Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 25, 2022, 10:39 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default V Rising (Valheim with Vampires)

Snagged V Rising last night after some good press and watching some streams. It's basically a survival action and building game similar to Valheim. Warning it is in Early Access for at least another year, but seems very polished and complete thus far.

Not sure if anyone else has it, but if anyone is thinking of running a dedicated Rage server that might be fun. It doesn't have offline play yet (though you can setup a private server), which is the biggest negative since progress is tied to a server. I hopped in someone's random server which went down soon after, so I rolled up on one of their official servers for a bit of security. Having something for us might be cool.

The thing I'm enjoying most about it is the ARPG/MOBA like combat. You don't start out with much, but now that I can see the skills availble, you can mix up combat in a lot of ways. Most (or all) skills are gained through tracking down NPC monsters/people and beating them down enough so you can suck their blood and gain their skill. Also the sun ****ing kills you, which can be a pain when running around in the daytime.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2022, 10:58 AM   #2
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

it does seem like a fun game. dont have the mula to jump on an early access game, else i would have bought it already too. Seems pretty well done for a beta.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:56 PM   #3
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

I bought it over the weekend. Played for about an hour, but have no idea what I'm supposed to do, where I'm supposed to go, what my goal is, anything really. They just drop you in and go "have fun!". I'm getting kinda tired of games being lazy about that and not giving you any idea what to do.

Offline play was just added in latest patch (released?).

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 25, 2022, 01:53 PM   #4
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I bought it over the weekend. Played for about an hour, but have no idea what I'm supposed to do, where I'm supposed to go, what my goal is, anything really. They just drop you in and go "have fun!". I'm getting kinda tired of games being lazy about that and not giving you any idea what to do.

Offline play was just added in latest patch (released?).
Its a survival game.. there isnt any story or anything, you survive...
Old May 25, 2022, 03:36 PM   #5
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

it's a fun game if you're into games like Valheim, especially if you play it with a bunch of friends. If you don't like base building, gathering stuff, crafting and so on then well, it's not for you. As already said, there's no real story (yet) and as of that there's no given goal other than survive, build, get stronger. There are also no Levels per se, you don't level up, gain exp or something, instead it's all about gear level. Also it's kinda cheap, around 15-18 bucks, so there's that.

Personally i like to mix the skills and romp around with my buddies. So far it's running surprisingly stable.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2022, 05:29 PM   #6
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Personally i like to mix the skills and romp around with my buddies. So far it's running surprisingly stable.
Playing solo on a public server has been pretty fun. I think I like the gameplay loop better than Valheim as the building is simpler and gaining skills and finding V Blood sources is made obvious. Valheim is far more obtuse about telling you things and I hardly knew what was going on.

For these games there is often a tipping point where I'm like "I've had a good 20+ hours in this and now it's asking me to do way to much to progress" and I give up. I can't say this won't be the same, but just running around killing mobs has been fun enough. I can't say that for Valheim (most of the time I hated combat and found it annoying).
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2022, 05:37 PM   #7
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I found it just ok. PvP servers are way over crowded for the map sizes and I've already run into several Rust-like toxic players (the game has Rust style persistence). I feel like I can already see where this game is headed community wise and I don't really have any more interest in it.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote