch of 100s sticking together and dominating pub players.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 05:23 PM   #8874
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Switched to recon but I can't do anything, sucking it up. I like using the semi autos with a PKO ore a holo on there but I just can't seem to hit much with these things and it takes 3 shots to kill unless I get good placement. I keep getting pwnd. Do I just suck at this or should I be using something else? I don't particularly like playing sniper I'd rather be on the move and attack and medium range instead. I use the MK11 when playing USA and L88 when on the Russian side.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 05:33 PM   #8875
wonder squirrel
Godlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Switched to recon but I can't do anything, sucking it up. I like using the semi autos with a PKO ore a holo on there but I just can't seem to hit much with these things and it takes 3 shots to kill unless I get good placement. I keep getting pwnd. Do I just suck at this or should I be using something else? I don't particularly like playing sniper I'd rather be on the move and attack and medium range instead. I use the MK11 when playing USA and L88 when on the Russian side.
Use one of the bolt action rifles with straight pull bolt and 12x scope. Don't try and sit in one spot with it either. Move side to side constantly- in and out of cover. I very rarely go prone while sniping.

Some guys like to camp out with the low magnification scopes to be sneaky, but you can bet if you kill me and I see where you are on the kill cam, your dead.

I like the M416 for Assault, the M4A1 for engineer, the PKP or MP7 for Support, and the M40A5 for Recon (although the JNG gives you more ammo if you like getting away from the action and picking guys off at long range without having to go searching for ammo).
Old Jul 2, 2013, 06:29 PM   #8876
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
PDW are good for close range, so keep that in mind when moving about the map. Silencer is good if you keep moving. Use your mav or t-ugs to show you dorito locations and help you defend an area.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 06:44 PM   #8877
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This game just looks amazing .

The detailed textures, huge environments, number of players on screen..

Slowly improving my skills. Usually in the top 3 players on my team - because of flag caps and reviving fallen soldiers.

Really glad I purchased this game.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2013, 06:56 PM   #8878
H001iGAN
Orzysz

you just purchased this game?, it's on it's last legs, once bf4 comes it's as good as dead
Old Jul 2, 2013, 07:30 PM   #8879
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
you just purchased this game?, it's on it's last legs, once bf4 comes it's as good as dead
BF4 doesn't come out for four months, and you can get plenty of hours out of it until then. Also it's highly unlikely that BF3 will be "Dead" when BF4 launches. Yes, there will be a big drop in player base, but some might return to BF3 and others will just keep on playing. Certainly enough people to get a game in USA for months after BF4.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 07:45 PM   #8880
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
for "raping", sniper rifles is probably the hardest in recon class, shotguns and P90/ASVAL/etc are recommended by me. Use the sensors (TUGS) and spawn beacon to your advantage.