Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 2, 2021, 03:04 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Why Do People Review Products Like This

I'm looking for a powered USB hub and come across this horseshit review...

Owns it 2 years works great, dies, makes a bad review... Like WTF....
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 04:18 PM   #2
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I imagine frustration plays a part. I too think two years is too short a lifespan for a USB hub though.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 05:29 PM   #3
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

What's better are the dipshits who review shipping speed and website service on a product's page.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 2, 2021, 05:56 PM   #4
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

To be honest, if I'm spending a whole $50 on a USB 3.0 hub I'm expecting it to work flawlessly for at least 20 years. If not, well, then prepare for my ****ing wrath on a internet review!!!

BTW, you can get it for $31 on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Vantec-Port-S.../dp/B004IYJWVW

andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2021, 06:17 PM   #5
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
To be honest, if I'm spending a whole $50 on a USB 3.0 hub I'm expecting it to work flawlessly for at least 20 years. If not, well, then prepare for my ****ing wrath on a internet review!!!

BTW, you can get it for $31 on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Vantec-Port-S.../dp/B004IYJWVW

**** that, I'm not buying that one, it only lasts 2 years.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Mar 2, 2021, 08:34 PM   #6
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwardsandino can recite pi backwards

$15 a year is better than $25 a year though!

LOL
Old Mar 3, 2021, 01:36 AM   #7
ugly
Radeon R600

ugly is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
What's better are the dipshits who review shipping speed and website service on a product's page.
The reviews that I hate the most are: 5/5 I can't wait to get this!
ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 01:44 AM   #8
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Sometimes the shipping speed reviews are ok with me. A few years back Newegg decided to change up their shipping and I didn't catch it until I hit the reviews. Newegg basically stopped delivering on the weekends and kept the high shipping costs the same. I appreciated that heads up and went with Amazon because it got the part to me faster for basically the same price...

But yeah, straight up reviews on how something got to them slowly when they could easily have paid for faster shipping is totally lame, IMO.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 01:48 AM   #9
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

I also hate the obvious seeded reviews.

My favorite are when there are twenty 5/5 reviews all posted on the same day and all posting the same junk, "Greatest Widget In THe WoRlD!" with 20 others spread out over 6 months saying it's a piece of crap.

Hey, it's still a 3.5/5....

It really pays to actually read all the reviews and not just the 5 star ones....
Old Mar 3, 2021, 02:52 AM   #10
KAC
Dirty humans

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The way I read reviews is by selecting the lowest reviews. From there since I know the percentages, I can figure out if it is worth my time investment to try a product. Also I can figure out how much of a moron the reviewer is.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 08:38 AM   #11
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Well, that's not entirely worthless for something like Amazon where you can get the exact same thing from a dozen different vendors. If a given vendor sucks, you can order the product from someone else.

The main problem is that amazon doesn't have a way to distinguish the product from the company selling the product (like a retailer-ratings thing) now that a lot of **** isn't sold by amazon itself.

But going back to the original post... If a product that doesn't get used/abused has a short lifetime, then yes, it is a piece of *** and I would want to know that. Sure, some things you'd expect to have a limited lifespan... shoes you wear every day, etc. Other things should last decades. I just reglazed my tub with a product called Ekopel. If 1 year later it starts cracking/peeling up I will be unhappy and want other people to know not to bother with the effort and cost. If it lasts 10 or more, then I won't have any complaints.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 08:43 AM   #12
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Shipping reviews are good, in my case when I choose overnight shipping from Newegg and then get it 2 to 3 weeks later. When I look at the shipping history it does a world tour....
Old Mar 3, 2021, 09:09 AM   #13
greyghost
people are stupid

greyghost once held a door open for a complete strangergreyghost once held a door open for a complete strangergreyghost once held a door open for a complete strangergreyghost once held a door open for a complete stranger

I get asked to review purchases all the time. Sometimes much later. *shrug* I don't usually bother because who the fk has time?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:46 AM   #14
xCLAVEx
FCK Joebama/HeelsUpHarris

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I hate it when I buy something and then they beg you for a review. I mean wtf, I JUST bought it and haven't had time to even use it. Ask me in a month to review it and MAYBE I will if I feel like it. I need time to actually use the product and see how it holds up and if it does what I want. Don't ask me to review the damn thing before I even get it out of the box.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:08 PM   #15
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
The way I read reviews is by selecting the lowest reviews. From there since I know the percentages, I can figure out if it is worth my time investment to try a product. Also I can figure out how much of a moron the reviewer is.
That's how I read reviews too. Most of the 1-star reviewers are morons.
"DOA"

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:18 PM   #16
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah most tech review i read is a)they are idiots b)user error c)idiots
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:38 PM   #17
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Well, that's not entirely worthless for something like Amazon where you can get the exact same thing from a dozen different vendors. If a given vendor sucks, you can order the product from someone else.

The main problem is that amazon doesn't have a way to distinguish the product from the company selling the product (like a retailer-ratings thing) now that a lot of **** isn't sold by amazon itself.

But going back to the original post... If a product that doesn't get used/abused has a short lifetime, then yes, it is a piece of *** and I would want to know that. Sure, some things you'd expect to have a limited lifespan... shoes you wear every day, etc. Other things should last decades. I just reglazed my tub with a product called Ekopel. If 1 year later it starts cracking/peeling up I will be unhappy and want other people to know not to bother with the effort and cost. If it lasts 10 or more, then I won't have any complaints.
Yes they do, you click on the seller name and there's a whole page dedicated to reviews.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2021, 05:51 PM   #18
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I don't typically leave reviews unless something died on me before it's warranty was up. The things I do leave reviews on are things that I've had for a while, and will explain any quirks.

I ignore all appliance reviews that are 5 stars, because 99.9% of the time the moron leaves the review a week after they got it.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote