Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jul 9, 2004, 10:53 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Let_Me_Live
Radeon R600

Let_Me_Live is still being judged by the masses

Default The final of my STUPID Final Questions!!

Ok people, my last thread (may it rest in peices ) Seemed to die unexpectldly (sp?) on me. Not all of my questions were answered, but most of them were. SO here are the final questions:

1) Ok, my mind has been made up about what type of card im getting. 9800Pro here I come Now, the wuestion is, which brand is best? Some people say certain brands can be softmodded, some oc better etc... plz give me person experience or some info you have found.

2) At my local FutureShop (yes I said the F word), I can get a 9700pro All In Wonder for 299.99. I can also get a 9800pro for 299.99. Both are built by ATI cards. Which one would you suggest?

3) As stated above, my Futureshop has 9800pros (oh yea, these are CDN prices). With GST, and the fact that I would not need to pay shipping, this comes out to about the same price if I ordered one from somewhere in the states, which would convert to $265cdn. Add about $20 for shipping, and GST, and Im at the same price.

4) And the finalie! Would it be wise to use ATI's trade up program? The price would end up the same again as the other prices, but there would be lots of hassle mailing and recieving shipments, as well as I wouldnt have a extra GPU (as said in other post, I want to transfer this new card to a newer comp later on).

And thats it!! Plz help me get over the final stage of my new GPU journey. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let_Me_Live
*flexes e-penis...* wait a minute... oh I dont have one

Sometimes I have the most horrible dreams. Or maybe they are real. Do dead men dream?
Let_Me_Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:12 PM   #2
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

get the 9800pro you say there, BBAs are basically the same thing as sapphires in ati packages ( they are made on the same factory)
the HIS radeons come with vga silencer
the bbas have a really crappy HSF(the new ones with the r360 core)

its your choice, but seems like the one you mention would be the easier one
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:28 PM   #3
bratboy
Beta Harlot

bratboy is still being judged by the masses

I'd say don't use the trade up program unless you have an old junk card. Think they give $50 credit no matter what card you send in.
bratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:39 PM   #4
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

yup, giving your card away for 50 bucks is not worth it, you can sell it for more
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:50 PM   #5
Let_Me_Live
Radeon R600

Let_Me_Live is still being judged by the masses

kool. Ok that works. I guess I will grab the one from my Futureshop. Its a BBA, but Ill get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let_Me_Live
*flexes e-penis...* wait a minute... oh I dont have one

Sometimes I have the most horrible dreams. Or maybe they are real. Do dead men dream?
Let_Me_Live is offline   Reply With Quote