Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 5, 2019, 09:02 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Not happy with my Note 10+ and Thinking about Going back to iPhone

I have had my Note 10+ for two months and saying I am disappointed with it is an understatement. It's just a hassle to use.

Nearly all of my vacation photos in medium-low light is next to unusable (aka a blurry mess), the fingerprint scanner flat out doesn't work for me (although it does for my girl, go figure), and the facial recognition is pure garbage. Doesn't recognize my face under moderate-low lighting conditions.

Thought I'd love the edge screen but the palm rejection isn't quite up to par.

Say, I've been wondering. Will selling it and getting an iPhone 11 be a super stupid idea? Don't want to spend extra for the Pro series and the lower dpi screen doesn't bother me much.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 09:58 PM   #2
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Which one of the cameras were you using to take your pictures?

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 03:30 AM   #3
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I used all the cameras.

Especially wasn't impressed with the selfie camera that made nearly all of my selfies blurry.

But seriously though, after playing with the iPhone 11 and Pro Max for an extensive period of time, I suspect I have rose tinged glasses.

Maybe my iPhone X had a nicer selfie cam, but the one on the iPhone 11 made me look like a jaundice patient and it captured way less detail compared to my Note 10+.

The rear camera produced was slightly sharper on the iPhone 11 for me, but after using the Note for a whole, the colors just looked dull to me.

Oh great. Hopefully I'd get what I want with the Galaxy S11 heh.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 7, 2019, 08:24 AM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Have you tried the latest Pixel? Those things are supposed to have phenomenal cameras. I haven't tried one myself though.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 08:33 AM   #5
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I used all the cameras.

Especially wasn't impressed with the selfie camera that made nearly all of my selfies blurry.

But seriously though, after playing with the iPhone 11 and Pro Max for an extensive period of time, I suspect I have rose tinged glasses.

Maybe my iPhone X had a nicer selfie cam, but the one on the iPhone 11 made me look like a jaundice patient and it captured way less detail compared to my Note 10+.

The rear camera produced was slightly sharper on the iPhone 11 for me, but after using the Note for a whole, the colors just looked dull to me.

Less detail? Are you zooming way in looking for that granular quality in the shots? I've played with the cameras on most of the latest flagships and for normal every day usage the results are pretty impressive across the board.

I haven't seen anything that using the onboard autofix functions didn't take care of on any of them.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 08:37 AM   #6
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
I used all the cameras.

Wouldn't it be better to get a real camera? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-al...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
You can then transfer it wirelessly to your phone.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
Old Nov 7, 2019, 09:11 AM   #7
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

But it's harder to do selfies with a real camera....
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 09:43 AM   #8
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Good
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 09:44 AM   #9
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
Wouldn't it be better to get a real camera? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-al...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Is that a smartphone....without the smartphone part of it???

what kind of idiot thought up that ludicrious idea??
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 09:06 PM   #10
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Yes I did zoom in.

But I was actually taken aback how different the selfie pics turned out for the iPhone 11. It was simply dreadful with plenty of noise whereas the Note 10 captured details (like my pores lol) that the iPhone just neglected to capture at the exact same angle and lighting condition. Mind this is a decently bright day at 2pm. Whether I zoomed in too much doesn't matter, the difference is there.

I find this especially interested given the specs on the iPhone is supposedly superior.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 09:09 PM   #11
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
A little bit too bulky for my taste but one got to suffer for good vacation pics I guess.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:28 PM   #12
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I have the pixel 4xl and the note 10+. I do prefer the pixel camera much more (other than lack of wide angle) but that said, it's still a great camera.

I do agree with the facial recog, it sucks compared to the laser fast unlock on the pixel, it's instant -- so handy, I love it now.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old Nov 8, 2019, 02:01 AM   #13
0091/2
We Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I'm not suggesting him to replace the phone cam for everything. He wants better low light shots. Use the right tool for the job.

Quote:
A little bit too bulky for my taste but one got to suffer for good vacation pics I guess.
There are more compact ones but my point is if you're serious about taking good pictures use a real camera. If want better night shots you'll need a proper camera for some pictures. Know your phone cameras' limitations.

Current Desktop [2016]
Old Nov 8, 2019, 11:10 AM   #14
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Samsung released an updated since you posted this that included updates to the low light camera performance. I am not sure if that updated also hit the Note but you might want to check it out.

My s10 is my work phone so to be honest I rarely use the camera but when I do it seems to be fine. I have not tried it in low light or for selfies. lol
Old Nov 10, 2019, 02:01 AM   #15
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Samsung released an updated since you posted this that included updates to the low light camera performance. I am not sure if that updated also hit the Note but you might want to check it out.

My s10 is my work phone so to be honest I rarely use the camera but when I do it seems to be fine. I have not tried it in low light or for selfies. lol
You're right, low light is much improved after the update.

Will still most possibly get the S11 cause the rumored specs are simply amazing but this just makes the waiting at least tolerable.