Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:35 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Default Steam Wishlist (Free games from steam! )

Steam is doing a thing, where from the 24th to the 29th, 30 people per day will win the top five games on their wishlist. So get cracking.

http://store.steampowered.com/

You add things to your list, by viewing the game and their is a wishlist button on each game's page.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

You do realize you're just hurting your own chances by encouraging more people to make wishlists, right?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:42 PM   #3
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Yes, but i don't mind

Anyways, i only did a search for wishlist, didn't see there was already a thread for this, so it can be deleted when you want Mods
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:43 PM   #4
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation

30 million steam users. 3 million users online concurrently. 30 prizes a day.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:42 PM   #5
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

30 winners, 150 prizes
Old Nov 24, 2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
30 million steam users. 3 million users online concurrently. 30 prizes a day.
Yea.. It's a lottery that is free. Who gives a **** what the chances are?
Play it, if you win awesome, if not, oh well

My list:
Portal 2
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Super meat boy
Civ 5
Amnesia The Dark descent
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:07 PM   #7
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Damn, i forgot Portal 2... however you guys should check the entry requirements, i doubt games like Portal 2 which are not even available for pre order and don't have a price tag will count, and therefore being in the top 5 of your wishlist you won't be eligible for prizes. However it doesn't actually specify that, it simply says Individual Games, so who knows.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:08 PM   #8
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Meh, not even going to waste my time. Too many users, and the chances are too slim.

I do hope they have some good sales, though.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:15 PM   #9
TheScott2K
I'M OUT OF ORDER?

TheScott2K is still being judged by the masses

Trying on the off chance that it's rigged for longtime customers with a large library.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:24 PM   #10
Tizen
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Damn, i forgot Portal 2... however you guys should check the entry requirements, i doubt games like Portal 2 which are not even available for pre order and don't have a price tag will count, and therefore being in the top 5 of your wishlist you won't be eligible for prizes. However it doesn't actually specify that, it simply says Individual Games, so who knows.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...4&postcount=20

Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:01 PM   #11
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

is there a way to reorder the wish list? mine is randomly set up from 1 to 10, i didnt pcik them in that order.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:29 PM   #12
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

drag and drop them
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 02:50 AM   #13
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisti View Post
Well now
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:59 AM   #14
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

I doubt I'll win but I got mine set up. I'll be impressed if anyone I know or anyone here actually gets some free games. The odds are pretty heavily against us.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:21 AM   #15
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Are any of you guys having issues logging into Steam? I've never had a problem before, now it's an issue. I'm logged in on my account with the software, but it takes forever for the store page to load and then it eventually says error finding page or something.

...eh, finally got it to load afer several attempts. Maybe the servers are getting hammered?? Didn't think the deals were that good myself.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:23 AM   #16
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

My list:

Fallout: New Vegas
Mafia II
Dead Rising 2
Bioshock 2
Need For Speed: Shift
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:33 AM   #17
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
is there a way to reorder the wish list? mine is randomly set up from 1 to 10, i didnt pcik them in that order.
Just type in the "number" you want them to be and hit Save. It will reorder them.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:34 PM   #18
schneider
Radeon R200

schneider is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Eligibility: Entry open to any user holding a Steam account in good standing, who completes a Wish List with at least ten (10) single game titles.
Make sure you guys put at least 10 games on your wishlist if you want to be eligible. I didn't read the fine print at first
Old Nov 25, 2010, 01:21 PM   #19
Tizen
Custom User Title

Note the single game. No packs
Old Nov 25, 2010, 01:22 PM   #20
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i was trying to reorder in the the browser in stead of the steam client one

Last edited by GanjaStar : Nov 25, 2010 at 01:29 PM.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 01:43 PM   #21
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
i was trying to reorder in the the browser in stead of the steam client one
you can reorder in the browser too
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:56 PM   #22
Tizen
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
you can reorder in the browser too
pssssh, his browser sucks
Old Nov 26, 2010, 12:59 PM   #23
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisti View Post
pssssh, he sucks
i agree
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:17 PM   #24
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The odds of winning are very low, but probably a bit higher than you'd expect, because not all steam users have a wishlist. In fact, I'd say most probably don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
What is the point of adding a game that's not even out yet to your wishlist anyway? You can just get a game you want now and buy Portal 2 when it comes out. Especially considering Valve time, Portal 2 may not be out for another few years. In fact by the time it comes out you're actually getting less due to inflation.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:38 AM   #25
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

If your only in this to get the most you can get, your kind of missing the point of both the wishlist and gaming in general...