Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Aug 8, 2017, 05:27 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default DDR4 Memory for Ryzen

Hi

My Crucial 2133mhz oc to 2666mhz was not 100% stable.Also the timings are around 18CL.I may have to do more testing with the new mainboard bios.There is a little seed that i may look for a Vega 56.It's not urgent because the Vega 56 will not be released yet.
If i have to buy new DDR4 stuff any recommandation.I feel it's expensive with all the artificially inflated prices.
A 16gb 3000 Corsair Vengeance is around 150euro /150$ maybe.
Should i wait for a black friday or Christmas or any chance for DDR prices to come down ?
Or get a bargain from second hand market ...
Old Aug 9, 2017, 07:40 AM   #2
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

I oced the memory to 2666mhz and see how it goes with the new Bios.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 07:47 AM   #3
meerkat154
Radeon R600

meerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymeerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Definitely check your vendor for BIOS updates - MSI has released two BIOS updates in the last month to address memory stability/performance issues.
-Kat
meerkat154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 10, 2017, 07:05 PM   #4
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Been reading a lot on this lately and even QVL list ram is flaky at best. I have no idea what kit I should buy at this point. Samsung bdie has been made mythical on the platform but its far from it. I have a kit of cl 16 3600 bdie that wont run past 2133. I cant even get it to run 2400 at 1.4v and I refuse to go higher.

To be clear I think the mobo is more at fault than the ram at this point... lots of asus CH6 owners have had better luck getting their ram up to speed.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.5.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org

Last edited by pax : Aug 10, 2017 at 08:19 PM.
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:16 PM   #5
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

yeah with a CH6 I got my 3200 kit to be stable at its rated timings

one of the big things is turning off the power features for the ram. gear down and what have you. Did that set voltage to 1.38 and ohms to 60 have been stable ever since.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2017, 06:40 AM   #6
Jay20016
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

With C6H the last 2,000 replies on the Overclock.net forum are all about RAM timings and stability. One user there has been working since launch and if you've got Samsung B-Die he has put together quite a few options for you. Been using his 3200 Fast setting for a while now with pretty good stability that puts the CAS latency down to 13 and memory latency in the mid-low 60ns range. Before, I was getting 70-74ns at CAS14 so there are definitely a lot of tweaks to be made to inch out every last drop of performance.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2017, 12:22 AM   #7
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

I think Asus is better at putting out bios updates too. Last one for the GB K7 here is June. They had only 3 since the board came out.

Seriously think Im gonna ditch the mobo and go back to Asus...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.5.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:56 PM   #8
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Some good news for ram on ryzen and GB mobos:

http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/1542...thread?page=13

http://www.overclock.net/t/1625822/g...#post_26281823

http://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/1542...&scrollTo=9927

Quote:
And as per Gigabyte-Matt , he hinted about next wave of beta bioses and soon AGESA (mabye 1.0.0.7) from AMD
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to hide)

"Quick update for everyone on the next round of BETA BIOS. I am pushing to get another round of BIOS out... But it seems a new AGESA code is coming soon. I believe we will have one more round of BETA BIOS using 1006A before the new AGESA is implemented (AMD has not yet released it... Not sure I am supposed to mention it, but ya its coming)
Also they are compiling a list of ram support on GB mobos:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...z4s/edit#gid=0

Good news for everyone really with confirmation of a new AGESA update.

www.realitysandwich.com