Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Apr 11, 2018, 01:01 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Default CHINESE GUYS: Huawei Mate 10 - Changing ROM

Hey gays,

Just got back from China, was there for a few weeks for work. I always bring two phones with me traveling -- my Google Pixel XL 2, and my old Pixel XL that I always throw a local SIM in.

Problem was -- China hates google so no SIM would accept my Pixel. After a couple days I bought a new Huawei Mate 10. Great phone but now I want to blow away the chinese ROM and replace with a north american one.

Anyone done this?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 01:18 PM   #2
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Do you have the Mate 10, or Mate 10 pro? One is relatively easy, the other has moderate potential for an instabrick.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2018, 01:40 PM   #3
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
Do you have the Mate 10, or Mate 10 pro? One is relatively easy, the other has moderate potential for an instabrick.
Mate 10 thanks buddy.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 11, 2018, 02:57 PM   #4
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Re-branding the regular Mate 10 appears to be more difficult as there is no official TWRP or reliable flashing method, as it looks like you have to flash twice or use a modified recovery image. There doesn't seem to be very much documentation about it at all.

The safest method would probably to use FunkyHuawei, though that will cost you about $50.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2018, 05:45 PM   #5
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
Re-branding the regular Mate 10 appears to be more difficult as there is no official TWRP or reliable flashing method, as it looks like you have to flash twice or use a modified recovery image. There doesn't seem to be very much documentation about it at all.

The safest method would probably to use FunkyHuawei, though that will cost you about $50.
Thanks! I will try FunkyHuawei and report back.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 10:13 AM   #6
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

it's a great phone, hope it will work out, would be a shame otherwise

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 02:16 PM   #7
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwards

If you're feeling lucky/brave, you can try an unofficial TWRP

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...2-1-0-t3769904
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote