Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 30, 2011, 10:31 PM   #751
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Having to many ways to get to the objective can make things to easy. If the game boundaries are to open, positions start to become to indefensible and that can kinda kill the point of the rush game-type.

Imho maps with lots of flaking opportunities lend them selves better to the capture & hold style game modes imho.
Very true about rush mode, the whole point of rush is to be pushed back from one general direction and so the attacking team being able to get behind would defeat the purpose.

But with that said on a 64 player game the map would have to be pretty open other wise it would suck being on the attacking team and running into 32 people laying in wait while you run at them from one direction. Large maps can work out pretty well if the design is good it all comes down to a balance of cover and openness, and maybe a few extra cap points in order to push.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 12:38 AM   #752
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

i would prefer tug of war to rush.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 06:35 AM   #753
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Yea give me a mix of rush with conquest style cap points and a map that gets pushed in both directions that would be pretty cool.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 31, 2011, 08:25 AM   #754
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I think it would be tough to have the same maps used for Rush and Conquest. If they had linear maps for Rush and free-roam maps for Conquest, then i'd be happy with that, however we all know that won't happen.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:39 AM   #755
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
I think it would be tough to have the same maps used for Rush and Conquest. If they had linear maps for Rush and free-roam maps for Conquest, then i'd be happy with that, however we all know that won't happen.
... So what exactly does Bad Company 2 have at the moment?

Conquest and rush on the same maps is perfectly viable. Why? Because a gameplay mode should NEVER EVER dictate the design of a map. Good map design stand on its own, whatever gameplay mode you slap on later is irrelevant.

Besides, DICE already know how to use the map borders to focus gameplay on maps. Most BF maps are huge, but you're only playing on a small part.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 04:11 PM   #756
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I really wish they would go all old school and bring back ctf. I loved CTF in bf1942.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 01:36 AM   #757
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I think rush is the best thing to happen to BF myself however many of the maps are far too tight, there should be multiple ways past every part of a rush map.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:07 AM   #758
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Rush is a horrible thing to happen to the BF series, that's why all the maps are just horribly designed.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 05:03 AM   #759
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
Rush is a horrible thing to happen to the BF series, that's why all the maps are just horribly designed.
Rush is the perfect gamemode though for a console - centric game. Small maps, tight / linear gameplay, every console kid loves it.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 05:40 AM   #760
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

lol

I'm no console kiddie and think rush ftw & objectives ftw. Its far better than running around in circles capturing flag poles rofl.. plus it brings out the best in players, quick rush down a flank with squad, kill a few enemies and defend the plant till it explodes ftw.. none of this running around is circles to empty flags..zzzzzzzzz.

I'd say about half the rush maps are fine, the others are too tight like moh. Every checkpoint on the map should have multiple ways to enter imo.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:31 PM   #761
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

I have mixed feelings on Rush mode.

It's nice because it actually makes people move or lose, instead of the usual camp/snipe fest. Unfortunately it also makes the online play incredibly linear and repetitive. Every time you play a map it's- go to A, go to B, go to C, as opposed to BF2 where it was go wherever the **** you feel like. The other downside is that the conquest maps are just the stupid rush maps- so they are so linear that the gametype becomes pointless- as you have to walk through A, B, and C to get to D.
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 01:15 PM   #762
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifle_shot View Post
I have mixed feelings on Rush mode.

It's nice because it actually makes people move or lose, instead of the usual camp/snipe fest. Unfortunately it also makes the online play incredibly linear and repetitive. Every time you play a map it's- go to A, go to B, go to C, as opposed to BF2 where it was go wherever the **** you feel like. The other downside is that the conquest maps are just the stupid rush maps- so they are so linear that the gametype becomes pointless- as you have to walk through A, B, and C to get to D.
Exactly.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:18 PM   #763
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
lol

I'm no console kiddie and think rush ftw & objectives ftw. Its far better than running around in circles capturing flag poles rofl.. plus it brings out the best in players, quick rush down a flank with squad, kill a few enemies and defend the plant till it explodes ftw.. none of this running around is circles to empty flags..zzzzzzzzz.
Indeed, anyone who claims that conquest is soooo superior to rush has forgotten all about the crappy sides of BF2 - ie the constant circle jerk of capping flags defended by anywhere from 0 to possibly 1 people (but mostly 0).

There's a reason why Karkand is one of the most popular maps in BF2 - its the map most similar to BC2 maps (DICE learned well), you basicly cap in a certain sequence (ie Rush-esque). Yeah you can go around, that's the great thing with conquest. But Conquest fails hard on larger maps where its completely open and there isnt enough players to go around (literally).

In comparison, Rush can be great fun even if there's just a handfull of players. There's always action at every point of interest.

Last edited by dawdler : Jun 1, 2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:46 PM   #764
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Well yes and no, whole point of conquest is that it is open to more tactics. Like going around the enemy and capturing "behind" them.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 05:37 PM   #765
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Well yes and no, whole point of conquest is that it is open to more tactics. Like going around the enemy and capturing "behind" them.
Tactics assume some sort of planning. You're generally not planning anything by capturing a flag behind enemy lines - you're just circle jerking to get more points. Attacks against undefended flags is free points, while it offer little to no tactical advantage - by assigning resources to cap a flag, you've probably already lost another flag.

Conquest is open, yes. But to more tactics? No I dont think so. If anything, a gameplay mode such as Rush is what requires tactics. In a team of 16 random players, 2 or 4 of them can literally win the game by employing tactics either in defense or offense. Try that in a Conquest round. If your 4 tactical guys hold a flag the entire round, the offense will more than likely utterly fail because the rest of the team run around like headless chicken. If those 4 attack, they'll probably just be circle-jerking while the rest of the team fail to hold what they captured.

I would say that the whole point of Conquest is open chaos. Cause chaos is fun
Old Jun 1, 2011, 05:48 PM   #766
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Yes open chaos is a lot of fun. I dunno I enjoy BC2's gameplay, however I do not enjoy the new influx of hackers. People literally spraying with a machine gun and getting 62-1 kill ratios.

I hope they crack down on this immediately.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 06:15 PM   #767
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Tactics assume some sort of planning. You're generally not planning anything by capturing a flag behind enemy lines - you're just circle jerking to get more points. Attacks against undefended flags is free points, while it offer little to no tactical advantage - by assigning resources to cap a flag, you've probably already lost another flag.

Conquest is open, yes. But to more tactics? No I dont think so. If anything, a gameplay mode such as Rush is what requires tactics. In a team of 16 random players, 2 or 4 of them can literally win the game by employing tactics either in defense or offense. Try that in a Conquest round. If your 4 tactical guys hold a flag the entire round, the offense will more than likely utterly fail because the rest of the team run around like headless chicken. If those 4 attack, they'll probably just be circle-jerking while the rest of the team fail to hold what they captured.

I would say that the whole point of Conquest is open chaos. Cause chaos is fun
Again yes and no. I've watched a flag captured behind a team completely flip a match more times than I can count in public games (through out the series). Of course, I've seen the BS cap n' run just as often.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 06:36 PM   #768
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Personally I prefer Rush to Conquest type game modes. I like when there is a certain order and predictability to the battlefield. I absolutely hate to be put in a situation where no where is really safe and some guy could just come out of nowhere and shoot me in the back because he happened to spawn behind me.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 08:53 AM   #769
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH(SAD) View Post
Personally I prefer Rush to Conquest type game modes. I like when there is a certain order and predictability to the battlefield. I absolutely hate to be put in a situation where no where is really safe and some guy could just come out of nowhere and shoot me in the back because he happened to spawn behind me.
That's what urban combat is all about though.

I'm glad we have a choice
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 06:24 PM   #770
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 06:51 PM   #771
meerkat154
Radeon R600

meerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymeerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
Oh man...10/25 release date! Long wait. Mind blowing video!
Thanks for posting.
-Kat
meerkat154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 06:53 PM   #772
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

watched that live... mind****ing blowing.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 07:12 PM   #773
Litennörd
Radeon R420

Litennörd is still being judged by the masses

I like good graphics, but it is getting scary when games look this ridiculously good...
Litennörd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 07:26 PM   #774
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

I'm gonna need a new PC.
When I want your opinion, I'll tell you it.
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 07:28 PM   #775
Redshirt_X
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I like them tall and petite.
Redshirt_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 08:13 PM   #776
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

I see they still don't have tracks left behind by the tanks. looks pretty good either way
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 08:44 PM   #777
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

so apparently the bf3 campaign is co-op, that's be fun
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 08:48 PM   #778
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

I like tank missions...
I think I enjoyed the tank missions in Crysis 1 as well.

is there any other shooter game that had tank missions?
I feel like I might have played few more games like that but I can't remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 09:01 PM   #779
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

What I like the most about the tanks is the night vision-ish stuff you can enable. Just imagine that during a night-time city map, especially on MP! Oh man, I'm drooling all over the keyboard right now just thinking about it.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 09:30 PM   #780
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

Sounds like nice audio too.