Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:44 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default CNETs top ten terrible tech products

Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:04 AM   #2
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfowler View Post
Lawl.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:14 AM   #3
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

For Vista to be on that list is pretty laughable...

But I do remember that Apple Puck mouse, I HATED it!

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:26 AM   #4
Dem2k
Radeon Sea Islands

Dem2k is still being judged by the masses

Barcode Battler, lol that could of been my old one I remember selling it on car boot. What a peice of junk, not one of my parents best gifts as a child
Dem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:58 AM   #5
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutzon View Post
For Vista to be on that list is pretty laughable...

But I do remember that Apple Puck mouse, I HATED it!
there is an imac here at work with it... it's almost as bad as the rest of the computer.
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 04:04 AM   #6
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

With the barcode battler video , isn't that the guy that does the zero punctuation videos?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:12 AM   #7
DrWorm
REMAIN INDOORS

DrWorm is still being judged by the masses

I loved my Barcode Battler, buying different stuff just for the barcode in the hope it would be something special. Those were the days...

DrWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 05:18 AM   #8
Dem2k
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
With the barcode battler video , isn't that the guy that does the zero punctuation videos?
You might be on to something there check out these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOmEOjK5UHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a6lxiB1b_I
Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:12 AM   #9
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

Certainly sounds like him
When I want your opinion, I'll tell you it.
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:20 AM   #10
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dem2k View Post
You might be on to something there check out these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOmEOjK5UHY
LOL , "Todays review is going to be presented from the spare bedroom, Because my the sofa is infested with guinea pigs"

Yes thats the zero punctuation guy , it has to be

Last edited by Pirate Neilsouth : Nov 27, 2007 at 06:22 AM.
Pirate Neilsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:29 AM   #11
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i dont know, this guy sounds british, the zero punctuation guy is australian, also talks a hell of a lot faster
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:31 AM   #12
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
i dont know, this guy sounds british, the zero punctuation guy is australian, also talks a hell of a lot faster
Huh, what? Australian? That's not an Australian accent being used by ZP guy... though we Aussies can put on a pommie accent if needs be.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:33 AM   #13
seeker010
chaotic evil

seeker010 is still being judged by the masses

Vista on the list instead of some of the other crap? like I dunno, the PCjr? or Windows Me? Or how about that RAMdoubler that halved your ram? I might not like Vista, but this is absurd.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:37 AM   #14
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Vista is Me , they also don't mention Leopard which is ironically turning to be a giant POS by the comments I read.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:46 AM   #15
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
No he's not, he's British and lives in Australia.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:49 AM   #16
Dem2k
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
thats going in my sig

/edit look at this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swvy4...eature=related

He uses images like ZP also, I would be very suprised if this isn't him.

Last edited by Dem2k : Nov 27, 2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:52 AM   #17
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
No he's not, he's British and lives in Australia.
my bad there, but he does talk faster, and sounds a bit different
Old Nov 27, 2007, 10:01 AM   #18
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Vista is bearable if you disable a few annoyances.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 10:10 AM   #19
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm a little surprised that the Tamagotchi is on the list (#5). Sure, it's stupid, but it functioned exactly as designed, made untold millions (billions?) of dollars, and eventually evolved into other equally successful products, like "Webkinz."

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)

Last edited by Djinn : Nov 27, 2007 at 10:15 AM.
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:17 PM   #20
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

Whoa. Read the comments. Not one of these people have a clue about what they are talking about. That is one massive "I've had a computer for 6 months and know it all" filled comment page. Which seems to somewhat even include the CNET writer.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:46 PM   #21
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
I'm a little surprised that the Tamagotchi is on the list (#5). Sure, it's stupid, but it functioned exactly as designed, made untold millions (billions?) of dollars, and eventually evolved into other equally successful products, like "Webkinz."
Yeah, there are way worse terrible tech products than Tamagotchi. If this was "Top 10 stupidest toys/top 10 ridiculous crazes," Tamagotchi would easily make top 5, but terrible tech products? It worked as designed, didn't drain batteries, didn't pretend to read your mind, etc.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 12:50 PM   #22
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
Yeah, there are way worse terrible tech products than Tamagotchi. If this was "Top 10 stupidest toys/top 10 ridiculous crazes," Tamagotchi would easily make top 5, but terrible tech products? It worked as designed, didn't drain batteries, didn't pretend to read your mind, etc.
Thinking about it, the whole "Sims" franchise is based on the concept of the Tamagotchi.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:08 PM   #23
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

what the atari jaguar on there?

George is getting upset

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 01:18 PM   #24
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Terrible tech product - the entire Gameboy line until Gameboy Advance. And the VirtuaBoy.

The first one was a damn brick with a 2"x2" green and black screen that ran 2 hours on a half pound of AA batteries. This was while both Atari and Sega had handheld systems with color. Gameboys didn't even get black and white until the mid 90s and then color a couple years after that.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:03 PM   #25
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Terrible tech product - the entire Gameboy line until Gameboy Advance. And the VirtuaBoy.

The first one was a damn brick with a 2"x2" green and black screen that ran 2 hours on a half pound of AA batteries. This was while both Atari and Sega had handheld systems with color. Gameboys didn't even get black and white until the mid 90s and then color a couple years after that.
You are unlikely to find many people that agree with that. It was crazy reliable, had a MASSIVE game line-up and its battery life was actually part of the reason it did so well. I mean does any more need to be said than it out lasted every single competitor during its long life till Nintendo replaced it.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited by Trunks0 : Nov 27, 2007 at 02:16 PM.
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:07 PM   #26
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I hated Gameboys. Never found a single game I really liked, they all played like **** from what I did play.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:09 PM   #27
infowar
Banned

infowar is still being judged by the masses

i think some of the spyware that has been included in cnet downloads or their tracking cookies should have made the list instead of abunch of kids toys.
infowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:09 PM   #28
wangFu
take him away!

Quote:

well to be fair on battery life, the game gear took a whole pound of AAs and had lower life
Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:28 PM   #29
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Are you kidding me? Tamagachis were the ****!

Oh, and, ice, most GB games were ****ty, but the first-party ones were good, among a few third party ones. Battery life was awful
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:48 PM   #30
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

PCW has a similar article not long ago:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...2/article.html

Windows Me 4th place
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote