Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:54 AM   #8761
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
I use AN-94. I don't use any macros with it. I could give a **** about anyone who thinks I shouldn't use it. I used it in BFBC2 also. I've yet to run into anyone either that I would even suspect is using a hardware based macro to exploit the weapon. I don't know where you people keep playing that you keep finding such enormous amounts of exploitation and cheating that the only thing you have to talk about the game is that alone.

It's basically the same attitude some one takes against you when you fly planes where they bitch about how you shouldn't. Whatever, f off and go play COD then.
AN94 was god gun in BC2. Like like G36 at the end there... Thank god there is no CLEAR overpowered weapons in BF3 like there was in BC2. Sure there are overpowered assault rifles in BF3, but not to the degree AN94 and M60 and others were in BC2.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 01:00 AM   #8762
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
AN94 was god gun in BC2. Like like G36 at the end there... Thank god there is no CLEAR overpowered weapons in BF3 like there was in BC2. Sure there are overpowered assault rifles in BF3, but not to the degree AN94 and M60 and others were in BC2.
I dunno there have been some stupidly op guns in bf3. They've just done a better job of patching in fixes.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 01:03 AM   #8763
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
I dunno there have been some stupidly op guns in bf3. They've just done a better job of patching in fixes.
Oh maybe. I have been exclusively vehicle wh0ring till very recently, so maybe there were earlier on... Now, save for one or two assualt rifles, it seems fairly well balanced.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 20, 2013, 09:26 PM   #8764
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

aside from a few bugs I think they've done an excellent job of balancing so many weapons.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 05:13 PM   #8765
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

So what gives here. Twice yesterday I ran up to an armored vehicle and put 3 packs of C4 on there. Backed up, hit the switch, and BOOM.

Disabled. But it didn't blow up. This happened with an AA machine and also with a tank.

Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 07:35 PM   #8766
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
So what gives here. Twice yesterday I ran up to an armored vehicle and put 3 packs of C4 on there. Backed up, hit the switch, and BOOM.

Disabled. But it didn't blow up. This happened with an AA machine and also with a tank.

There are 'soft spots'. Back of the vehicle, it should blow with three charges. If you manage to get one to roll over your charges, two should do it.

I am not as practiced at it in BF3 as I was in BF2, or even BFBC2, so numbers will vary from vehicle to vehicle and specialization to specialization.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2013, 07:49 PM   #8767
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:

Is it possible you miscounted and only put 2? I've never seen 3 not destroy something. Weird stuff...
Old Apr 22, 2013, 08:17 PM   #8768
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Don't you read the patch notes? It takes 4 to destroy and 3 to disable now. C4 got nerfed hard core

AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 03:40 AM   #8769
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

was it reactive armor tank?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:05 AM   #8770
Riptide

It may have been a reactive armor tank and AA machine and it may not have been on the soft underside or rear. Still 3 packs of C4 should have been enough regardless. Or so at least has been my impression thus far. Destroyed many a vehicle with just 3, right on the side. Kind of retarded that it would require more than that since you can't carry more than 3 with you unless you have the specialization equipped to carry the extra packs.

I've had reactive armor equipped on a tank and been destroyed numerous times by guys planting charges on the side of the vehicle.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Apr 23, 2013, 04:57 PM   #8771
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
It may have been a reactive armor tank and AA machine and it may not have been on the soft underside or rear. Still 3 packs of C4 should have been enough regardless. Or so at least has been my impression thus far. Destroyed many a vehicle with just 3, right on the side. Kind of retarded that it would require more than that since you can't carry more than 3 with you unless you have the specialization equipped to carry the extra packs.

I've had reactive armor equipped on a tank and been destroyed numerous times by guys planting charges on the side of the vehicle.
yeah you are right. reactive armor or not, 3 c4 should blow up everything. i did hear that reactive armor on AA vehicles is bugged, which is partly the reason for some of the world's best AA players to get 100+ kdr in games, but i don't know how this applies to c4...
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:51 AM   #8772
Riptide

Yeah I don't know what to think about it. If it's some sort of cheat or a bug in the game. Who knows. Either way it's stupid and frustrating when it happens. Usually it ends up with me getting killed because the vehicle is still active even if disabled with me in close proximity. And if I'm out of packs I can't do anything quickly about it to save myself especially if I'm caught in the open.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Apr 24, 2013, 11:56 PM   #8773
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

It has never happened to me. That's gotta be frustrating though... The worst is when I am running behind an oblivious tank, trying to put my C4 on him, and he randomly stops, reverses, and plants track-marks all over my abdomen
Old Apr 28, 2013, 02:09 AM   #8774
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

So much fun running around Death Valley at night and C4ing everything in sight in tank superiority... You really gotta plan all your movements carefully, keeping in mind the sightlines of snipers (that can spot you) and vehicles. This was a great round... Not even sure why I am including the score screenshot since that score isn't THAT crazy, but so much fun...

Old Apr 29, 2013, 08:50 PM   #8775
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

got mah sh*t bucket today. level 100

Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:10 PM   #8776
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

congrats, are you still using jets most of the time? rank 100 jets make me cry
Old Apr 30, 2013, 03:29 AM   #8777
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
congrats, are you still using jets most of the time? rank 100 jets make me cry
no no. really playing a hugely varied mix now (CTF, armored superiority, etc...), got up to about 93 or 94 with almost purely jets... it is funny though, you see the "level 100" tag, and you expect a certain level of proficiency in whatever vehicle or circumstance you catch people in, but it is just interesting to see level 100s struggling in something. the game also has been out for a long time now, and there are some just terrible level 100 or 90s players.
Old May 4, 2013, 01:18 AM   #8778
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

3.6 K/D infantry only master race here....

Vehicles are crutch for bad players

^ old video, i'm even way better than that now ...

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 01:37 AM   #8779
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

is that from a console/gamepad? the movements look so choppy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post

keep telling yourself that.
Old May 4, 2013, 04:12 AM   #8780
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

You better be good at something when you pour 800+ hours into it.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 07:16 AM   #8781
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Word. Honestly, air specifically should do half the damage to infantry as they do now, with half the splash damage radius.
Old May 4, 2013, 07:45 AM   #8782
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
3.6 K/D infantry only master race here....

Vehicles are crutch for bad players ...
Then why buy and play a mp game that is known for vehicles? Help me understand why you are whining about vehicles in bf3 instead of playing a game that has no vehicles and would actually be competitive for you?
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 11:18 AM   #8783
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Then why buy and play a mp game that is known for vehicles? Help me understand why you are whining about vehicles in bf3 instead of playing a game that has no vehicles and would actually be competitive for you?
This is why:

Old May 4, 2013, 12:10 PM   #8784
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
This is why:

thanks bro, that cleared it up.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 06:01 PM   #8785
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
This is why:

Lol

Old May 5, 2013, 03:22 PM   #8786
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Jelly of my fashion sense bro's ?

Here's my BF3 profile

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...ximus_Evander/

*disclaimer, i do not take any responsibility for any butthurt ensuing from viewing my epic profile.
View at own risk

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
Old May 5, 2013, 03:31 PM   #8787
logical
What is my purpose?

Old May 5, 2013, 03:44 PM   #8788
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

Infantry Master Race .

Takes most skill of all, by FAR.

Join any "infantry only Seine Bazaar Metro rotation" server, and you will cry .

You will crawl back to your whatever noob-protection-shell (vehicle) you can find and have to start convincing yourself all over again taht you don't suck

ESPECIALLY jets, rofl

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

Old May 5, 2013, 04:08 PM   #8789
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Not gonna get sucked into this again...
Old May 5, 2013, 04:21 PM   #8790
logical
What is my purpose?

I'm not sure who he's directing his posts at. lol

I'd say though that infantry only TDM is actually easier to get kills cause its all spawn memorization.