Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 20, 2018, 01:04 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

New video was definitely the best one, but my excitement levels are still about 2/10.

They should have had a public beta by now. BO4 had one and they'll probably have a Battle Royale beta before BF5 has a regular beta. BF5 is shaping up to be another DICE game that's rushed to completion. I wouldn't be surprised if it's as buggy as BF4.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 01:09 AM   #272
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

The pre-orders news honestly doesn't surprise me.

I haven't felt this apathetic about a Battlefield game since I first got into the franchise way back during the Battlefield 1942 Wake Island beta/demo.

I think a big part of the problem is that there's such a significant lack of exciting additions.

The graphics have barely been improved, if at all, and on the gameplay side of things it's more about shifting towards realism than it is introducing cool new features. Yes, we do have the construction system (which is incredibly lackluster) and squad call-ins, but these are nowhere near enough to make the game feel fresh or interesting for those of us who've played this franchise for so many years.

When you compare it to past Battlefield games, it just feels like a soulless misstep.

For example:
  • Bad Company 2 introduced incredible destruction that completely changed the way we played.
  • Battlefield 3 brought back Battlefield 2's large scale and 64-player count.
  • Battlefield 4 kicked it up a notch with even larger scale, Levolution, and the return of Commanders.
  • Battlefield 1 gave us an awesome WW1 setting with loads of new gameplay features we'd never seen before: Cavalry, Elites, and Behemoths. It also introduced Operations, easily the most significant new mode since Bad Company 2's Rush.

Battlefield V's additions just don't seem nearly as exciting or interesting in comparison to those games. If the construction system were actually flexible and had more of an impact on the game, and the squad call-ins weren't so limited, maybe I'd feel differently. I also couldn't possibly care less about the Royale mode, which is blatantly shoehorned in to capitalize on the PUBG/Fortnite fad.

Most damning of all, I haven't once felt like I'm playing a WW2 shooter in these alpha tests. BF V feels like a game with no identity, like it doesn't know what it wants to be. I'm not even sure DICE knows at this point.

Last edited by Chubz : Aug 20, 2018 at 01:20 AM.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 02:50 AM   #273
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I finally watched a video explaining all the controversy around this game. And it didn’t even have a single comment about gameplay. Wtf. These ****ing SJW idiots on the internet. My only issue with the game are animations. I played BF1 yesterday after ages and was pleasantly surprised to see the gunplay, the urgency and intensity of action. I think BFV seems to have it but will have to wait and see. I also found out that I am getting too old and my reflexes aren’t what they used to be. I get headaches while playing COD WW2 on PS4. Same was the case in BF1 yesterday. Damn.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 20, 2018, 09:12 AM   #274
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I dont know if anyone else mentioned this but pre-order numbers are probably down as well because of EA access/EA Premiere. I have EA premiere access for Madden and will probably keep it for another month or two to let it roll into battlefield. Ill probably end up playing it for about a month but I dont intend to plunk down 60 for it ever.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 09:30 AM   #275
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Same here. I haven't played the Alpha, but there is nothing about this game that gets me even remotely excited.
Seconded.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 09:30 AM   #276
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm looking forward to this title, but I ain't gonna lie- Post Scriptum has me by the short and curlies.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 02:14 PM   #277
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I finally watched a video explaining all the controversy around this game. And it didn’t even have a single comment about gameplay. Wtf. These ****ing SJW idiots on the internet. My only issue with the game are animations. I played BF1 yesterday after ages and was pleasantly surprised to see the gunplay, the urgency and intensity of action. I think BFV seems to have it but will have to wait and see. I also found out that I am getting too old and my reflexes aren’t what they used to be. I get headaches while playing COD WW2 on PS4. Same was the case in BF1 yesterday. Damn.
I now have 100 service stars with the m1903 Springfield marksman lol. Top 50 on pc
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2018, 02:19 PM   #278
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Most damning of all, I haven't once felt like I'm playing a WW2 shooter in these alpha tests. BF V feels like a game with no identity, like it doesn't know what it wants to be. I'm not even sure DICE knows at this point.
Again it's just an alpha map... I get what you are saying though... I think the map is just a horrible representation of the game. It's so boring

BTW the open beta starts Sept 6
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Aug 21, 2018, 01:32 AM   #279
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
I'm looking forward to this title, but I ain't gonna lie- Post Scriptum has me by the short and curlies.
Thanks for this post.

Just got the game today and freaking LOVE it!!!!!

What a fun game. Love the chatting back and forth. Working together for objectives.

It's everything that BF isn't and I totally love it.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2018, 02:09 AM   #280
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Analyst predicts EA's 'Battlefield V' will be a 'serious disappointment,' says preorders lag 'Call of Duty' by more than 85%

Cowen believes EA’s “Battlefield V” game may put the company's financial guidance at risk.

The firm's analyst said preorders for “Battlefield V” are tracking more than 85 percent behind “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4,” which is substantially worse than previous instances.

“Battlefield 3” and “Battlefield 4” titles lagged “Call of Duty” by about 20 percent to 40 percent and “Battlefield 1” actually tracked ahead of “Call of Duty” at this point before launch.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/cowe...re-orders.html
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2018, 03:40 AM   #281
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Analyst predicts EA's 'Battlefield V' will be a 'serious disappointment,' says preorders lag 'Call of Duty' by more than 85%

Cowen believes EA’s “Battlefield V” game may put the company's financial guidance at risk.

The firm's analyst said preorders for “Battlefield V” are tracking more than 85 percent behind “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4,” which is substantially worse than previous instances.

“Battlefield 3” and “Battlefield 4” titles lagged “Call of Duty” by about 20 percent to 40 percent and “Battlefield 1” actually tracked ahead of “Call of Duty” at this point before launch.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/cowe...re-orders.html
Good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2018, 04:43 AM   #282
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Once again, the map design is everything in these games. I hope that the maps are actually designed for 64 players this time, however I feel that is hoping for the impossible.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 09:11 AM   #283
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm surprised that bo4 isn't suffering from really low preorders too, that game felt like it got rebooted 1 or 2 months before the open beta.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2018, 12:04 PM   #284
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
Once again, the map design is everything in these games. I hope that the maps are actually designed for 64 players this time, however I feel that is hoping for the impossible.
What makes you say that maps in BF1 were not designed for 64 players... wtf?
Old Aug 22, 2018, 04:21 AM   #285
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

Quote:
What makes you say that maps in BF1 were not designed for 64 players... wtf?
Well, the maps are still overall much smaller than the maps in BF2 and 2142. A handful of the BF4 maps were ok, but a lot of them were too open. You either get really open maps where you can basically snipe from one side to the other, or really crampt maps with bottlenecks. They can't seem to actually design decent maps these days.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 05:05 AM   #286
KAC
That postcount though...

I don't agree at all with this statement. If you have played BF1 and also BF4 then you would know that this is completely false. The maps are actually the right size in both games. Plus you cannot snipe from one end of the map to the other. I honestly do not know which games you have been playing. Only thing that feels small are the air components of both games but I have seen some crazy dogfights in that as well.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 07:04 PM   #287
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I don't agree at all with this statement. If you have played BF1 and also BF4 then you would know that this is completely false. The maps are actually the right size in both games. Plus you cannot snipe from one end of the map to the other. I honestly do not know which games you have been playing. Only thing that feels small are the air components of both games but I have seen some crazy dogfights in that as well.
This is spot on. I will add: any maps that have open areas, that allow a sniper to shoot you, means you are not using the proper tactics to combat the open area. In other words, don't just run out in the open areas like a complete tool allowing a sniper to just pick you off. NONE of the maps in either game allow for map wide sniper domination.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2018, 03:40 AM   #288
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

Quote:
Well, the fact is even the biggest maps in BF3 / BF4 / BF1 are 30-40% smaller than the maps in BF2 / 2142 so with that in mind you are always going to have more players clustered together, particularly when the newer maps are so much more narrower and linear in design.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 03:49 AM   #289
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I honestly think most maps in BF1 are well suited to 64 players. Sure, there's a couple that are not.

BTW, #11 global all platforms with RSC bishes.. Yeh, I'll sign it if you want :P
Old Aug 23, 2018, 08:49 PM   #290
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Most maps in BF1 were pretty great honestly. There are some exceptionally great maps that I would love to see make a comeback in later BF games too.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2018, 09:13 PM   #291
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I honestly think most maps in BF1 are well suited to 64 players. Sure, there's a couple that are not.

BTW, #11 global all platforms with RSC bishes.. Yeh, I'll sign it if you want :P
Im 79th global with m1903 marksman
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:28 PM   #292
KAC
That postcount though...

Gays I am 50,000 global player. Eat my dick.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:45 PM   #293
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I’m your mothers number 1 player!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:37 AM   #294
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Oh by the way, if you don't like BF V you are a racist, xenophobic, misogynist hate monger. Oh and uneducated too, maga hat and everything.

Greetings from Angry Joe.

Honestly though, he has gone off the deep end and there's no coming back from that.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:40 AM   #295
KAC
That postcount though...

I think you went off the deep end if you watch Angry Joe's bullshit.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:47 AM   #296
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I think you went off the deep end if you watch Angry Joe's bullshit.
Your mother went off on the deep end if you know what I mean.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2018, 01:10 AM   #297
Evileh

Quote:
Hahaha ****ing get gud
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Aug 25, 2018, 01:30 AM   #298
KAC
That postcount though...

**** it. Preordered on PC. Evileh, seriosbrad and some other gays get ready to spend sometime with me in this game.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 01:41 AM   #299
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

Quote:
**** it. Preordered on PC.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 02:02 AM   #300
KAC
That postcount though...

Game looks good actually. I don’t mind it so I bought it.