Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old May 22, 2019, 03:53 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Over 50% faster than a TR 1950x?

Seems a bit much...
Agree. Don't think the prices will be that cheap either. When I O/C'd my 7700k to 5ghz on all cores it did actually zip for gaming performance as I was GPU limited. Might help if your CPU limited but that means you've got a crappy GPU and low resolution.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 04:20 PM   #62
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Over 50% faster than a TR 1950x?

Seems a bit much...
That’s because it’s complete BS from wccftech
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 04:32 PM   #63
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
That’s because it’s complete BS from wccftech

no they got it from AdoredTV

but we will know Monday
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 22, 2019, 05:43 PM   #64
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 08:02 PM   #65
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
no they got it from AdoredTV

but we will know Monday
Who the hell is adoredTV..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 08:09 PM   #66
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

if 12 core 5ghz is true, then these things will sell like crazy. I'll wait for the official announcement before getting too excited though.

AMD hype train has failed me too many times in the past. Although their stock has not.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 08:16 PM   #67
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

12 core 5GHz? Intel going to dig their own graves.

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 08:19 PM   #68
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Who the hell is adoredTV..

Some dude with a Scottish accent that can be understood.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2019, 08:54 PM   #69
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 04:16 PM   #70
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Leaked AMD Ryzen 3000 IPC means Intel is about to lose any hold it once had over the gaming PC

https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd-ryzen-3...ance-pc-gaming
Old May 23, 2019, 07:20 PM   #71
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
If those numbers hold sure but has cinebench ever translated to faster gaming on a similar basis? He doesnt speculate but sounds like we are looking at ~235 cine score on a single core for the 3k ryzen vs 215 on the 9900k when both are at 5ghz?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2019, 08:16 PM   #72
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
If those numbers hold sure but has cinebench ever translated to faster gaming on a similar basis? He doesnt speculate but sounds like we are looking at ~235 cine score on a single core for the 3k ryzen vs 215 on the 9900k when both are at 5ghz?
if the 12 core 3700x is 4.2 and 5.0 stock boost even if on only 2 or 4 cores with a 10% IPC and it is under 350 USD intel is in for a world of pain
if it is all core boost intel is toast .

cinebench scores won't matter in games but is most likely why there isn't going to be a threadripper this time

but a 5.1 stock boost and 10% plus higher IPC and that DDR4 may go as high as 5000 will be a killer in games ( ryzen loves fast memory)

now the top end MB prices and that fast memory prices are going to hurt

400 to 500 USD I bet for the top Asus, Gigabyte and MSI Motherboards

4800 memory
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-...82E16820232824

dumb looking princess edition memory

so hopefully those zen 2 prices are close to real

https://wccftech.com/amd-zen-2-5ghz-...d-benchmarked/

Last edited by bill dennison : May 23, 2019 at 08:30 PM.
Old May 24, 2019, 07:08 AM   #73
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

235 R15 single core at stock? If true I'm impressed. Sign me up

Quote:
I didn't really mean you in particular bill, just that people buying 2080ti's at these prices are enabling Nv. You're right, next gen won't be any cheaper.. thanks.

Great card in it's own right though, and it's there to be enjoyed, so have fun
Old May 24, 2019, 07:43 AM   #74
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
235 R15 single core at stock? If true I'm impressed. Sign me up

I didn't really mean you in particular bill, just that people buying 2080ti's at these prices are enabling Nv. You're right, next gen won't be any cheaper.. thanks.

Great card in it's own right though, and it's there to be enjoyed, so have fun
No 2080Ti owner liked to pay the price of admission, trust me.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2019, 12:46 PM   #75
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

someone is getting pissy

Quote:
Nvidia Files For 3080, 4080, 5080 Trademarks to Hinder AMD Navi Branding
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nv...rks,39435.html

can you trademark a number ?

I hope they tell Nvidia to **** off

two days before AMD announces navi they want to claim a number
the rx 3080 boxes may already be made

Last edited by bill dennison : May 25, 2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old May 25, 2019, 06:09 PM   #76
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nvidia sort of brought this on themselves by skipping to 2080. It should have been 1180 and just sticking with the previous increase of 100 per generation. Either that or RTX should have started over at 100. The increase from 1080 to 2080 makes no numerical sense.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2019, 11:32 PM   #77
ugly
Radeon R520

ugly is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
someone is getting pissy

can you trademark a number ?

I hope they tell Nvidia to **** off
Yeah, you can trademark a number.

But it doesn't give you an absolute right to using that number. Trademarks have to be associated with particular goods and services.

So, if Nvidia were to trademark the number 3080 for computer electronics, it wouldn't prevent someone else from using the trademark 3080 for food or clothing or something else.

But, if Nvidia gets the trademark 3080 for computer electronics, then AMD wouldn't be able to.

Also, you need to actually use the mark too. So Nvidia can't just trademark 3080 for the sole purpose of screwing over AMD. At some point they would have to sell a video card that uses the name 3080. So you can't really just squat on a mark indefinitely.
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2019, 12:34 AM   #78
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

AMD must have trademarked 3080 already.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 26, 2019, 12:37 AM   #79
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly View Post
Yeah, you can trademark a number.

But it doesn't give you an absolute right to using that number. Trademarks have to be associated with particular goods and services.

So, if Nvidia were to trademark the number 3080 for computer electronics, it wouldn't prevent someone else from using the trademark 3080 for food or clothing or something else.

But, if Nvidia gets the trademark 3080 for computer electronics, then AMD wouldn't be able to.

Also, you need to actually use the mark too. So Nvidia can't just trademark 3080 for the sole purpose of screwing over AMD. At some point they would have to sell a video card that uses the name 3080. So you can't really just squat on a mark indefinitely.
well Nvidia's won't be a RX 3080 in a few days and any possible RTX 3080 will be about a year from now

and wouldn't AMD already have trademarked RX 3080 as they said so over 6 months ago

and why did NV file in the EU ?

maybe AMD filed in the USA already
Old May 26, 2019, 12:38 AM   #80
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I see the latest leak is the supposed $99 Zen 2, 6 core bench marked slightly over the 2700x
Old May 26, 2019, 12:52 AM   #81
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I see the latest leak is the supposed $99 Zen 2, 6 core bench marked slightly over the 2700x
https://hothardware.com/news/amd-ryz...cpu-benchmarks

the 2700x was globalfoundries and zen 2 is tsmc isn't it ?

this maybe a lot of fun this round if the 329 price on the 3700x is right
Old May 26, 2019, 12:55 AM   #82
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Im starting to wonder if intel is trolling amd with false leaks... nothing worse than hype that doesnt come to fruition. I mean who would want a 2700x when a 99$ cpu beats it?

www.realitysandwich.com

Old May 26, 2019, 12:59 AM   #83
Nascar24

Quote:
https://hothardware.com/news/amd-ryz...cpu-benchmarks

the 2700x was globalfoundries and zen 2 is tsmc isn't it ?

this maybe a lot of fun this round if the 329 price on the 3700x is right
That's where I'm not holding my breath after the Nvidia nut punch!
Old May 26, 2019, 01:01 AM   #84
Nascar24

Quote:
Im starting to wonder if intel is trolling amd with false leaks... nothing worse than hype that doesnt come to fruition. I mean who would want a 2700x when a 99$ cpu beats it?
LordHawkwind I kid I kid!
Old May 26, 2019, 01:01 AM   #85
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
someone here from what he says

but it is more a tie

……...
if that was so you would think AMD would say something and put the breaks on any fake news

oh well about 21 hours now

Quote:
Here in the states, the keynote will start at 7 p.m. PT on Sunday, May 26, or 10 p.m. ET.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...computex-2019/
Old May 26, 2019, 01:07 AM   #86
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

if all this is true and the price is right

Intel better have a killer GPU next year

as less and les want a Bubonic CPU
Old May 26, 2019, 01:29 PM   #87
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
LordHawkwind I kid I kid!
Quote:
someone here from what he says

but it is more a tie

……...
if that was so you would think AMD would say something and put the breaks on any fake news

oh well about 21 hours now

https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...computex-2019/
Are you perchance mocking me my good fellows. Wouldn't buy a puny 6 core for $99. Seriously think about this. Why would AMD sell a $99 CPU that's as fast as a CPU they're still selling for $280? They might as well just throw the channel inventory in the bin.

Also remember the 12 and 16 core cpu's are replacing threadripper so you'd expect AMD to price at that level. The leaked prices for Navi mid-range are $399 and $499 so AMD aren't being stupid in GPU's so why would they price so low in CPU's? Makes no commercial sense. The hype train is on full throttle.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old May 26, 2019, 01:45 PM   #88
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Are you perchance mocking me my good fellows. Wouldn't buy a puny 6 core for $99. Seriously think about this. Why would AMD sell a $99 CPU that's as fast as a CPU they're still selling for $280? They might as well just throw the channel inventory in the bin.

Also remember the 12 and 16 core cpu's are replacing threadripper so you'd expect AMD to price at that level. The leaked prices for Navi mid-range are $399 and $499 so AMD aren't being stupid in GPU's so why would they price so low in CPU's? Makes no commercial sense. The hype train is on full throttle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI

……..

#1 - market share is the reason for the lower prices
#2 - 7nm chiplet and the new io die design may make it cheaper

don't think we will get these prices

but I don't think the 3600x 8/16 will not be higher than the 2700x now

the higher chips who knows
the 2950X is 799 now and that is a high cost chip than a zen 2 will be
lots more pcie lanes and 4 change memory

but yes the 3850x maybe somewhere between 499 and 699 but cheaper than TR

I just hope like hell the tell us today

Last edited by bill dennison : May 26, 2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old May 26, 2019, 02:15 PM   #89
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

Bill market share is not an indicator for profit. Look at Android and apple. Android has about 80+% market share but currently only one manufacturer is making a profit Samsung. The rest are losing millions. Apple on the other hand with just 20% market share are making billions. It's profit margin and not market share that makes a company money.

If AMD have a killer CPU that beats an Intel CPU costing $1,000 why would they sell it for less than say $950. All they need to do is slightly undercut their counterparts with better or equal performance and job's done. If they release a Ryzen 3 3300 6c/12t CPU for $99 that beats their previous best 8c/16t part they'll hemorrhage cash and bleed to death. They do say suicide is painless!
Old May 26, 2019, 02:32 PM   #90
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Bill market share is not an indicator for profit. Look at Android and apple. Android has about 80+% market share but currently only one manufacturer is making a profit Samsung. The rest are losing millions. Apple on the other hand with just 20% market share are making billions. It's profit margin and not market share that makes a company money.

If AMD have a killer CPU that beats an Intel CPU costing $1,000 why would they sell it for less than say $950. All they need to do is slightly undercut their counterparts with better or equal performance and job's done. If they release a Ryzen 3 3300 6c/12t CPU for $99 that beats their previous best 8c/16t part they'll hemorrhage cash and bleed to death. They do say suicide is painless!
because no one will pay more for it than a 2950X at 799 or even as much as the top TR .
most that really need 16c/32t will want 4 channel memory .

better to sell millions of chips and only make 100 a pop profit than make 400 a pop profit and only sell thousands

RTX prices hurt NV sales badly

……..
and we don't know their costs on these .

they will make a profit I'm sure and not "hemorrhage cash"

but they may be able to do that at 499 to 699 for a 16c/32t

and they know a lot of people like KAC will need a lot of incentive to drop intel

Last edited by bill dennison : May 26, 2019 at 02:38 PM.