Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 2, 2011, 08:16 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Serotonin
Lacking details

Serotonin is still being judged by the masses

Default Anyone know of an Ipad substitute tablet 9" long or better

I need the length of the screen to be 8 to 10 inches long and 4.5 to 5 inches wide or better.

This Tablet would be used strictly for comic book viewing - digitally. Which is why as nice as the ipad sounds, spending $500 for essentially a comic reader seems crazy. Though I'd probably download some of these interesting games hitting the istore like rage, doom 3 and the upcoming dead space.

Figured I'd see if anyone knew of a cheaper solution with the same measurements.

7 inches is too small (that's what she said) for what I need. I need at least an incher.
Serotonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 09:58 PM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Wait until this week at CES, Motorola is going to be announcing a 10" Android Honeycomb tablet that will 100% outspec the iPad.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:58 PM   #3
jtpeace
hear in the quiet

jtpeace is still being judged by the masses

Default there are a number of choices right now...

If you're just wanting a comic reader (and light browsing/email) you could look at the Archos 70 (7 inch multi-touch capacitive screen) or Archos 101 (10.1 inch screen). Don't discount 7 inch screens too quickly. The comics you want to read may scale really well depending on the reader you choose (though I do understand your desire for more screen real-estate).

The Motorola should be an awesome tablet, no doubt, but it'll likely cost as much as an iPad, and likely won't be available until sometime between March and June (if that soon).

The Archos tablets will run you about $275ish to $350ish, and seem to be about the mid-range devices. The Samsung Galaxy Tab is another really nice device, but in my opinion it's over-priced as is (and if you don't want 3G then you're paying for functionality you don't want on top of that)

Elysian makes a good point about waiting to hear what's coming out of CES, but again most of the devices announced there won't be released until spring at the earliest. So, if you're wanting something now, perhaps to "tide you over" until the next generation of tablets hit the streets, I would recommend you look at the Archos line. Also, there is a dual core (Nvidia Tegra 2) tablet out there -- Elocity A7 (7 inch...$350 bucks, though I hear you can find it for $299). While it has nice system specs, the manufacturer seems to have cheaped out on the screen a little...it's not true multi-touch, though it is capacitive. It may suit your needs really well and it certainly has some horsepower behind it.

Best of luck on your search.

Last edited by jtpeace : Jan 2, 2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: added a thought
jtpeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:02 PM   #4
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

By the time those announced tablets are being pushed out to retail, the iPad 2 will probably be out. With most likely, just as good specs(or at least comparable) as the newer tablets.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:13 AM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
By the time those announced tablets are being pushed out to retail, the iPad 2 will probably be out. With most likely, just as good specs(or at least comparable) as the newer tablets.
I doubt they'll be as good, specs wise. Apple evolves, going dual core would be a massive change in one generation.

Also, 7 inches is just not enough for a tablet...
Old Jan 3, 2011, 01:19 AM   #6
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I said at least comparable, at least in terms of real world performance for sure.

Old Jan 3, 2011, 06:47 AM   #7
jtpeace
hear in the quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I doubt they'll be as good, specs wise. Apple evolves, going dual core would be a massive change in one generation.

Also, 7 inches is just not enough for a tablet...
I don't fully agree with you regarding tablet size. In terms of portability, there's something nice (in my opinion) about being able to hold a tablet in the palm of your hand. I would agree, though, that for "couch surfing/reading" a 10 inch screen is much nicer to have. But, if you're "on the go", it seems to me that a smaller device is pretty nice to have...however that's just a personal preference. (In fact in terms of real portability, I would love to see a really nice 5 inch device. Too bad the Dell Streak is taking forever to get updated to Froyo (at least here in Canada). Though I wouldn't want the Streak anyway, since I don't want phone/3G in a tablet, but again that's personal preference)
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:32 AM   #8
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Coming from Motorola though it'll be built like a frickin' tank. I've played with the Archos tablets before and while cool felt kinda cheap to me. I've had a motorola phone in the past and the wife has one now. We also both had LG phones too and she's had a few more. Build quality of the Motorola was well above the rest.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:15 AM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtpeace View Post
I don't fully agree with you regarding tablet size. In terms of portability, there's something nice (in my opinion) about being able to hold a tablet in the palm of your hand. I would agree, though, that for "couch surfing/reading" a 10 inch screen is much nicer to have. But, if you're "on the go", it seems to me that a smaller device is pretty nice to have...however that's just a personal preference. (In fact in terms of real portability, I would love to see a really nice 5 inch device. Too bad the Dell Streak is taking forever to get updated to Froyo (at least here in Canada). Though I wouldn't want the Streak anyway, since I don't want phone/3G in a tablet, but again that's personal preference)
I got to use the Galaxy Tab recently, 7" sucks.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:47 PM   #10
jtpeace
hear in the quiet

Quote:
I got to use the Galaxy Tab recently, 7" sucks.
I bought a Galaxy Tab, and I disagree with you. You are stating an opinion as though it were a fact...I did return the Tab, though. Not because of the size...I just couldn't justify the price. Personally, I really like the 7" form factor (though Android needs to be updated to handle higher resolution screens better....apparently coming in Gingerbread.)

I agree with ASCI that the Archos tablets are a little cheap-ish, but if the OP just wants to read comics, then I think the 101 will do a good job for him. I also agree that the Motorola tablet will likely be awesome, but I think it's awesomeness will be reflected in a high price on it...have to wait and see, of course.

Last edited by jtpeace : Jan 3, 2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 01:25 PM   #11
Serotonin
Lacking details

The archos website is out of the 101's, do any 3rd party sites sell their products that may have it in stock, that 10.1 inch screen sounds nice.

7" is just waaaaaaay too small for comics, the box art is fine, but the bubble dialogue is just too small to read. If 7' were enough I'd of bought a nook color and called it a day.

The ipad is 9.7' I may just go ahead and buy it, I can play games too and what not, just hate to get apple, I was hoping to get a 9" tablet with windows 7 or android as those have much better community program based support for comic viewers.

I mean, if I go with the ipad, I'll end up using it for other things, but I'm mainly looking for a comic reader and trying to avoid paying $500 and essentially being forced into using it for other stuff to feel I justified the price.

There's a really sweet 10.1 inch viewsonic tablet that was apparently taken off the shelves of staples for being a pos, and I was so close to deciding on that one
Old Jan 3, 2011, 01:36 PM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Try Amazon for the Archos 101... I haven't checked yet but they carry Archos products.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 02:10 PM   #13
jtpeace
hear in the quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAg Of FuRy View Post
The archos website is out of the 101's, do any 3rd party sites sell their products that may have it in stock, that 10.1 inch screen sounds nice.
Tiger Direct seems to have them in stock:

8GB

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...609&CatId=6845

16 GB

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...610&CatId=6845

Do a little reading on various forums before pulling the trigger, though. Also there are some decent reviews on youtube. For the price, Archos does seem like a good choice, but it *is* limited in terms of memory and system storage (for apps). People seem pretty pissed at Archos. You'll also have to do a little upgrading on your own (I believe it ships with Android 2.1, but there is an update to 2.2 available). If you want the google market (which I think you would to get a decent comic reader), you'll also have to side load that yourself (lots of instructions on how to do it online).

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the 101 myself, but I may hold off until after CES...but the draw to get one now is strong...lol.

Best of luck in your search.

Last edited by jtpeace : Jan 3, 2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added second link
Old Jan 3, 2011, 03:21 PM   #14
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Let me break it down for you as I have used the iPad and own the Galaxy Tab.

The 9.7" of the iPad, is ideal for sitting at the couch really. Anything past that and it's just too big. It is also a heavy device so holding it with one hand is kind of out of the question.

The 7" Galaxy Tab is the perfect size to take anywhere and use anywhere. It's compact, light and can fit in a jacket pocket, purse or back pocket of your jeans. iPad is not as mobile as the Tab, because of size and weight...

I think anything smaller then 7" is too small for a tablet and anything around the size of 10" is too large.

The only main benefit of the larger screen is the fact that web pages in desktop format show up better.

If you want to use your iPad/Tab for reading, the Tab is the better choice.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 05:26 PM   #15
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

You can get a Viewsonic G tablet at office depot for cheap. The stock rom that comes with it is just horrid, but the hardware is VERY nice and xda developers have great rom builds for this tablet that makes it shine. Check out the youtube vids. I seriously considered getting one; heck still do!

I read the Huyos (spelling?) tablet at best buy is actually pretty decent and its very cheap. Archos has other 10 inch tablets too that are under $200 that work well.

As for form factor I actually like 5". Yes call me crazy. I love my Dell for reading books. I did find 7 inch just a little odd -- then again I like 5" Dell streak When I was holding the Galaxy tab I just wanted more screen. Overall I think 10 is the right fit.
Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming |Ryzen R7 2700X |16GB DDRR DRAM 3000 |MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB | 6TB NVMe/HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro / OpenSuse
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 07:49 PM   #16
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
The 9.7" of the iPad, is ideal for sitting at the couch really. Anything past that and it's just too big. It is also a heavy device so holding it with one hand is kind of out of the question.
For who, a 5yr old? Seriously, it's not heavy at all. I can hold it in one hand for an hour or more at a time while I read a book on it and use the internet. It only weighs 1.6lbs.

It's a great device and quite flexible. Only time I can see the size being an issue is if someone wants an even smaller device to conceal it or stow it away easier. I just put mine in the Apple binder/case and carry it around like that. I've taken it all over with no problems.

I feel it's the perfect size. Any larger and it would defeat the point. Any smaller and I wouldn't like it. I only wish the screen were higher resolution.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 07:54 PM   #17
Serotonin
Lacking details

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmt View Post
You can get a Viewsonic G tablet at office depot for cheap. The stock rom that comes with it is just horrid, but the hardware is VERY nice and xda developers have great rom builds for this tablet that makes it shine. Check out the youtube vids. I seriously considered getting one; heck still do!

I read the Huyos (spelling?) tablet at best buy is actually pretty decent and its very cheap. Archos has other 10 inch tablets too that are under $200 that work well.

As for form factor I actually like 5". Yes call me crazy. I love my Dell for reading books. I did find 7 inch just a little odd -- then again I like 5" Dell streak When I was holding the Galaxy tab I just wanted more screen. Overall I think 10 is the right fit.
Office Depot is still charging $399.99 for them I'm on the fence about that one.

I did just go to my aunt's house tonight, she has an ipad, I brought my laptop over that I've been reading comics on which scree-wise is nice, but Im sick of lugging it around - I can say the ipad would be perfect for comics. So if I can find a tablet with that exact screen size for cheaper it'd be

Otherwise, I'll have to bite the bullet and get an ipad in about a month.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:08 PM   #18
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Office Depot is still charging $399.99 for them I'm on the fence about that one.

I did just go to my aunt's house tonight, she has an ipad, I brought my laptop over that I've been reading comics on which scree-wise is nice, but Im sick of lugging it around - I can say the ipad would be perfect for comics. So if I can find a tablet with that exact screen size for cheaper it'd be

Otherwise, I'll have to bite the bullet and get an ipad in about a month.
If your going to have to bite the bullet in a month, might as well wait for the iPad 2 a month or so after that.

Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:18 PM   #19
Serotonin
Lacking details

is the ipad 2 really hitting stores that soon? And then there's the bs sellout's since companies like nintendo and apple like to purposely under produce an item to create more interest - people want what they can't have, I don't feel like waiting a year for it when it's basically going to be a comic reader, I don't really need all the latest tech, just a nice screen and I was really impressed with the ipads screen.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:21 PM   #20
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I didn't think iPad 2 was going to be released till at least April. At least that's what I read everywhere. I can't wait for that one...assuming they actually do a retina display on it or at least something higher resolution than the current screen. If they don't do that...not sure there is anything in it for me over the current iPad.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:26 PM   #21
logical
What is my purpose?

Yeah, probably early April it will be released. But since hes waiting a month(next month is Feb) and one more month more(March) and April is here.

No one knows what the specs are for the new iPad, but it will probably be marginally better. At least you know youre secure for at least a year more on the Apple side of things.

But if you really dont care like you said, just pick one up as soon as you can.

Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:31 PM   #22
Serotonin
Lacking details

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I didn't think iPad 2 was going to be released till at least April. At least that's what I read everywhere. I can't wait for that one...assuming they actually do a retina display on it or at least something higher resolution than the current screen. If they don't do that...not sure there is anything in it for me over the current iPad.
from everything I've read ipad2 seems like a refined ipad with no HUGE changes. But I guess we'll see.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:39 PM   #23
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
from everything I've read ipad2 seems like a refined ipad with no HUGE changes. But I guess we'll see.
Yeah, I'm sure they will add a camera...but probably no huge changes beyond that. There is speculation of a higher resolution display...but that could be hoping for a bit too much. We will see!!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:44 PM   #24
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure they will add a camera...but probably no huge changes beyond that. There is speculation of a higher resolution display...but that could be hoping for a bit too much. We will see!!
Hopefully something 16:9, not that it matters cause I wouldnt buy one unless I was filthy rich.

Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:00 PM   #25
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming |Ryzen R7 2700X |16GB DDRR DRAM 3000 |MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB | 6TB NVMe/HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro / OpenSuse
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.

Last edited by jimmt : Jan 3, 2011 at 10:04 PM.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:14 PM   #26
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Hopefully something 16:9, not that it matters cause I wouldnt buy one unless I was filthy rich.

Considering they released 3 generations of the iPhone that were basically minor bumps in specs before they really changed anything, I wouldn't hold my breath on the iPad 2 being more than a specs bump with minor changes. Doubt it'll have a higher rest screen and I'm pretty certain it'll be the exact same dimensions, it's Apple after all.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:29 PM   #27
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Considering they released 3 generations of the iPhone that were basically minor bumps in specs before they really changed anything, I wouldn't hold my breath on the iPad 2 being more than a specs bump with minor changes. Doubt it'll have a higher rest screen and I'm pretty certain it'll be the exact same dimensions, it's Apple after all.
You're too much doom and gloom for me on anything you don't approve of, man. I'll just keep my hopes up!

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:30 PM   #28
logical
What is my purpose?

Heres to wishful thinking... I could care less though... not like Id buy one if it were everything I wanted it to be.

Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:36 PM   #29
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
You're too much doom and gloom for me on anything you don't approve of, man. I'll just keep my hopes up!
Track record! Like all of us on Forza with the track record for bumping!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:12 AM   #30
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
For who, a 5yr old? Seriously, it's not heavy at all. I can hold it in one hand for an hour or more at a time while I read a book on it and use the internet. It only weighs 1.6lbs.

It's a great device and quite flexible. Only time I can see the size being an issue is if someone wants an even smaller device to conceal it or stow it away easier. I just put mine in the Apple binder/case and carry it around like that. I've taken it all over with no problems.

I feel it's the perfect size. Any larger and it would defeat the point. Any smaller and I wouldn't like it. I only wish the screen were higher resolution.
I can type text messages with one hand on my Tab, can you do that with an iPad? No. It's simply too big, not to mention it doesn't send texts ... Trying to hit any of the keys in the middle of the device is very difficult. Unless you have very very large hands? I'm 6'3" and it's cumbersome. Also, Galaxy Tab is 0.85lbs.

I hear it from other iPad owners that it's big and heavy. Not saying everyone thinks that, but there are owners who think that after using it for some time.

Quote:
when iPad 2 comes out I bet it will have face time and...... I can't really think of what else they could do with it unless they change the hardware, which I doubt they will. They may make it smaller but I really doubt that.

Last edited by shoman24v : Jan 4, 2011 at 12:18 AM.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote