Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 17, 2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Colbert
Radeon R700

Colbert is still being judged by the masses

Default King Kong Gamers edition performance issue

I get acceptable performace, around the 30-40 fps mark under 1024.768 res, but when Kong comes on screen, my fps goes down to 1.

And Ubisoft customer support are the worst in the world, doing little other than replying to me with generic replies such as "1. Defragment your hard drive, 2. close all other running programs."

I should mention I have a 7800 GTX, although I believe this is a rendering issue with Kong's fur. Does anyone know of a workaround of some sorts?
Colbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 10:19 PM   #2
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

shave the bugger.

I hear there are very bad performance issues with that version of the game. 1 fps sounds way too low. What are you using to see the framerate? Fraps?
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:31 AM   #3
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbert
I get acceptable performace, around the 30-40 fps mark under 1024.768 res, but when Kong comes on screen, my fps goes down to 1.

And Ubisoft customer support are the worst in the world, doing little other than replying to me with generic replies such as "1. Defragment your hard drive, 2. close all other running programs."

I should mention I have a 7800 GTX, although I believe this is a rendering issue with Kong's fur. Does anyone know of a workaround of some sorts?
If your near the start the only times it will affect performance badly is when you see kong as jack. Which is like 2 times, however when you play as kong it runs the same as if you was playing jack.

Which one could conclude that playing as kong uses a lower polygon mode (plus smaller).

So really you will be ok except for like 2 times you actually see kong as jack .

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:04 PM   #4
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

SH64 is still being judged by the masses

The Gamers Edition is badly coded for the PC unfortunately. i wouldnt expect any workaround or patch for that
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:29 AM   #5
Colbert
Radeon R700

Colbert is still being judged by the masses

Agreed. I really think they CtrlC'ed Xbox360 code and CtrlVed it onto a PC DVD disk and sold it.
Colbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 10:51 AM   #6
raystorm
Ya gotta believe!

raystorm is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbert
Agreed. I really think they CtrlC'ed Xbox360 code and CtrlVed it onto a PC DVD disk and sold it.
heh..that sounds about right. Too bad as its very nice looking and should have been the one sold in stores instead of that xbox port. oh well
raystorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 12:41 PM   #7
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystorm
heh..that sounds about right. Too bad as its very nice looking and should have been the one sold in stores instead of that xbox port. oh well
Well, i don't think it would of been a sound business idea to release that version when only 1% of the market could run it. Not very weill either

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 12:57 PM   #8
raystorm
Ya gotta believe!

raystorm is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Baron
Well, i don't think it would of been a sound business idea to release that version when only 1% of the market could run it. Not very weill either
oh yea.. well I mean an optimized version! Maybe a patch is in order but who knows if they'll bother.
raystorm is offline   Reply With Quote