Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and technical support forum for legacy ATI technology such as Rage, Rage Fury and Rage MAXX.

Old Sep 20, 2000, 01:53 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
RAGE LT MAN
The guy sent to get ya...

RAGE LT MAN is still being judged by the masses

Hi people, there's something i figured you should know: it's not a DX7 driver. this means problems with DeusEx, UT, and most other DX7 based games. That's also why EQ works, and why the two pass bumpmapping works. It simply uses DX6 systems for this. Sorry about the news. however, this adds more material to the melting pot, maybe i can use this for something good.

------------------
The sharpest blade cannot compare to the sharpest mind.

Either let me fly, or give me death.
Let my soul rest, take my breath.
If i dont fly, i'm'a die anyway.
Im gonna live on but i'll be gone any day.

-DMX
RAGE LT MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2000, 05:51 PM   #2
Slaykill
Radeon R700

Slaykill is still being judged by the masses

That is the strangest thing I can think of in recent memory. WHY did ATI make a driver that doesn't support DX7 but DOES work with Windows Millenium Edition? WTF???

Also, it works fine with QuakeIII which is odd because QIII requires DX7..!

Slaykill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2000, 06:13 PM   #3
Budd

Now I understand why these drivers suck with D3D. The driver set is way too unstable in my opinion, esp. in Windows ME (which they don't work well in). That would explain the Diagnostics failures, the WinTune98 failures, and the lock ups after going out of standby. I don't know if it is related to the HL menu problem though. Windows 2000 has that problem too with the current drivers. This is the only 9x driver set that I have seen do this in HL (in D3D). For a lot of reasons, I would not recommend Windows ME users install these drivers, but for 98 users, I think they would be ok. There are too many conflicts between the drivers and Windows ME. However, I have not been able to test these with 98, so they may screw up on that OS too.

------------------
Fear no Beer!!
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 20, 2000, 10:42 PM   #4
scootmaster

I think q3 only requires DX7 (direct sound) for sound becuase it uses opengl
Old Sep 20, 2000, 11:00 PM   #5
Slaykill
Radeon R700

Slaykill is still being judged by the masses

Looks like I was wrong about QuakeIII as I have the box here in my hands and on the bottom where it lists min system requirements it says:

100% DirectX 3.0 or higher compatible sound card

And it makes no other mention of DX at all
Slaykill is offline   Reply With Quote