Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 11, 2018, 01:56 PM   #391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Im fine with everything except limiting ammo. 9/10 times I die because I have no ammo and Im deep in enemy territory. Yeah downed enemies drop ammo but you cant just go run to bodies that you just killed out in a field behind enemy lines. One of the most important things is suppressive fire and thats just not viable at all here. You suppress and youre out of ammo you might as well kill yourself.

I really just want BF4 with better visuals.
Weird, That was one of the things I liked about it. Having to be tactical about when you where going to shoot, rather than going in all guns blazing.
I guess that's where the problem is, You can't please everyone.
16GB Corsair DDR4 , SSD 850 evo /480gb SSD Vertex 2/ 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2018, 02:44 PM   #392
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Weird, That was one of the things I liked about it. Having to be tactical about when you where going to shoot, rather than going in all guns blazing.
Being tactical is fine and works until you run out of ammo. Im not going in there just shooting to shoot.. Im shooting at and killing people. Just when Im done I am now a sitting duck with nothing to fight with. You can only do so much with 2/3 of the max ammo.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2018, 03:01 PM   #393
aop
Radeon Caribbean Islands

aop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
That tactical excuse is total bullshit. Much more realistic WW2 games like Red Orchestra 2 have automatic riflemen and submachine gunners equipped with plenty of ammo.

If you Google for German MP40 or STG-44 soldiers you'll see that MP40 and STG-44 mags come in pouches of three and the soldier is equipped with either one pouch (3+1 magazines) or two pouches (6+1 magazines).

In case of this dumpster fire of a game the devs and the publisher have no ****ing idea what they are doing anymore.
aop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 11, 2018, 04:11 PM   #394
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Im fine with everything except limiting ammo. 9/10 times I die because I have no ammo and Im deep in enemy territory. Yeah downed enemies drop ammo but you cant just go run to bodies that you just killed out in a field behind enemy lines. One of the most important things is suppressive fire and thats just not viable at all here. You suppress and youre out of ammo you might as well kill yourself.
Real life problems.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2018, 04:43 PM   #395
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

what are the maximum ammo numbers in this ?

a lot of the shooters your carrying more than your body weight in ammo

put a 1000 rounds of 7.62 in your backpack and go on a all day hike
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2018, 04:50 PM   #396
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Real life problems.
In a video game that isnt particularly realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

Obviously varies by gun. But for the Assault class(whatever gun it comes with) has a max ammo count of 90ish bullets but you only spawn with 60. Its the same for Medic with spawn ammo count. You spawn with roughly 60% of max ammo count.

Old Sep 11, 2018, 05:06 PM   #397
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

battlefield used to be more of a simulator in the past but now it's just too unrealistic...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2018, 07:27 PM   #398
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Think you started with 2 clips of 32, then could pick up another from supplies or dead solders. So 96 bullets. Which as long as you where not stood in one spot I found was ample. As you collected ammo automatically as you went over bodies.
16GB Corsair DDR4 , SSD 850 evo /480gb SSD Vertex 2/ 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2018, 07:32 PM   #399
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
In a video game that isnt particularly realistic.

Obviously varies by gun. But for the Assault class(whatever gun it comes with) has a max ammo count of 90ish bullets but you only spawn with 60. Its the same for Medic with spawn ammo count. You spawn with roughly 60% of max ammo count.

ok yes that is a little lite
guys dropped into ww2 with a lot more than that
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:14 PM   #400
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Start ammo is a valid complaint. But gays game plays solid. You just need to adapt to it before bitching like the whiny bitches you are.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:36 PM   #401
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Start ammo is a valid complaint. But gays game plays solid. You just need to adapt to it before bitching like the whiny bitches you are.
No, you need to stop taking it like a bitch.

Old Sep 12, 2018, 01:10 AM   #402
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
false

not going to put up with crap gameplay. BFV isn't crap but i'm really not sure the game is moving in the right direction. if i want to play a slower paced tactical shooter i play RO2 or Post Scriptum, not BFV. I play BFV for fast-paced mindless shooting on big maps with vehicles, and this release is moving away from that
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2018, 01:31 PM   #403
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I play BFV for fast-paced mindless shooting on big maps with vehicles..
This, no point in getting if they're making a COD clone with Battle Royale added in.

yoz
Old Sep 12, 2018, 02:08 PM   #404
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
This, no point in getting if they're making a COD clone with Battle Royale added in.
You guys said the exact opposite thing.

He said they were slowing the game down, and you agreed with him saying they are speeding it up (COD clone). Call of Duty has always been much, much faster paced than any Battlefield game. Call of Duty is just a brainless run and gun shooter. I've never seen Battlefield games in that way..there is actually a bit of strategy. Or, there was...
Old Sep 12, 2018, 03:49 PM   #405
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
You guys said the exact opposite thing.

He said they were slowing the game down, and you agreed with him saying they are speeding it up (COD clone). Call of Duty has always been much, much faster paced than any Battlefield game. Call of Duty is just a brainless run and gun shooter. I've never seen Battlefield games in that way..there is actually a bit of strategy. Or, there was...
I see what you mean but I meant to agree that BF is about large maps with vehicles and no small, COD type maps.

yoz
Old Sep 12, 2018, 04:40 PM   #406
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
I see what you mean but I meant to agree that BF is about large maps with vehicles and no small, COD type maps.
Ah, agreed!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 08:53 PM   #407
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Just FYI, here are the things that will not available at launch for BFV
  • Firestorm mode (Battle Royale)
  • Visual customisation of vehicles
  • Co-op mode
  • Soldier dragging
  • Sea Vehicles
Maybe they'll have the game finished by ~May 2019
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:08 PM   #408
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

You can customize vehicles now?

How does that work?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:33 PM   #409
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

How does that work?
visual.... lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:51 PM   #410
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

How does that work?
Same way that was in BF1 and .. I think BF4? Just skins. Visual stuff
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2018, 01:49 AM   #411
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am more for infantry combat so the demo was up to my expectations.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2018, 04:07 AM   #412
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

At first I hated the ammo situation but by the end of the beta I loved it. After stocking up at spawn, you basically have enough to capture the next flag, at which point you load up again. I think it really improved the flow of the game. If everyone had loads of ammo it would be camper central.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 05:54 AM   #413
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Just FYI, here are the things that will not available at launch for BFV
  • Firestorm mode (Battle Royale)
  • Visual customisation of vehicles
  • Co-op mode
  • Soldier dragging
  • Sea Vehicles
Maybe they'll have the game finished by ~May 2019
What are the chances those won't be Paid DLC/Microtransactions?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:11 AM   #414
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Same way that was in BF1 and .. I think BF4? Just skins. Visual stuff
Ah, I see. I did play BF4 and don't remember that at all. Never really played BF1.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:30 AM   #415
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Ah, I see. I did play BF4 and don't remember that at all. Never really played BF1.
There were a ton of weapon and vehicle skins and you got a box to open every level.

I really dont care about vehicle customization but they seem to be dropping the ball on this release. Its looking more and more like I am going to skip this iteration as well. Looks like 2 BFs in a row I will miss. Maybe they will go back to vietnam in 2 years and Ill get on that train.

Old Sep 13, 2018, 01:06 PM   #416
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Maybe they will go back to vietnam in 2 years and Ill get on that train.
That or 2143....

yoz
Old Sep 14, 2018, 03:44 AM   #417
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Maybe they will go back to vietnam in 2 years and Ill get on that train.
If you think DICE is going to go back and took what made 3/4 or earlier incarnations good and fun, you will be disappointed.

It's not eSports or COD enough for today's gamers.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2018, 07:45 AM   #418
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm considering getting BF1 for 5e since premium was free. Not sure if its stupid since BFV is so close but 5e is so cheap...

My "consideration" is about playtime needed to unlock stuff. When i play BF3/4 today i just join a game a enjoy myself, I have all my stuff unlocked and dont need to "grind". If i get BF1 i might only get to enjoy grinding and suddenly BFV is out and BF1 dies..
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2018, 07:50 AM   #419
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Unlocks are BS. Give everyone what they need to compete from the start imho. Who cares about rank? Pwn the server damn it, that's your rank.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 08:05 AM   #420
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm not a fan of unlocks on vehicles, I wish they would remove that.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote