Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:18 PM   #661
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Spawn killing is ****ed up, planting c4 on peoples equipment is fair game, but spawn killing is a ****ing **** thing to do.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:08 AM   #662
ragejg
Rage3d Staff Emeritus

ragejg is still being judged by the masses

"Battlefield 3 demo due prior to launch - Report

By Tom Magrino, GameSpot
Posted Apr 21, 2011 5:35 pm PT

[UPDATE] EA Dice executive producer ostensibly confirms publisher will release sampler of upcoming FPS before the game is out later this year; publisher says he meant beta.

[UPDATE] As it would turn out, EA isn't quite yet ready to commit to a pre-release demo for Battlefield 3. Responding to GameSpot's request for comment, an EA spokesperson indicated that Bach's comments pertained to the previously announced multiplayer beta for Battlefield 3, and not a demo as was previously reported.

GameSpot's original story can be found below.

Considering the massive popularity of the Call of Duty franchise, it's no wonder Activision hasn't pushed Infinity Ward and Treyarch to release pre-launch demos of their recent military first-person shooters to build hype. However, with Electronic Arts positioning Battlefield 3 as its Call of Duty killer, the publisher apparently will be pulling the trigger on a pre-release demo.

Speaking to MSXbox-World, EA Dice executive producer Patrick Bach reportedly confirmed that a demo for Battlefield 3 would be available prior to the game's launch this fall. Unfortunately, Bach's reply amounted to little more than an answer in the affirmative. As such, he did not offer any additional gameplay details or a specific release timing. EA had not responded to a request for comment as of press time.

Battlefield 3 will apparently be sending out skirmishers before the full assault.

Battlefield 3 will sport both a single-player campaign and an online component, which can be played with up to 64 players (for the PC version only). Battlefield 3 will support co-op play for its campaign and will let gamers pilot jets, among other vehicles. Additionally, Battlefield 3 will run on DICE's updated Frostbite 2 engine.

For more information, check out GameSpot's previous coverage of Battlefield 3. "
ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:29 AM   #663
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

A war with Call Of Duty will only help PC sales in my view. BF essentially is a PC centric franchise. If EA are really stupid they will enter a war with Activision they simply won't win. Console sales for COD6 or whatever its called with no doubt be very strong, stronger than BF3. However I don't think the PC sales of the next COD title will be that great. I think BF3 will hold its own against COD on the PC, it probably won't beat it, but it will be close I think.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 22, 2011, 06:04 AM   #664
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Anyone else waiting for the CoD Vs BF game? ... or CoD Vs BF Vs CS:S Vs MoH Vs the illiterate...
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:42 AM   #665
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

anyone know when the beta is soposed to start, I want to get my monies worth for MOH LE.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:18 AM   #666
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
anyone know when the beta is soposed to start, I want to get my monies worth for MOH LE.
I don't know, but I would guess it would be around August - Sept kind of time.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 09:03 AM   #667
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

oh, that's still quite a while off, I hope they don't do a short beta, and disregard most of the reported bugs just to rush the product out in time for christmas.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2011, 04:45 PM   #668
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

25% off easter special for BF3:

Quote:
Battlefield 3 pre-order on Direct2Drive for $40 with promo code: BUNNY (25% off) Direct2Drive: Buy Battlefield 3 Download #BF3 (usa,can)

If europe use rabbit.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2011, 04:47 PM   #669
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 09:11 AM   #670
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Aus gamers BF3 interview

For those that dont bother reading to much, I'll sum up the important part of the interview:
Whereas the old Battlefield gamers could mod just fine - even when they had to program their own tools do work around the crappy mod support in BF1942, current Battlefield gamers are too stupid to create mods. So we wont see a mod toolkit. Sorry.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:11 AM   #671
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Almost. After the part of them not releasing any information or details on mods, he said there is a declining interest in the mod scene. Not sure I agree with him there, but I can understand them decreasing the development time by not working on something few people will use.

Although I find this to be stupid:
Quote:
So I’m really sorry to say, but it is a declining kind of art form. Which we see as a very, very sad thing, because we have recruited a lot of mod people to DICE actually.
They remove mod makers from the scene and then point out it's a declining art form? Hopefully they work on putting mod-centric ideas into the game from the start.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2011, 01:48 PM   #672
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

LOL yeah, it's only declining because they started releasing nothing but unmodifiable console ports..
Old Apr 23, 2011, 03:12 PM   #673
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
LOL yeah, it's only declining because they started releasing nothing but unmodifiable console ports..
This.
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2011, 02:11 AM   #674
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
Almost. After the part of them not releasing any information or details on mods, he said there is a declining interest in the mod scene. Not sure I agree with him there, but I can understand them decreasing the development time by not working on something few people will use.

Although I find this to be stupid: They remove mod makers from the scene and then point out it's a declining art form? Hopefully they work on putting mod-centric ideas into the game from the start.
I really don't see this "decline" in mods. Maybe, perhaps, there are "less" but you have to consider how much more difficult they are to create nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2011, 04:07 PM   #675
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24860/

BF2 Complete collection 75% off £3.75
Old May 8, 2011, 07:51 PM   #676
phexus
Radeon Evergreen

phexus is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
http://store.steampowered.com/app/24860/

BF2 Complete collection 75% off £3.75
I saw that and I came here to ask.. Is there still a community for this game? I put soo many hours into this game back in the day, and was thinking of playing it again.. was curious if it was dead or not..
Old May 8, 2011, 08:02 PM   #677
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by phexus View Post
I saw that and I came here to ask.. Is there still a community for this game? I put soo many hours into this game back in the day, and was thinking of playing it again.. was curious if it was dead or not..
It's far from dead. Even with filters for no passworded games, no empty games, same version, etc. I ended up with 243 servers to choose from (see below). Although it's not quite as active as today's most-played MP games, there are still plenty players and servers out there!

Old May 8, 2011, 08:08 PM   #678
phexus
Radeon Evergreen

Awesome! thanks for the info, i'm going to re-live some good memories now.
Old May 8, 2011, 09:22 PM   #679
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

But then filter by players and disregard infantry-only and... slim pickens.
Old May 8, 2011, 09:36 PM   #680
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
It's far from dead. Even with filters for no passworded games, no empty games, same version, etc. I ended up with 243 servers to choose from (see below). Although it's not quite as active as today's most-played MP games, there are still plenty players and servers out there!
Great. I probably will install it again when I move to NC, but the problem is how i can't remember my account and password is...I guess I'll create a new account.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2011, 01:36 AM   #681
phexus
Radeon Evergreen

I just played BF2 for 2-3 hours still as awesome as it was 3 years ago when I played it last plenty of people to play with.
Old May 9, 2011, 03:19 PM   #682
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

Apparently there is a "Back To Karkand" reveal tomorrow on the 10th of May.

Supposedly pics and other stuff. Facebook is the place apparently...
http://www.facebook.com/battlefield
Old May 10, 2011, 01:06 AM   #683
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just wondering the pre-order map pack can you only get those if you pre-order or can you get them later?

It kind of sucks if you can't not everyone has the ability to buy things online or in my case I kind of can but would rather wait and buy it at my local shop where I don't think the pre-order thingy works.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 01:21 AM   #684
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

they will definitely be selling it later as dlc. the only benefit of pre-ordering it is that you get it for the same price as the game.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011, 11:10 AM   #685
phexus
Radeon Evergreen

just some concept art, but got me excited

Old May 11, 2011, 01:38 PM   #686
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Does anyone know if DICE has released the system requirements for BF3 yet?

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 01:41 PM   #687
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 02:16 PM   #688
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

We sure have come a long way from this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2011, 03:04 PM   #689
meerkat154
Radeon R600

meerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymeerkat154 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by phexus View Post
I just played BF2 for 2-3 hours still as awesome as it was 3 years ago when I played it last plenty of people to play with.
I still can't get BF2 to run under Windows 7 x64. Constantly being booted by Punkbuster. I tried the retail CD and now own the Steam versions. Both boot me from Punkbuster.

I should take this to another thread...not BF3 related but since we are on the topic.
-Kat
meerkat154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2011, 03:17 PM   #690
2001ppj
XeoNexus

2001ppj is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

If you use the steam overlay, punkbuster will boot you every time.
2001ppj is offline   Reply With Quote