Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:58 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Got myself a new car!

We had an Opel Astra (2004), but at 250.000+ kilometers it was kinda falling apart at the seams. With a second kid about to be born (any day now, literally), we figured it was time for a bigger family car.

Bye bye Astra, hello Volkswagen Golf Variant (2014). Not the coolest car in the world or anything, but it's exactly what we need and can afford, so I'm very happy with our new ride.

(Of course, it merely compliments the Suzuki GSXR750. )
Old Oct 5, 2019, 01:01 PM   #2
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Not bad, congrats.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2019, 01:23 PM   #3
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

My buddy just picked up a Tiguan and it's gorgeous. Really, really comfy to sit in.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 5, 2019, 03:46 PM   #4
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Congrats.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2019, 04:00 PM   #5
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Congratulations! Is a gas or diesel model?
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2019, 07:24 PM   #6
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Congratulations! Is a gas or diesel model?
Gas; we don't drive enough for diesel to be financially sensible.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 07:49 PM   #7
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Gas; we don't drive enough for diesel to be financially sensible.
What do you mean? I was under the impression that diesel was cheaper than gas in Europe. Does a car with a diesel engine cost more upfront?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:16 PM   #8
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Thumbs up

Congrats!
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:29 AM   #9
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Congrats on the new ride man.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 09:38 AM   #10
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
What do you mean? I was under the impression that diesel was cheaper than gas in Europe. Does a car with a diesel engine cost more upfront?
Diesel is cheaper per liter, but taxes on the cars are higher, with the amounts differing per nation. Depends on how much you drive, whether it's more economical or not. Plenty of other political stuff going on surrounding diesel cars, which I'm not fully up-to-date with though.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:31 PM   #11
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Congrats on the car! Looks nice! I am confused with their options over there. You have dual zone climate control, but no steering wheel buttons?
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2019, 01:54 PM   #12
twonha
Yods be silent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
Congrats on the car! Looks nice! I am confused with their options over there. You have dual zone climate control, but no steering wheel buttons?
Ugh. Yeah. By default the Volkswagen has few features, so it's up to the buyer to decide what package he wants. Apparently the original buyer didn't shell out for a multifunctional steering wheel, which means the car didn't even have cruise control. I think cruise control is more important than dual zone climate control or seat warmers, so I had that added after the test drive.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 10:20 PM   #13
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Lots of space for a sound system
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:30 AM   #14
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

You know...... It has 4 wheels. Right? Kidding, nice ride!

Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2019, 06:26 PM   #15
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Diesel is cheaper per liter, but taxes on the cars are higher, with the amounts differing per nation. Depends on how much you drive, whether it's more economical or not. Plenty of other political stuff going on surrounding diesel cars, which I'm not fully up-to-date with though.
Gotcha. Thanks.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 10:37 PM   #16
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Congrats
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote