Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Apr 15, 2022, 02:19 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Okay, I originally said in a previous post above with screenshots that the "Rules" category's small gray rectangle on my PC was a different shade to that of on my iPhone. But it seems that only happens when you click and select the category. If you just place your mouse on a category without selecting it, it is apparently the same shade as on my iPhone. See the following screenshot where I have the "Rules" category selected but my mouse hovering over the "off-topic" category:

I may be just tripping balls here because of the difference in Apex. Maybe it was just a game update that changed that and now I am thinking everything in Windows is different as well.

Lastly, if I tap and hold a category name on my iPhone, it also turns light gray like the selected "rules" category on my PC.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Last edited by Kain : Apr 15, 2022 at 02:39 PM.
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2022, 06:31 PM   #32
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

lol.. oh boy
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2022, 07:00 PM   #33
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

I think I'm going to stop worrying about this for now.

Will see if anyone else mentions/notices the Apex change (which I am not sure if it was because of a game update or Windows update).
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 16, 2022, 07:11 PM   #34
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Seems a recent Apex update did tamper with brightness/colors: https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends...tness_problem/
Old Apr 16, 2022, 07:53 PM   #35
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

There is a written guide with screenshots showing how to activate bots in the firing range. They specifically mention the cave is dark and recommend turning up the brightness so you can see better. They have provided screenshots as well where you can see how dark it is (you can barely see anything besides the cave's exit).

Quote:
Inside the cave, you’ll spot a metal rafter (a hanging sheet or pole) near the ceiling. You can turn up the game’s brightness slightly to better differentiate it from the wall since the area is pretty dark.
I wonder since to activate the bots in the firing range you have to use the cave, they just upped the brightness in that location or the overall game?

https://www.alphr.com/turn-bots-apex-legends/

Anyone, I'm going to stop worrying about this for now I guess.

Last edited by Kain : Apr 16, 2022 at 08:07 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 08:01 PM   #36
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Do any of you see any slight banding in the Windows weather app?

Old Apr 17, 2022, 07:59 AM   #37
Munkus
Official taste-tester

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Yes there is banding in that screenshot. No it's not your monitor. You're obsessing. Stop it.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2022, 08:33 AM   #38
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Banding is normal, though, especially on a screen like that where it's doing extremely minor gradient shifts.

I'm on an OLED and I see grey banding every now and then. No panel, not IPS, VA, OLED, AMOLED, etc, is going to be immune.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote