Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » AMD Fusion, Integrated and Mobility Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Fusion, Integrated and Mobility Support Discussion and technical support forum for AMD integrated and mobility graphics platforms including Accelerated Processing Units, Netbooks, Ultra Portables, Notebooks, HTPC and SFF.

Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Arrowslinger
Radeon Redneck

Arrowslinger is still being judged by the masses

Default Overclock/Undervolt AMD Llano

Okay I was a little squeamish using K10STAT and the mountains of reading did not help

Found this kid on you tube who goes through the entire process and damn I got it

How To Overclock/Undervolt AMD Llano A-Series APU/FUSION CPU ( A4, A6, A8 ) A6-3400M HD 6520g - YouTube

There are things he does not cover but if like me you need to see it work this video does that

Now I am running my A6-3400M at 2.3Ghz constant and under volt giving me 63c compared to stock voltage giving me 76c under load. Of course this varies with room ambient temps but does work well.

The most realistic hunting game you will ever play!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:34 AM   #2
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Nice, thanks for the link
Old Sep 7, 2011, 02:05 PM   #3
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowslinger View Post
Okay I was a little squeamish using K10STAT and the mountains of reading did not help

Found this kid on you tube who goes through the entire process and damn I got it

How To Overclock/Undervolt AMD Llano A-Series APU/FUSION CPU ( A4, A6, A8 ) A6-3400M HD 6520g - YouTube

There are things he does not cover but if like me you need to see it work this video does that

Now I am running my A6-3400M at 2.3Ghz constant and under volt giving me 63c compared to stock voltage giving me 76c under load. Of course this varies with room ambient temps but does work well.
How does this effect the IGP performance? I remember reading an Anandtech review where after overclocking there frame rates actually went down cause of the power envelope.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 7, 2011, 04:27 PM   #4
Arrowslinger
Radeon Redneck

Arrowslinger is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
How does this effect the IGP performance? I remember reading an Anandtech review where after overclocking there frame rates actually went down cause of the power envelope.
I saw increases in just cause 2, dues ex, thehunter, nfs shift, older games max out so no noticeable anything on those.

The most realistic hunting game you will ever play!