Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Feb 17, 2001, 03:50 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Squirt

Squirt is still being judged by the masses

Question

My first post!!!
Bought this great card a month ago, installed the CD drivers initially things worked allright (not as great I had imagined) Started looking for driver updates, installed the 7075's, few issues, everything worked great but again, not what I expected.

Well, the 7078's came out installed them (yes I removed the old ones, regedit(deleted everything that had ATI in it), etc, etc). Perfomance sucked, framerate in games were barely marginable; couldn't figure it out. Out of frustration, I went to Glsetup.com and installed the drivers from there to see what would happen. I was resigned at that point to reformat drive reinstall everything from scrtach with the the 7078's. GLsetup installed 3041's or something. Perfomance sucked. Was second guessing the card at this point. Anyway I removed the 3041's, everything including the standard VGA driver. At that point I attempted to re-install drivers from the ATI CD, but it stated I had to re-install the VGA driver first. Attmepted to do that but when I did it was looking for a specific ATI dll which I could only find, and here is the kicker, in the GLSETUP backup directory that had all the 7078 stuff in it when Glsetup installed the 3041's. I directed the VGA driver installtion to that GLSETUP back-up directory for the ATI dll it was looking for. Before I knew it I had reinstalled the 7078's out of this GLSETUP back-up directory.

Now the card rocks !!!!! (40fps in FS2000 (D3d) maxed out, 150FPS in X-Plane (OpenGL), 5208 in 3Dmark) I'm scared to change anything know!!!

Thats what I basicaly did. Could be unique to my setup or system. It somehow worked for me. I think I'll keep the card.....:-)
Old Feb 17, 2001, 10:19 PM   #2
euan
Radeon Arctic Islands

euan is still being judged by the masses

Talking

Hello!

Welcome!

If you've got winme its a pain in the ass to install the radeon. After a while the install problems go away, its just your in the getting to know your Radeon stage! I tend to just install the driver on top of the old one, just replacing the files, that way nothing is "removed", just "renewed".

Hope you have a good time here, you'll have lots of fun watching the nvidia trolls coming in and getting a beating

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music...." -- - Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation, Inc, 1989