Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:43 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MontyQ
Radeon R100

MontyQ is still being judged by the masses

Default How to turn off power saving on 2nd GPU ?

Hello all in CF games use the 2nd card but on desktop only gpu1 is used while gpu2 is off till needed....I take it a AMD power saving thing as I read in the forums

this makes running the WEI pointless as only gpu1 works for the test, how can I make both gpus run at the same time like they do in games ?

ty
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:55 AM   #2
xXH3llRaiserXx

xXH3llRaiserXx is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Hello all in CF games use the 2nd card but on desktop only gpu1 is used while gpu2 is off till needed....I take it a AMD power saving thing as I read in the forums
This is called ULPS (Ultra Low Power State) , very know for making overclock instable with CFX.

Quote:
this makes running the WEI pointless as only gpu1 works for the test, how can I make both gpus run at the same time like they do in games ?
Forget this WEI , it is so much useless which you can hack it and make every score 7.9 without even running this s**t. Also windows doesn't need 2 gpus running at same time (even a good onboard gpu can run windows with aero)

If you want a true score , run some benchmarks (most of them uses 2 gpus) and the most important CARE ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE ON GAMES. I say again FORGET WEI.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:51 PM   #3
Blín D'ñero
HD7970 crossfire

Blín D'ñero is still being judged by the masses

How to disable ULPS:
  1. Regedit > select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - > SYSTEM
  2. Hit Ctrl+F (= find), type in
    enableulps
    and hit Enter
  3. each instance you find (F3 for the next search), change the value from 1 to 0.
  4. Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.
Intel i7 2700K @ 4.8 Ghz | Zalman CPNS9900LED | Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z | 16 GB Corsair Dominator GT CMT16GX3M4X2133C9 DDR3 | 2 x (Sapphire) AMD Radeon HD7970 (crossfire) | Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro | Corsair AX 1200W | 4 x WDC WD1002FAEX | Optiarc AD 5240S | Dell U3011 @ 2560x1600 | Steelseries 7G | Razer Imperator 2012 | Coolermaster Stacker STC T01 | Logitech Z-5500 | Sennheiser HD598 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 |
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 23, 2012, 06:05 PM   #4
xXH3llRaiserXx

xXH3llRaiserXx is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blín D'ñero View Post
How to disable ULPS:
  1. Regedit > select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - > SYSTEM
  2. Hit Ctrl+F (= find), type in
    enableulps
    and hit Enter
  3. each instance you find (F3 for the next search), change the value from 1 to 0.
  4. Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.
Right... but this does not make WEI or Windows use 2 gpus. Also disable ULPS is useful only when overclocking 2 or more gpus. I see no point in disabling ULPS if you don't overclock an multi gpu system.